Sensi Big Bud DWC medical help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Primz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Primz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensi Big Bud DWC medical help
    Posted: 01 October 2012 at 12:36
Hello everyone, hope all is well have been thinking of a few things an wanted some good direction from you all if possible. Basically am going to be doing 5 sensi Big buds in a DWC bubble bucket method and if honest this is the first time I have done a DWC grow or grown Sensi big bid so was wondering what's best way to go about it.

I am trying finish with all plants under 5ft at harvest and want to max out yield so I will have enough smoke, butter and oil for a reasonable amount of time.

Was thinking to Veg plants for 5 weeks and leave all of them untopped so I don't have to deal with to much branch bending an hassle. If anyone has any info for me or ways to go about achieving what I want please feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance all

Primz
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 15:40
Hello Primz.
I grow in DWC using advanced nutes and if growing from seed i would.
Use the paper towel method to germ them.
Plant them into a small pot of compost untill there is decent root development.
Wash off all the compost very carefully.
Transplant into 6 inch net pot and put them into my buckets and veg them under cfls till about 12/18 inches tall.
Then i put them under the hps on 18/6 for a further week or so before flipping to 12/12.

I grow from clones at the moment and basically follow the above method with those to but i still do a few in a bubble cloner.
My clones usually end up twice the size from veg to finish but i think grown from seed you might get a little more height gain in flower.
Check my indoor grow diary its my second grow and i'm now at 38 days 12/12.
Hope this helps and if you would like any advice and i can help don't hesitate to ask.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
Primz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Primz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 22:05
Hi 1966 thanks for the reply mate, i was going to use seeds and put them in 2" rockwool then add to the DWC do you think that would be suitable also. Will be checking out your indoor grow diary also.

Chers in advance
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 14:11
No problem using rockwool as i am just growing my latest clones in rock wool in a propagator.
Once i have a inch or so of roots protruding from the rockwool i will move them into baskets in the dwc with a very light nute solution.
One thing i would recommend is don't change the bucket resovoir every week but just top it up and keep a eye on ph and ec, and change the res about every 3 weeks as i seemed to struggle a bit on my first grow and i think it may well of been down to the change in temps of the refill shocking the plants a bit.
This grow i have only changed the resovoir once after 3 weeks dureing veg and at 28 days of 12/12 and they seem to be doing quite a bit better than my first lot did.
Have a good weekend
Live and let live
Primz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Primz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 16:22
Kl kl mate will def keep that in mind. Have just started to germ the seed today actually. Also have been noticing a lot of algie or gunk in some people's DWC system and thy swear that it was not due to light exposure so that has got me little para ;) have u had any problems like that at all?

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 21:20
Hello Primz.
I have never had any issues with algae but my buckets are black and totally light proof and it is my under standing but i may be wrong that algae needs light to grow in the first place and then to survive.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
 Post Reply Post Reply