Petrol's Stench

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 19:50
noticed a bit of what i figured was a phos. def at the bottom set of leaves - added a hint of a 9-59-6 fert and suddenly she explodes.

Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 19:55
i'd say ill start counting flowering about 4-6 days after 12/12
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 21:32
day 13, 12/12 with t5's for a better look

PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 21:43
Day 17 since 12/12

I'm rather bothered by this leaf discoloration appearing on the top half of the plant. There seems to be a bit of nut burn judging by the tips of the leaves, however the discoloration is also characterized by purple inner veins on the leaf as well as a pastel, washed out green color. I have some idea but i'm not so sure what's up. what you'd you guys have to say?

PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 21:58
fact is, i haven't even given shit for nutes short of a bit of phosphorus and a bit of bio-grow at less than 20% manu's suggested dose and maybe 1 per wk it's been anyhting but RO water. i have a feeling i might be looking at a potassium deficiency? which might make since given that the plant may have gone through its avilable potassium using the phos. i through it....

ideas?
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2012 at 18:43
day 24.

Somethin's up, i'm thinking magnesium. I'll have to go run and grab some epsolm salts but other than that buds are a buildin'
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 04:34
nice pics dude, and nice buds swelling. :-)

maybe you're right about mag deficency - if your enviromental conditions are good, but knowing your precision i think they are. :-)
some leaves almost look as if they need N some other as if they're showing nute burn...
in any case i don't think it is a serious issue.

good luck,
best,
al.
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 19:13
yah im seeing the same thing, conflicting signs of deficiency and over fertilization. simply because of my use of organics, an RO machine, and that i haven't actually given all that many nutes yet - i'm thinking deficiency of an element that manifests similar to N-burn on the tips and n-def in colorloss. i also noticed red stems - so yah im thinking magnesium.

added a mild dose of meta-k and microblast or whatever its called by earthjuice. should resolve any of the potassium def i noticed and also any micro-def aswell. ~16 hours after the feeding she's without a doubt continued to swell but no real noticeable change in the leaf color or tip curling.
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 17:28
so check this shit out.

there's a plant in the corner of my grow room, a cutting of the bush i've got flowering - so genetically identical. It's about a week behind the bush in flowering, and i haven't mentioned her before because she was just something i threw in there and and dont really give a fuck about - honestly i've forgotten about for the most part.

i've given her water only, EXCEPT in the case of when i gave the big bush meta k and some micro notes - this little one got that too.

the exceptional difference between the two is that this little one shows NONE of the signs of colorloss that the bush shows. there are a few signs of other things going on - but the color and tips of the leaves are superb.

the massive bush is in Fox farms soil. the little one is in pro-mix.    

ive had this issue of loosing color in my leaves during flowering for nearly EVERY cycle i can remember. except with this one plant, the first that i haven't planted in fox farm soil....the one that has been neglected to all hell.

ain't that some shit.

interestingly, the buds on the bush are much healthier looking than the smaller plant - infact the smaller plant which seems healthier based on the color of the leaves, is decidedly retarded in bud swell and and time of onset.
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 18:26
ok now i need a pic of the 2 plants!

insteresting indeed. it must be that promix provides a better micronutrients spectrum for that particular plant than fox farms. that would explain the difference. what's inside the two?
i think each strain, each pheno, each plant has different needs.
does anyone changes soil depending on the strain?

PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 18:37
you definently have some great ideas, but let me insert another variable - remember i said i've had issues with the color loss in nearly every cycle. well that also includes 4 different strains.

however.

if memory serves all 4 strains between all the 5+ cycles that i've had this issue, were predominantly afgani in genetics.
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 17:33
i'm thinking i'm going to run an experiment with 3 plants this next time, all with fox farms soil, but i'm going to virtually leave out biogrow from my formula. i think there may just be way too much nitrogen in there, and because i've been so afraid to burn it anymore than it already seems burnt, i've been neglecting other elements needed like potassium and phosphorous.

so while i may add 1 ml of biorgrow per 4 liters if needed, for the most part im leaving it out. well see what happens. of course i still expect to need a higher dose toward the end of flowering
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 05:00
i really quite love the way the white rhino's natural growth structure. she's gorgeous. that being said, i've got a long way to go to get her perfect. looks like a zinc/potassium issue evolved - i think out of laziness. i've been so reluctant to give nutes this cycle for some reason.

Day 30

sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:25
beautiful!
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 18:33
haven't had much time to post pictures lately, i apologize.    these are pictures of day 47 of 12/12. she's asking to be harvested, i swear it, but i thought i'd see what you guys think. fact is, 47 days, white rhino, c02 with killer climate - it's probably about right on so i'll probably flush till tuesday and cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>