Jack Flash #5, Feminized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 19:16
Hey man, great harvest the plants looked great, I probably would have left them a bit longer, at least one of them anyway, just to see! Guessing the weight is a bit like the how long is a piece of string question! Anyway my guess is 12oz! :-D
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
RiffsAndSpliffs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 06:55
I agree, leaving them to live for another week or so would not have hurt. Thanks for stopping by! %3coving%20it
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 13:26
I have 2 Jacks at the end of flower at the moment, they look like nice plants, so I can't wait to harvest them.

I would agree with Alecky and say you brought your plants down to early, and don't take this the wrong way, but ,IMO, you could do with adjusting your feed levels for next time.

oh and about the flush or plain water feed depending on how you finish. Depends on how over feed the plant is, or how well the plant is feeding. Some plants are fine with 4 days, some may need 2 weeks. If you have flushed for a week and your plant is dying, then chop it. Also the yellowing of the leafs is getting the nitrogen out, but from what I've read its the flower food not veg that makes the buds taste bad(it's either potassium or phosphorous, think it's phosphorous?).

My second run my plants were over fed, one got 11 days plain water to run off every day, one got 7 days and the last 2 got a decrease in food till they yellowed but no flush. The 11 day one never yellowed and tasted great, the 7 dayer yellowed and tasted a little of nutes, of the other 2 one was ok the other tasted funny. But now I just give them 6 days and it seems to fit with my feed schedule?

Enjoy your smoke :).
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 04:29
Congrats on getting to harvest Riffs. :)
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2013 at 23:10
Hello everybody! I'm back with round 2 of the Jack Flash #5. This time I have 4 girls in the tent instead of 2, and they were vegged inside the tent for a month before being flowered.

I've made some slight improvements. I'm now running a different nutrient line, called "Nectar of the Gods". It's made by Oregon's Only Organics, and it's being regarded as an "advanced nutrients line for organics". With a more comprehensive nutrient line than the Roots Organics brand, and seems to address macro-nutrients more efficiently. Everything is pH balanced according to the feeding chart before it's fed to the plants.

I'm also using a different soilless mix, called Tupur, which is made by Royal Gold, in place of the Roots Organics 707 mix. They incorporate Azomite into the Tupur mix, so there's that added benefit. I'm mixing in a greater portion of Ancient Forest (humus), and I've added some Dr. Earth Bone Meal, and a local mushroom farm has agreed to give me their spent mushroom substrate (which has been sterilized and is ready when I pick it  up!), which I've added into the soil as well. I'm still adding at least an inch of coco coir to the top of the soil to act as a mulch, and to keep moisture in the soil.

Today is day 3 of flower. I will post pictures tonight when the lights come on. Cheers! %3c3coving%3c20it
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 07:24
Day 5 of flower. Sorry for the delayed pictures...

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 07:33
Hello Sensi friends!

Today is day 9 of flower, and I've had to re-arrange my girls due to their size. They're growing quite a bit, and I had them vegetating in the tent for a month before going to a 12/12 cycle. While they were vegetating, I had them placed on tables so they were about 14-16" above the floor. Now that they're getting big, I've had to remove the tables and give them the additional head room. I've also lowered the reflector by about 8", and they currently have approximately 16" between the top of the canopy and the reflector. Current temperatures are at 74.

They've been getting an extremely regimented feeding cycle. The Nectar of the Gods line seems to be working beyond my expectations, and I'm glad as it's quite expensive! Every two weeks, I give the girls a proprietary actively aerated compost tea for one day. I can't say that they seem to disagree with any of my decisions so far! I've been keeping the pH between 6.2-6.8.

I've had to pop off some of the interior solar panels and cut most of the lower branches, which are now clones.

Here's a couple different shots of the plants. The first two are before they were taken off the tables, the rest are post-lowering. The last is a size comparison. Enjoy!

billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 16:16
looking good:) getting to the nice part of growing weed the flower cycle :) good luck
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 09:04
Hi!
Today is the start of week 3 for these Jack Flash #5 plants. Everything looks really good! The plants started to display budding today, and the leaves are all reaching for the light.

Right now, I've been running the pH around 6.3-6.5. Temperatures are around 72-75 (22-24 C). At "night", the temperatures average around 61-64 (16-18 C).

Also, in pot legalization news, it looks like Olympia (our state capitol) is considering taxing medical marijuana for patients, now that I-502 is law.

Enjoy the pictures.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 15:33
Nice garden Riffs lookin really nice and healthy.
Good luck through to a bountiful harvest.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 18:28
Originally posted by 1966

Nice garden Riffs lookin really nice and healthy.
Good luck through to a bountiful harvest.
Have a good day.

Originally posted by billy bong

looking good:) getting to the nice part of growing weed the flower cycle :) good luck

Thanks for the words of encouragement! %3cig%3c

These plants have been in the flower cycle for a little over three weeks now, and the bud sites are really starting to pop! I'll be posting more pictures on Thursday when they reach week 4.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 06:46
Today is day 1 of week 4. The canopy is uneven, but the plants are happy. I've been maintaining the under-canopy and trimming things as needed, due to space constraints.

The plants got a flush yesterday, and they'll be back on their week 4 feed cycle tomorrow.

The buds have really popped and they're starting to stack up real nice. Nodal distance has shortened significantly. I haven't seen any signs of unhappiness. There's no bugs.

Temperatures have been between 62-75, and the pH has been between 6.2-6.8.

Enjoy the pictures.

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2013 at 21:12
Great looking plants riffs, are these clones of the first lot or new seed plants? And I've been meaning to ask u for a while, what's the cucumber looking thing in one of the pics on the previous page? And last question, :-) what's the smoke like? Keep up the good work man!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 17:28
Hey Alecky!

These plants all came from clone; the last batch came from seed. I chose the shorter mother plant to clone from, as I only have 7 feet to grow with.

The cucumber looking thing in the one picture is actually a "pickle." There's an old tradition with 'hiding' a pickle ornament on a Christmas tree, and a reward for the first person to find it. The history regarding the tradition is anything but clear, as it seems Americans think that the tradition is German. It was most likely due to Woolworth's importing blown glass objects from France during the late 1890's into the 1900's, and American consumers buying them. Regardless of the tradition, I hung the pickle because those were my 'Christmas Trees' when I took the picture. I don't celebrate Christmas, so I thought it would be ironic and funny.

The smoke is great, although I must say that I harvested the plants at least a week early. This is an 8-10 week plant, and if your conditions aren't optimal, you'd be better off harvesting around the 10 week mark. I definitely don't get super stoned off this cultivar, as its mostly Sativa, but the resin production was laudable.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 05:52
A quick update for Week 5.

The resin is really starting to coat on, and the buds are starting to bulk up.

I've raised the reflector as high as it can go now. Temperatures have been maintained between 60-75. The foliage is getting to be too dense in some places, which causes the plants to leach the nutrients out of those areas. You have to maintain your foliage indoors in tight spaces with this plant, because there are a TON of leaves! Make sure you 'lollipop' your branches. In flower, I've had to do bulk foliage maintenance on these 4 plants at least once a week.

Hope all is well in the other parts of the world! Enjoy the pictures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>