super Skunk. a first grow. grow tent, CFL and LED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 13:41
man, relax, your plants look just they way they should.
a small black spot is nothing to worry about and most times over reacting to "problems" like this will lead to real problems for plants.
your babies are leaving the seedling phase to get into the vegging phase. you will see them grow at a dramatic pace and they will tell you clearly if they have some kind of problem.
but if your enviroment is good (temp, RH, water, air, PH) and clean, you won't have any problems, just a happy harvest!
:-)
ak50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ak50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 21:44
Roger that. :)
Thanks man.
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 11:55
let them do there thing until you see some thing wrong. you may do more harm then good trying to hard.. my frist time i over watered really badly but they nearly died id say but they still came back and became monsters.. enjoy the ride :)
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 14:51
black spot = no worries. The plants look perfectly healthy. spots and deformed growth etc isnt an odd occurrence. its probably just the plant adjusting to the soil.

If complete leaves start turning black, that would be worrying.
ak50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ak50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 11:38

It’s certainly reassuring and relaxing to here all this. thanks a lot.

As of this weekend we are actually starting week 3.

Yesterday – Day 14 - watered with half the recommended dose of Root Juice and Bio-Grow.

During the last week there was practically no increase of the height of the seedlings…  it remained ~ 5 – 6 cms

looks like the increase of 1 CM / p day of week 1 almost stopped during week 2.

instead, there’s increase in the horizontal size.

Sizes from tip to tip:

Day 14 –

#3 – 8.5

#4 – 9.5

Day 15 –

#3 – 9

#4 – 10.3

it is important to note that #4 was at first second to #3. it germinated later – like almost 2 days later.

And recently, #4 is by-passing #3, and is now bigger than his brother.

The only difference I can note between these two, is the pot.

#3 is in plastic air pot, where I was packing the coco-perlite tightly.

with #4 I experimented, and placed it in nylon bag, that has perforation all over it. (like the one used to wrap flowers with).

Because of this the coco-perlite is less packed, and is just a bit more loose….. this might be the reason for a better working of #4 roots? and faster growth?

Also – see following picture of #4…..  I can already see roots along the sides of the nylon pot.

Is this a sign to re-pot? – after 2 weeks?

#3 Air-pot is 1 L.

#4 is ~ 2L

Looking forwards for comments – as always :-)

AK

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 14:05
Hello AK they will start to accelerate in growth with each new set of leaves now as you will notice in the next week or so.
Don't allow light to be exposed to the roots of the one in the nylon pot.
All new growers are always on edge and make mistakes so you are doing the right thing by asking for the advice of others.
Your doing very well so far so just ask before you do anything that might have a detrimental effect on your young ones.
Have good day.
Live and let live
ak50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ak50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 14:47
Thx '66.
The roots are on the sides. Not direct under the CFL but ofcourse getting light reflected from the sides.
So do you think its time for re-poting?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 19:33
Hello Ak
I would check them all out for root growth being visible at the sides of the pots but they do look to be getting close to it.maybe another week or two/
I would still avoid getting any light at the roots whether it is direct or indirect,roots are not meant to receive light.
Have a good evening
Live and let live
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 22:15
Well done ak, your seedlings look very happy.

I completely agree with 1966, no light should reach the roots if you're hoping for a strong, healthy plant. You should at least cover the transparent pot with black plastic or something for now. And also make sure all your future containers are completely opaque.

Cheers
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 23:02
hello guys super skunk virtualy grows its self! top strain less is more with it! look for a nice grape tasting pheno a sativa leaner, its
a lovley sherbert taste and up beat high
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
ak50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ak50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 13:13
aluminiom foil is wrrapped around the nylon pot.  %3cool
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 13:26
That will do the trick Ak.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
ak50 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ak50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 01:04

Thx ’66 and all.

Today – Day 17 of the bigger girls – they got fed again – BioGrow and Root Juice,  ~70% of the recommended dose.

It’s been 3.5 days from the previous feed, and it looks like they needed it %3cmbarrass%3cd  (older leaves are a bit more yellow than the new ones).

It still amazes me that these sets of leaves (the 3s, 5s, and the new set already showing) are coming so close together vertically.

So I visited “wish me luck” ’66…. great stuff !

After finishing to enjoy and envy the last pages I scrolled back to page #3 or so, to see your girls at the age of 14 and 21 days…

looked quite similar to mine, so now I am little better relaxed %3cig%3c

Another insight.

The perforated nylon bag pot experiment will probably get a thumb down:

Pros:

·         Being able to see the roots progress?

·         Better air input than in a regular pot?

Cons:

·         Roots exposure to Light (can be fixed)

·         Not holding water very well – seems that be because it is packed more loosely, when I water it, water comes at the bottom much quicker than with the air pot, although its double the size…

Anyway – I’ll be repoting both into a 10L Airpots soon.  #5 (the youngest) will go into a regular one (not Air pot).  Ah... maybe another Pro for the nylon bag...  the re-poting might be less disturbing:  I'll put it in the new pot, do several carefull cuts in the bag and then pull the pieces out gently  (at least I'm good in theories...  %3crmm I'll let you know about actual practice :-) )

be safe. 
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 11:10
Morning Ak.
All new growers are nerevous and its always good as a new grower to read and compare your grow with pictures of others grows to see how you are doing.
I have only been growing myself since about Febuary and this is only my second lot now that are approaching harvest.
I did however probably do a lot of things that first time growers don't usually do changing to {Dwc,topping and cloning}and was frightened to death about doing anything but these plants are so forgiving its unbelievable the amount of abuse they can take.
Try and chillax and just continue to read up ask questions and you will be fine.
If a numbty like me can do it anyone can.
YouTube is a great source for info as i find it easier to understand something if i am shown it not read it and i would recommend you search on there.
Have a good day
Live and let live
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 11:34
when using air pots the whole idea is to let the roots hit the air light. ever hear of air pruning ? im not sure on what your thoughts are on repotting into airpots but when i do it thats the final transplant.. i have never transplanted from smaller airpots to larger ones?

not holding water well is a plus to very hard to over water, more air gets into root zone through watering to..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>