strange!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spacecowboy655 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spacecowboy655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: strange!
    Posted: 23 October 2012 at 14:02
can anyone from sensi or any experienced growers please tell me if, when growing from seed, is it normal to sprout a shoot from the seed leaves, 3 weeks after germination? i have never seen this before and most of my growing has been done from seed. thanks and happy growing to all!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2012 at 14:50
It doesn't sound normal, but cannabis can grow in many unusual ways. Most anomalies correct themselves early in the vegetative phase.

Is this shoot the first or second growing tip on the seedling? That is, did the first shoots sprout from between the cotyledons (the round 'seed leaves'), followed by this one? Or was there no original shoot?

In any case, it's unlikely that this unusual shape will persist. On the other hand, there's a small chance that this plant has an extra strong tendency for branching. Only time will tell!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
spacecowboy655 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote spacecowboy655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:01
hello, thanks for the reply. it had grown well past the initial 'seed leaves' before sprouting the shoot in question, sadly turned out a male so had to get rid anyway. however, i have another question for you if you dont mind answering it please.
been flowering a early xxx from ministry of cannabis (not my choice, it was a donated seed from a friend) for the last 4 weeks, but the small leaves that are growing out from the flowers are yellowing pretty much straight away, this hasnt happened to the whole plant, just the top 4 buds. also on the effected buds, they dont seem to be growing many pistils. the rest of the plant is fine and the blue hash i have in there is completely fine also, so i know the environment is ok, thank you for your time and help.
Alan %3ceed%20leaf%3cig%3c
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 13:22
That sounds like it could be a fungal infection in the upper bud. Check closely - including the stem inside the bud - for any sign of fungus.

If new leaves are yellowing and withering suddenly, (especially the spear leaves in buds)  fungus or some other pest/infestation is more likely than a nutrient problem.

If it's not fungus, posting a photo in this thread might help us identify the problem.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply