seeds from feminised plant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: seeds from feminised plant
    Posted: 10 November 2012 at 18:44

Hi to all hope you can help am getting towards the end of my grow of super skunk and part way through with jack flash, silver haze and blue mystic i have noticed some seeds around on all plants not many but pollenation has occured on some level. I have read that some feminised seeds will have both characteristics. is this why they have seeded and what will these seeds become? Will they be standard or feminised or a genetic fuck up are they worth trying or will they be like the seeds we found in our bags as kids that sprouted and then did fuck all else ha ha. thanks again to all

assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 17:42
Hello barebits
I had the same with feminised seeds.From what i have gathered the fems have the male genes taken out but there are still a few floating about in there,and they (the females)somehow sense this and create a few male flowers to survive to the next generation.
When i have taken clones from standard seeds i found you would still get a few male flowers.Its like naturally you would always have males and females,so having all females is an unatural situation and nature finds a way to overcome this anomaly by self pollinating.From what i have been told the seeds from this would tend toward hemaphroditism .The more generations away from F1 you go the more degraded they will get especially the feminised(I am not fully understanding how feminised are actually made in the field) And the last paragraph is my educated guess..
T is for truth,for truth is strange,stranger than fiction..lord byron
barrebits View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote barrebits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2012 at 18:19
many thanks assinomen not quite the news i was hoping for but every cloud and all that i do not understand the genetics thing too well either what i have read is very confusing and meant for more clever minds than this stoned one ha ha maybea field somewhere would benefit ha ha ha ha%3ceed%20leaf
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 11:43
well you never know for sure till you plant them.
I have a few hundreds of seeds but would not take the chance,,still they are always good to have in case of emergency i am sure some would turn out female..
T is for truth,for truth is strange,stranger than fiction..lord byron
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 18:27
Hi
I actually got some seeds in one ofg the Super skunk fem on my last grow. I found it puzzling as i assumed that that plant or another had produced some male flowers but I had four plants in the tent and only one produced seeds.  Well as Jeff Goldblum would say if he was reading the script " Life will find a way " LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply