Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Flowering - Pruning, Training, Intensive Growing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HPS for Veg? + Misc. Q’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPS for Veg? + Misc. Q’s
    Posted: 02 March 2006 at 00:50

Will a 600W HPS be sufficient to grow healthy tall plant during the vegatative period.

I know that they will be able to grow to some extent but if it will do i shall have to stay with it untill a few harvest's are under my belt.

Also will a 6" Fan/Filter kit be able to cope with thick white widow buds in a 2.5m by 1.5m Box ( Also 1.5m tall )

Ok this is what i should have: 600W HPS covering 3.75 Sq/m on Soil With Hesi Nutrients - My setup is sounding a bit more together now.

How soon into the grow should i set up the SoG netting - will this restrict the plant, preventing vertical growth? And how to use it to maximise yield?

Hopefully someone can answer these crazy questions

Bowen

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
keagrowa View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote keagrowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2006 at 12:39

I can try to answer where i can.

Yes you can veg under hps,my top44s are currently vegging at just under a inch per day under 2x400hps. Ideally a MH or Floros should be used for vegging as they promote faster veg and root growth. my first few grows i did everything uder hps(250w) germinate veg and flower.

U might want to consider 2 lights at sum point, I use 2x400hps in 2meterx1meter floorspace,so 1sqr/mtr per 400( i got a friend who grows commercially REALLY BIG scale and he uses 3x400hps in 2m x 1m floorspace). And if im right a 600 should do about 1.3x1.3sqr/mtr. eficiently. So 2 x 600w should be so sweet in their.

The flipside,mor lights=mor heat=mor fans=mor $$$$

Ive never grown Scrog but i would guesse u set ur screen up before the plants get high enuf to risk harming them while setting it up.Also consider acces to the back of ur box,will u be able to get 1.5meters in to attach ur screen when its full of plants. Then i would train/top(whatever u prefer) them as bushy as possible while they growing towards the screen until they hit it. Then u start bending them thru the holes to cover all the space so u can have a pretty dense canopy of buds in the end.I think the purpose of scrog is to prevent vertical growth and give a big flat plant that covers the space of a couple.It will require a longer veg period.

PLEASE NOTE: I've never grown scrog so this is purely me thinking how i would have  done a SCROG.

I prefer SOG,I grow 40 clones at once in 2m x 1m, 1week root,1/2week veg(depending on strain),then flower,end up with a solid mass of topcolas filling entire space.

About the fan, I use a fan that moves just over 500Qubicmeter/h in my 2 x 1 x 2 box. So i replace my air twice a minute.Here in SA it gets hot,35degree celcius easily,so temps are a problem in summer,with my setup as it is now i maintain 27/28degree on a hot day and 24/26degree on cooler days or at night.

How many plants are u growing in ur space,1 is gonna take Loooooong to veg enuf to fill it. I would do 6 plants(1 per 750mm x 833mm)that way it wont take months of vegging to cover the screen.

Hope i was of sum help.

KGrowa

Post Reply Post Reply