growing purple haze indoors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing purple haze indoors
    Posted: 10 September 2012 at 22:26
i am awaiting delivery of my next batch of seeds, super skunk, white widow and purple haze.
all feminized. My grow room consists of two tents, one for germination and the other for flowering. The germination tent is small, i use one or two 125 watt cfls. The second tent is
1.8 metres high. It is 1.2 by 0.80 metres width by depth. I have used it successfully for the superskunk feminised. 4 plants at a time. I am now planning for the purple haze. I presently use a 600 watt HPS uncooled. I am concerned about height and temperature issues , the SS being mainly indica has been ideal for the grow space and temperature has never exceeded 88 degrees Farenheight.  Will i need to top the purple haze and will i have to introduce a cooled light housing. Any experience will be gratefully received. I was also thinking of adding an additional extractor to pull in cool air from outside the grow room. It will be harvested in January. I was wondering whether sucking in cold air at that time of the year would risk shock unless it is inside the light housing. At present i have relied upon only one 125 watt extractor sucking air out of the tent.
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 22:47
adding an inline fan and a reflector to your light will do 90% work needed to lower your temperature. while directly pulling 0C air into the grow room would definently cause issues - using the ouside air for your light is not a bad thing - just make sure you've got something to keep shit from getting suckedinto your light (plastic bags, fuck ive got a story about that) and that your ducting is sealed.

i've used SEVERAL varieties of reflectors. hand's down this one has been my favorite for every application.

http://www.amazon.com/Blazer-6in-Air-Cooled-Reflector/dp/B00578OJA2

it's well sealed, has a durable design, the wire catches for the hinges really come in handy and the uniformity of light distribution IMO is unparalleled. best of all, its nowhere near the most expensive reflector on the market.

lastly, i use a 100$ fan pushing ~200 cfm. keeps my 600 watt hps perfectly cool, i can touch the glass and its nearly cold too the touch when it's been running all day.

you could also purchase one of those "blankets." its a thermal blanket, essentially, that you place over your reflector. in practical application in will lower the temp of your grow room another 1-3 degrees F
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 22:58
thank you Petrol
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 23:11
ha! interesting that the price jumped from 109.98 to 148.95 in the last 15 min since i pulled up the page. fucking grow equipment
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 23:14
well thats bloody life isnt it. I will also pop into ,my local grow shop as i need to consider the size  that the housing will take up in the tent
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 23:17
word, i can give you a general idea as i have a sheet of paper and one of those reflectors three ft from me lol <9inches tall, 24in long and <21inch wide. that includes the actual ducting bit
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 14:35
Hey,

Have you tried running the tent now, with nothing in there?

it's only gonna get colder from here on in.

As petrol said, a air cooled hood would help. or beef up your current extraction.
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 21:13
i have put a cool tube in the tent I have some of the fem superskunk in there at present. I have noticed that i have a constant on light temp of 82 degrees and humidity at mid to high 40's . i Have decided not to suck air into tent. I have left the tube open at one end with the rhino filter outside the tent. I recently received some PH WW and SS seeds and have germinated one of each in the other tent under 125 CFL . Looking forward to next 3 weeks passing. (wishing my life away lol so that i can pull the present crop out and make way for the 3 lil babies. Interesting observation on the present crop that spent first 3 weeks under 125 then 250cfl. The crop looks the same as before but plants are 20-30 cms shorter than when put under 600HPS from breaking ground. Hi Mellow 
 Post Reply Post Reply