Widow - Perfect Height?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SULLI1432 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SULLI1432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Widow - Perfect Height?
    Posted: 16 September 2012 at 11:27
Hi Folks

First time here so please excuse the newbie..
Got some feminized White Widow from seed and my girls are about 50cm at present and getting really bushy!! First time with this strain and I was wondering if anybody could tell me the perfect height to take them to before flowering? A nice balance of strength and yield would be best.. Currently using 600w Sodiums but was going to wack it up to 1200w for flowering adding pk and canna boost..
Any tips please feel free to add them as advice is always appreciated..
All the best and Happy Blazing

J
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 13:48
It depends how big one wants plants at the end of the flowering cycle.

White Widow can be expected to add 100% or more to its vegetated height as it flowers, so 50cm plants are likely to finish at 100-120cm.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 22:54
I understand that the genetics of WL seeds will produce plants of a certain height. My first super skunk feminized grew under 600 watt HPS from breaking ground and grew to between 100 and 120 cm. The 2nd grow was under 125 the 250 CFL for total of 4 weeks  24/7 then placed under 600 HPS for a week on 18/6 then 12/12. The height attained is less, The tallest is 90 cm. The bud development looks equal if not greater than first grow. I obtained about 12 ounces from 4 plants in 1.2 sq metres. I have 3 weeks flowering to go this time and the bud is bulking up well. The lesson i have drawn is that the CFL  cool white light did encourage lateral growth. The plants this time are as wide as high but as they have less height on the central cola it looks like i am getting increased bud because i can bring the light to greater area. I have put a cool tube into the tent and am putting one WW one PH and one SS currently in heated propogator under 125 cfl into flower tent after upping CFL to 250 and am trying to work out whether the PH will outgrow the WW any tips will be appreciated. My fear is the PH will outgrow the WW
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 09:51
Originally posted by obsessive

I understand that the genetics of WL seeds will produce plants of a certain height. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this, unless you're talking about the auto-flwoering strains from White Label.

Photosensitive strains don't have a predetermined size and can produce large variations in height.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 19:39
i am worried that the Purple haze will if grown in the same tent as the white widow and subject to the same light regime as the white widow outgrow and blaok light on the white widow bud, Will I have to top the purple haze?
 Post Reply Post Reply