Initiation's Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hellrazor View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hellrazor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Initiation's Questions
    Posted: 28 August 2012 at 03:50
Hi everyone. I'm an Iberian marijuana lover. I'm new in this community but I've been read allot of useful information around here. I've never grow anything before, though.
Although, I would like to ask several things.

Okay. Here we go... I'm thinking to purchase five feminized white widow seeds and grow them indoor, of course. Although, I've some unanswered questions in my mind.

1 - How long, normally, it takes to the harvest session?
2 - What kind of products you all suggest to fed them nicely?
3 - What's the ideal temperature for this kind of strain?
4 - Does this strain has a high height structure in his genes?
5 - Supposing a plant with around seventy inches (177,8cm) how much weight of pot would they give?

I don't know if I'm in the right section to post this topic. If not I would like to apologize the moderators and ask them nicely to redirect me to the right one.

Many thanks.
Hellrazor
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 15:49
1) Three months is a good overall estimate for a grow. With experience, or certain growing techniques, this can be brought down to a little over 2 months.

2) Plant food! Most commercial fertilisers are fine. Food for tomato plants is suitable for cannabis. Cannabis nutrients (and tomato nutes) usually come in a growing formula and a flowering formula. Follow the manufacturer's instructions and never give more than the recommended dosage. It's usually better to give plants too little food than too much.

3) 21-23C is the ideal indoor temperature for all cannabis. Temps over 28C and under 10C will start to slow growth. Temps above or below this range can seriously damage plants.

4) White Widow has some Sativa in its background, so will gain more height than a standard Indica, but nowhere near as much as a Sativa. Assume a plant will add 100-150% to its vegetated height during flowering.  When growing from seeds, flowering plants too early (before about 2 moths' veg growth) can cause them to jump in height much more than expected during the first weeks of flowering.

5) Anything from a huge amount almost nothing!
(so much depends on the grower, their experience and the plants' environment that it's impossible give estimates)

The old per-plant yield figure for a large White Widow was up to 150g from a plant somewhat smaller than 70in/175cm. It is very unlikely that a first time grower would achieve this figure.

Also, 175cm is not really a practical size for indoor growing, especially as a beginner. Plants this big would need very powerful lighting and a lot of space. A final size of around 100-120cm is a better target.

A first time grower who achieved 30-50g per 100cm plant would be doing very well indeed, IMHO.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Hellrazor View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hellrazor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 03:18
Thanks for the tips Ganja.
Appreciated.

EDIT: Do you think a closet (1m x 1m x 2m) with reflecting walls allied with a refrigerated HPS 600Watts its too much for the plants to handle? Should I use 400 Watts instead?
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 13:16
a 600w HPS is bright enough for 2 square metres of floor space.

It might generate too much too much heat for 2 cubic metres, but if it's air-cooled, then overheating can be avoided.

However, it's still producing more light than is needed for 1m2 floor-space, so using a 400w HPS is more efficient (and will require less cooling).

If plants get particularly big during flowering, the 400w could be swapped back to 600w for the second half of flowering.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Hellrazor View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hellrazor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:42
Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply