SS northern lights #5 x Haze grow diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 04:22
Lovely buds Abbmacher... would be nice to see a few shots of them with the hps. The nl#5xhaze might not have stretched much yet, but it should continue to gain in size as flowering continues. Unlike indica doms which tend to stretch at the beginning of flower and then stop gaining height. Granted, with the topping I doubt the plant will get to a problematic size.

All the best for the rest of flowering. sara.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:02
Hi Sarah, thanks for taking a look. Could you offer me some advice.

The lower leaves are yellowing quite heavily. I know this is normal in late flowering as the plant draws nitrogen in from the leaves. I am sure this is happening a bit early. The leaves about half way up have yellowed fully. It is strange as all the other strains I have grown in the same soil were fine.
Should I just add nitrogen rich ferts? I have tried some with little to no difference!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 04:04
If they are yellowing from the bottom upwards, then yes, they need some nitrogen. Plants use a lot of nitrogen in the first 2-3 weeks of flowering while they are gaining height quickly. The leaves that have already yellowed wont return to green but extra nitrogen should stop the condition from progressing up the plant.

All the best, sara
abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2013 at 14:58
Hi Sarah. Many thanks for the Help. I sourced some high nitro, organic tonic. Unfortunately it took a while to reach me.

I gave the two yellow plants a 1-10 ratio feed last week and a 1-30 yesterday. Unfortunately I think the damage is done. The bud leaf seems OK and dark green, but most of the older fan leaves are very yellow.

Plant number 1.

I also dropped a power lead onto this one last night. One whole stem snapped off and was being held on by the skin of the stem. The break was clean so I bound it up to meet the main stem and today it seems fine. I feel like and idiot!! Time will tell if it lasts or turns hermie on me.

Plant 2

This was my last seed. I went into flower about a week ago, so I have given it the same two nitrogen feeds and so far no yellowing to speak of..

abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:20
Nitrogen starved mothers!

2 weeks into flower

abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 16:49
Both with a few weeks left too go

Plant 1 NL x 5 haze

Plant 2 NL x 5 Haze

The next generation 4 weeks into 12/12. Looking much better than the last 2 did due too getting a good nitrogen dose at about cycle swap.

abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 12:04
Hmmm,   Does anyone think these are ready to come down yet? they are about 10 week into flowering.

Here is the last one at about 5 weeks into 12/12

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 19:19
Lovely plants abbmacher, i wish I was about to harvest those! They do look ready but it's also hard to tell with the hps light on them. I read above where Sarah Louise said it would be nice to see them with the hps, but I'd be almost sure she meant 'without' rather than 'with'.

Often sativa heavy strains will keep pushing out fresh white pistils on the buds closet to the lights so you should take the look of the whole plant as a guide when to chop. If around 75% of the pistils on the entire plant have died back I would harvest them. Some folk use the colour of the trich heads to decide when to harvest.

If u can post a couple of bud shots out of the flower room and without any hps light it will help to see how done they are!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 16:41
Many thanks Alecky, I will try to get a few later. I did have a close up of a trics last night and most were cloudy with very few amber!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 11:11
lol yes I did mean without the hps.
abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 11:37

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:47
Oh yeah baby now your talking!!!! %3chumbs%20Up Beautiful buds and beautiful pictures abbmacher, a job very well done. They look ready to me,id give them a few days flush then get the chainsaw out.Enjoy your harvest!%3coving%20it
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 13:01
Hi sarah, i knew what you meant,but after 10yrs i still cant work out what the missus is saying means....
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 15:22
They look really nice abb's
Am thinking about what to grow after the ones i have on the go at the minute.
Its a toss up between NL#5 OR pure power plant.
Lets us know how you get on yield wise if you would please.
Well done and enjoy those biftas.
Have a good day
Live and let live
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 04:36
Originally posted by alecky

Hi sarah, i knew what you meant,but after 10yrs i still cant work out what the missus is saying means....

I know the feeling...

Buds look swish abbmacher... definitely approaching the finish line. %3chumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>