Jack Flash #5, Feminized

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RiffsAndSpliffs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 00:38
I've a question:

The leaf fringes are standing up on most of the leaves, of course nothing on the bottom canopy. I've been feeding my plants some silica supplement, which seems to do some good. The temperature when the lights are on (during flower cycle) is usually 70-75F (21-24C), and when the lights are off, the temps reach 60F (16C). There is about a foot between my canopy and my air-cooled reflector. I also have two 6" clip fans blowing above the canopy. There's no real "heat" problem (that I'm aware of)...

Could it be that my hood (6" Magnum XXXL) is too close to the canopy?
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 11:49
very nice work mate you cant beat a bush or two can be as good
as a tent full of single headers if grown right, well done
your going to have a nice bit of smoke on your hands
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 18:35
Originally posted by coverking

very nice work mate you cant beat a bush or two can be as good
as a tent full of single headers if grown right, well done
your going to have a nice bit of smoke on your hands

Thanks for the positive words!

I've been thinking of growing a Sea of Green for my next harvest, as I've got plenty of JF #5 clones to do so; I was only concerned with the final harvest weight.

The last plant I grew in this tent was a single Afghan Kush x Black Domina that dried out to be 7.53 ounces, so I was hoping that by doubling the amount of plants, if grown the same way with the same nutrients and conditions, I could double the weight. Given an extra variable of Jack Flash #5's superior genetics over the last cultivar I grew, I don't think that will be a problem.

So far, I'm happy with the growth. Going into Week 6, these girls are packing on more weight than any other cultivar I've grown. I was expecting to see a little more resin development, but I'm certainly not disappointing with what I have. Trichomes have been showing up on the fan leaves, nearly halfway to the tips. I am hopeful that there will be more resin development in Weeks 7 & 8.
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2012 at 23:03
just remember with more plants in the same area dosent always mean
more bud. as the plants in the given area would have to be smaller
hence a quicker harvest, not a heavy'r one. you could root enough
jack flash clones to fill your space and set them to flower at 6 inches
and still get decent size plants. exactly how big is down to environment
and the grower. its really a combo of pot size about a foot per gallon is good for indoors although plants that have been topped or trained greatly
cut down on watering and plant numbers and can create the same amount
of bud in the same way keeping things shorter and more productive,
possibilities are endless just try a few ways you will soon work out whats for you,,CK
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 06:57
At the start of Week 6, here's a check-in of my Jack Flash #5 plants:

nl5xhaze View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote nl5xhaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 19:40
Congratulations on some truly beautiful plants there and if you're in Washington double congratulations on being able to smoke them free from persecution when the time comes!
I claim no man, woman nor commercial entity has the right to dictate to another what they can and can't grow or consume as consenting adults under their own free will.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 20:14
Originally posted by nl5xhaze

Congratulations on some truly beautiful plants there and if you're in Washington double congratulations on being able to smoke them free from persecution when the time comes!

Thanks for the kind words!
I was free from persecution because I'm a medical marijuana patient (RCW 69.51a). Now that it's legal for adults 21+ to possess an ounce, we shouldn't be getting our doors kicked in anymore.
I'm still a patient. I just renewed my authorization two days ago. I asked my doctor if she'd seen anybody else coming in after the I-502 passage and she said "Not really more authorizations, or less. The demographic has certainly changed. The majority of people who just wanted to get authorizations to 'get high' were weeded out" (pun intended).
She also said that a lot of older couples are coming in now. It seems to be very sentimental for them because she said there's a lot of holding hands and crying behind the scenes. I guess they're the "reefer madness" crowd and are scared they're doing something wrong. That mentality of prohibition is still with them. I'm glad people are pulling the wool away from their eyes that US Prohibition put there.

alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2012 at 15:46
hey man these are really nice plants! beautiful work!
the other day i purchased 5 jack flash... i'll be germing them in march.
thanks a lot also for the very nice report about WA and authorizations. i dug it a lot! :-)
best, al.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 01:05
Here's some bad "night-time" shots. I'll take some more pictures tonight when they are "awake". Today is Week 7, Day 1.

I like that you can actually see the plants yellowing. I figured it was because they were nearing the end of the life cycle, but they started yellowing in Week 5. Some of the leaves are starting to turn pinkish/purplish in some places.

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 06:23
I said yesterday I'd take some pictures when the lights came on. Sorry for not posting those pictures. I got a little tied up with maintaining the foliage under the trellis net.

Here's some bud shots with the lights on, and I do have more. You can see how the calyxes are starting to pile atop each other in this beautiful example of Jack Flash #5. Week 7, Day 2.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:30
Excellent work there, Riifs!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 11:13
Yep, looks bloody lovely!  %3chumbs%20Up
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2012 at 19:52
Hello all! I just wanted to post some "night time" pictures quickly before the holidaze! We are at the beginning of Week 8 for these girls, and they're almost finished. It looks like within the next week or so, they should be ready for harvest - just in time for the new year! %3cmoking

This week, they will be getting a nice organic flush (not just h20!). I hear of people flushing their plants for 2 weeks sometimes, and people wonder why their plants are yellow at harvest?

Check out these Jack Flash #5, vegged for two months, then flowered for in excess of 8 weeks, under only 1000w in a 4ft x 4ft space:

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2012 at 21:04
While some of the final product is still drying, I do have a very loose estimate as to the final harvest weight, if anyone wants to start chiming in with guesses.

All of the tops of these plants produced solid, dry buds that weighed in over 10g in some cases. If I would have kept them alive for another week or two (I harvested on day 60), they might have produced a little more weight, but definitely more resin!

I will post pictures tomorrow, and again after the final weigh-in.

I also have 4 clones that are getting transplanted today from these mothers, so I'm going to continue this journal until my clones have flowered.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 18:07
Awesome! This thread received over 500 hits since my harvest, yet nobody wanted to chime in with a guess as to how much I harvested?

Here's your picture. I grew 12+ ounces out of two Jack Flash #5 plants. I ran all my trim material and made 8g of BHO.

I have 4 more Jack Flash #5 clones vegging right now, so please stay tuned to see how well I can grow 4 of these plants instead of 2. If my grows keep getting better, as they have, I should harvest well over a pound on this next harvest.

Enjoy the picture. I'm open to questions, comments and complaints.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>