Jack Flash #5, Feminized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RiffsAndSpliffs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack Flash #5, Feminized
    Posted: 14 August 2012 at 17:23
Hello all!

After introducing myself, and asking for advice here on the forum, I've decided to go with the Jack Flash #5 (feminized) cultivar. Although mostly Sativa, I preferred the tolerance of warm climates and the potential of its heavy yield due to reliable genetics. The Northern Lights #5 genes will assist with the production, no doubt. I suspect the "unique father" used on this cultivar may have been Black Domina?

I acquired a 5-pack, and 4 out of 5 germinated. One of the seedlings had a slow start due to some cotyledon damage coming out of the shell. They are in a proprietary soil blend, being fed clean water, and the Roots Organics master 5ml program.

I am a medical cannabis patient in staunch compliance with RCW 69.51a.

Stay tuned for updates as they occur!

Jug Head View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Jug Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 13:25
Cool! Welcome and happy growing!

Jugs
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson -
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 15:24
looking good, chair pulled :)
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 10:31
They look nice RiffsandSpliffs. Happy growing. 
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 07:29
Well, it appears that there are 2 Indica phenotypes and 1 Sativa phenotype so far that are identifiable. The other seedling looks like it is showing Indica dominance. I'm very happy to have both a Sativa and Indica phenotype of this cultivar! %3clap

I will post more pictures in a few days.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 19:53
Here's those pictures I referenced.

I have a shot of an Indica-dominant phenotype, the Sativa-dominant phenotype, both side-by-side (with my Black Domina mother visible for reference), and a picture of the seedling that got off to a bad start.

Today is day 12 from seed.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 03:49
I don't know if you can really determine phenotype from such young plants. As a hybrid JF#5 can grow either wide or narrow bladed leaves and the first few leaves can be deceptive.

They do look nice and healthy.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 14:59
what light have u got them under?
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 17:21
Originally posted by obsessive

what light have u got them under?

As seedlings, they are under a Sunblaze T5 system. They then get moved into a tent and are grown under MH (Hortilux Blue) for a week, then flipped to HPS (Hortilux Super HPS) for the remainder of the life cycle.

Clones come courtesy of a mother plant under the T5 system. I have a home-made clone machine. It's a 5-gallon bucket with a lid that has 2" holes drilled through the top. That's where you put your net baskets. I have a submersible pump that is connected to a series of PVC pipe and spraying nozzles. For under $50, it's the best cloning machine I've owned, even over the extremely expensive ones.
Jug Head View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Jug Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 22:40
Nice!
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson -
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 04:56
Hey guys!

Just a quick picture update. The little girls are doing quite well. They're showing slight signs of heat stress with the curled leaf fringes, so I started feeding them silica. Hopefully everything works out!

Today is day 19 from transplant. They are still in 1-gallon pots. They get a light feeding of Roots Organics (per weekly schedule) and filtered water.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 11:40
Have you thought about topping the two tall ones, so the little ones can catch up?

Looking good by the way :)
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 15:53
Originally posted by mellow

Have you thought about topping the two tall ones, so the little ones can catch up?

Looking good by the way :)

I think I may just top one of the girls, since that smaller girl in the back is being donated to a patient friend of mine. The other three are keepers. The two in the front will probably be left alone, the third good seedling has a strong chance of becoming a mother (and would therefore be topped).
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 22:28
I topped two of the girls yesterday, so now all three of the bigger females have a similar profile. They are all within two inches (5cm) of each other, but the girl that hasn't been topped may have to be in the near future. I have a limited amount of vertical space, so they all may just get topped continuously, and transplanted into their 10gal. smart pots. They are right at the point of needing a transplant...

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 18:48
I transplanted two of the girls (which have been topped) into 10-gallon Smart Pots yesterday. I am going to clone the one girl that went crazy with topping due to the cotyledon damage. The fourth was donated to a patient friend of mine.

I will post pictures tomorrow. They are doing quite beautiful! %3coving%20it

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>