Sensi Skunk#1 (Fem) / Hand Watered Coco / CFL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 11:09
you have a calmag deficiency. (yellowing between the veins)  add some in your feed.

I dont see any mention of a TDS or EC meter. If youre not using, id recommend you get them as soon as possible.

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 22:52
Hi everyone. I think that the issue here was a lock-out rather than a deficiency (due to my inattentiveness with watering/feeding during something of a personal crisis). My water (taken from chalk underground sources) contains over 110mg/litre of Calcium. I normally solve any Mg defficiency with a leaf-spray or two of Epsom solution.
The truth is, the Coco was allowed to dry out quite a bit - a mortal sin - and they suffered as a result.
I've put them on their proper feeding regime, and I'm glad to say that recovery has been fast, with plenty of new, healthy, growth.
I would love to have a quality TDS or EC meter, but can't afford one. I will get one one day - but for now I'll just have to pay more attention to what the plants' are telling me.
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 23:11
Here's some photos from today. Since being topped (all except for N0.3) the plants' have been kicking-out their side-shoots. Leaf texture and colour are much better now. Also can see 'air-roots' poking out from the Coco. Re-pot coming soon.

I think I keep No.3 around just because the way it's growing amuses me.

Another update soon...

blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 14:31
your water at 110mg/L is a bit too hard. While its not unhealthy, you might need to flush your coco more frequently to avoid buildup. Too much Mg/CaCO3 will create a pH buffer which will be too alkaline for your plants. Keep an eye on your pH.

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2013 at 13:37
Originally posted by blackmore

your water at 110mg/L is a bit too hard. While its not unhealthy, you might need to flush your coco more frequently to avoid buildup. Too much Mg/CaCO3 will create a pH buffer which will be too alkaline for your plants. Keep an eye on your pH.

Thanks for the good advice, blackmore. Am keeping pH control very tight now.
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 18:00
UPDATE: Since the last update, the plants have been repotted and put into flower. I flipped the lights to 12/12 on the 17th April (Day 45 of veg).

The girls - for such they are (declared within 7 days) - have also had some pruning done. I don't think there is any point in allowing low side-shoots, that won't get enough light, to use resources best reserved for the tops. By the way - sorry if I didn't mention it before - the tallest one got topped twice.

There appear to be two distinct types of Skunk#1 in the grow; two plants are quite tall, with longer internodal gaps, and two plants that are more compact. From memory, I think the shorter one's tend to finish a bit quicker than the taller ones, but I got more yield from the tall ones last time. I don't know anything about phenotypes so I can't say more than that.

I'm still sticking to the Canna personalised grow guide, and the plants are loving it. Incidentally, the root formation in the Coco is, as usual, phenominal.

Anyway, here are a couple of Flowering Day-11 photos: -

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 01:20
Notes / Photos Update:

These pictures were taken on 7th May, 2013 - Day 20 of Flowering (73 days since seed - including 45 days veg).

The flowering response has been quick and strong, with no apparent problems. You can see the difference between the two (on the left in the group photo) tall bushy types, and the shorter (presumably more indica dominant) types (on the right).

The little messed-up 5th plant is just out of shot, and is likely to be replaced by two (practice) clones later, that I took from the trimmings from the best tall bushy skunk #1 (they are currently vegging in another grow area).

From my experience of the last time I grew these Sensi Skunk #1 fems, I think the tall bushy types produce a higher yield than the short ones.

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 01:13
Hi all %3cig%3c
Have been lax with this, sorry.

There have been no problems at all since the last update. The plants continue to thrive on the Cana A+B and Rhizo, and have ceased lengthening altogether. Am desperate to get some PK into them, but can't afford it at the mo.

I took some photos of the plants on Sunday 26th May - Day 39 of Flowering, but am having trouble uploading %3cngry

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 01:24
Why am I being told (by the site) that my .jpg images are not .jpg images - even though they were produced in exactly the same way as all the other .jpg images in this thread!?

Oh, well. Will try again later.
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:45
looking good!
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 00:56

Those photos I took on Sunday...

Here's the group shot. (e2a: the coloured ties at the top of the left plant are pipe cleaners I put there to pull the 4-stems in a bit nearer the light).

This is a bud forming on one of the taller girls.

And another one.

This is one of the buds, forming on one of the two shorter Skunk #1s.

And another one.

Peace dudes %3coving%20it

Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 00:58
Figured out the problem with the images was dpi - my bad.
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 01:01

Originally posted by blackmore

looking good!

Thanks %3cmbarrass%3cd

First flowering phase has been excellent (considering lighting limitations), and they stink %3cmile Good job my carbon-filter is working well.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 05:39
They do look nice :D
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Grow4Life View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Grow4Life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2013 at 18:14
Thanks Sarah.
Sorry about being late with this, but the Skunk #1 ladies all got the chop on the 18th June. If my arithmatic serves me right, that was the 61st day of flowering.
Anyway things got a bit hectic after that, then when the bud had dried a bit (had to dry it in a carbon-filtered cupboard because of the rich stench of it) I sampled some - and lost a few days %3cig%3c

The yield results were for me - bearing in mind my lighting is only CFL 400w Output (allbeit in 100% PAR) - very acceptable. The two tall types gave 50 bone-dry grammes; the two more compact shorter types gave 34 bone-dry grammes. So a total of 84 grammes. %3coving%20it

Not happy that I couldn't give them the PK13/14 when they needed it though.

As the bud is conditioning, it is getting a sweeter smell. The smoke itself is pure Skunk. It zombified me.

This grow is not technically over though. During the grow I practiced my cloning, and as a result there are now two clones (of the tallest one) now in their third week in the flower room. I shall continue to update this thread concerning these two.

In a minute, or two, I shall post some pics of a small portion of the dried Sensi Skunk #1 %3cmoking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>