Latest News on RC’s Overgrow bust...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mriko View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mriko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest News on RC’s Overgrow bust...
    Posted: 04 February 2006 at 10:08
OG and CW servers seized by police !
Read more at :

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4638.html
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20498&page=1&pp=15

Irie !
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 11:03
On Monday evening, resident of Montreal Richard Calrisian, the owner of the four websites, was contacted by his web service providers in Vancouver where his servers were situated. They told him that there may be a problem, regarding a police investigation. RC told his provider to shut down the websites immediately.

Within hours, the police (it's unknown what kind of police) apparently entered the server site in Vancouver with a warrant and apprehended the hardware that housed the four web sites.

In the early morning of Tuesday, police in Montreal moved in and arrested RC, his wife, family members and an unknown number of employees.

It is alleged that RC, a pseudonym, is being held at Riviere-des-Prairie (RDP) jail in Montreal, and his wife in is Tanguay jail, across the river from RDP. Cannabis Culture called the prison and found no one there under the name Richard Calrisian.

The bail hearing should be on Monday, but it is unusual that a bail hearing has not yet been held. Typically they take place within 24 hours of arrest, unless an investigation is ongoing and the accused are being held temporarily without bail. This may be because there is a risk that the arrest news might inform other persons who are also under investigation.

Earlier reports of a drug bust in Hearst, Ontario are not related the seizure of Overgrow.com websites.

Source: CananbisCulture.com
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 12:42

For those who are still trying Overgrow.com.

Eventhough the domain is down, the server, still appears to be running.
Is Uncle Sam Watching you? For safety purposes do NOT visit overgrow andmore!

When we 'pinged' and overgrow.com we got the following;

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\PT>ping www.overgrow.com

Pinging overgrow.com [65.39.170.187] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 65.39.170.187: bytes=32 time=92ms TTL=54
Reply from 65.39.170.187: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=54
Reply from 65.39.170.187: bytes=32 time=92ms TTL=54
Reply from 65.39.170.187: bytes=32 time=93ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 65.39.170.187:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 91ms, Maximum = 93ms, Average = 92ms

stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 20:16

Cheers seeroseero

Wondered what had happened. Understand they have a new government over in Canada, what are they doing?

This all sounds ominous while Mr Bush is out there.

Don't let the New World Order happen.

I soar like a bird in the wind , though I glide as I'm flying through Heaven.
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 00:47

To See and all other ADMIN people here,

Please read the following post from a user called 'UnknownGrower' who has his own dope forum and passed this message onto Gypsy at  ICMag:

So, OG's Gone...Think you're safe?
By rick at Sun, 2006-02-05 18:41

Better Think again!

Nearly all of the major Marijuana Cultivation websites on the Internet run a bulletin board software by the name of vBulletin. This is not an open source project, however, the source code is available and easily modified to suit any developers needs. Through the years, website owners have believed that they have been safe by not logging IP address with users posts. This is an option in the administration section of the vBulletin software; Dont log IP, Log IP, Log for only admin".

The typical setup is to completey shutoff, or "Dont Log IP". However, this severely missleading! Please take note and re-read this if you need to! vBulletin stores your registering IP Address as well as the exact time of that registration. This info is stored automatically and is typicaly not known to the developer. With these two pieces of information it would be possible to uniquely identify anyone who was not using additional security precautions such as a proxy server.

How does this relate to the recent news of OG? Well, assuming that RC did not know about this, just as I did not know about this until early this morning during an additional security audit of HempCultivation.Com, it could mean that potentially comprimising information was obtained, plain and simple. This "feature" is used on every version of vB that I have tested and ran myself. I imagine it was in the original versions and always carried along. Not sure why...But be aware.

What we need to know is if RC had manually disabled this...I dont know.

Now, this is directly to Gypsy of ICMAG.Com. IF YOU KNOW GYPSY, PLEASE BE CERTAIN THAT HE SEE'S THIS!~

Gypsy, please do not take this as an attack. I tried to post this directly to you but it appears that my posting priviledges at ICMag have been removed or there is some other problem. This is the best way for me to reach you.

Your vBulletin installation is probably vulnerable to the ip information stored above. You have a great deal of the OG refugees on your site, and that's great that they have come together, however, these folks have already been jeopordized once to at least some degree. I am going to post some directions for you to follow to eliminate all IP addresses stored in your database as well as eliminate the future storage of this information by the database. This is something that we need to do immediately for the sake of the users.

First, you will need to edit the file registration.php - look for the line:

'$userdata->set('ipaddress', IPADDRESS);'
Replace that line with this:
$userdata->set('ipaddress','');

This will prevent new users registering from having their ip address stored in the db.

Next you are going to want to access you mySQL db and issue the following command:

UPDATE user SET ipaddress='';

This will empty out all ip adresses that have been stored from user registrations.

If you dont know how to do any of this or if you would simply like assistance I'd be happy to help you. The most important this is that this be done immediately.

Other cultivation websites should also pay attention to the "feature" of discussion boards and you may wish to manually disable it yourself.

~r

this issue was addressed by Gypsy and the webmaster here a while back
whether RC had this turned off or on I don't know
but rest assured we have it turned off and only when you are logged on is your IP stored
within a minute or two of you logging off its gone.

Hope this helps to make this forum a safer place for its' users.

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2006 at 11:19

Hi 20'Thai,

First of all we're not really using the same vBoard.

As you might have noticed I moved all the posts regarding Overgrow. I also posted some more information about the safety of our forum visitors/ servers.

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1097&PN=1

For newcomers, OverGrow.com and CannabisWorld.com Refugees, Let us know what you think of the DEA bust and/ or share stories.

Be Aware, Not Paranoid!

Edited by seeroseero
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 14:03

RC has been released

I've heard from our contact that RC has been released
I should have a statement for you soon but I can confirm for now that the servers
were turned off by RC so theres no IP log's
recent report's on Cannabis Culture that RC had fled are totally wrong

The DEA is not involved, only the RCMP. The charges relate to RC's seed business alone and the servers regarding CW/OG are thus far not siezed.

it has been further confirmed by two other people that know RC and are OG members that
they have spoken to him, I'm waiting for info to post that will hopefully clear up this matter

but for now I think we need to kill the speculation as it helps no one

To clarify the charges. "Seeds" are considered part of the marijuana plant under Canadian law (Schedule II of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act)

If you get caught importing or exporting either the buds themselves or significant quantities of seeds, it's considered importing / exporting marijuana, which is exactly what RC has been charged with."

as far as we know and from what RC has said the OG and CW servers havn't been touched
and this has mostly been confirmed by various sources during the week inc myself
who have been monitoring the servers and checking them frequently
as far as we can see the servers are still where they were just turned off and RC confirmed he did this before the bust

Source:ICMag - user:OldPink

20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2006 at 14:11

And this from someone who is supposedly a close friend of RC's:

From Mongoose

Quote:

I have just talked to RC - Servers are OK, RC is not...
I have just talked on the phone with RC. I know RC, so lets not have any 'was it really him' type responses.

RC shut down the services on the servers - at this point in time the servers have NOT been seized. It appears that OG and CW info is safe and intact - woo hoo!

RC was arrested, and charged concerning the import/export of cannabis seeds - no other charges at this time.

RC has been home for a bit, but is prohibited from using the internet.

RC approved me posting this.

Finally, RC will be issuing a statement through a third party as soon as he has the chance, letting the community know what the situation is.

Could everyone now stop all the hand-wringing, and pull together.

Our thoughts are with you RC - we all wish you the best of luck, and want you to know the community will be here for you.

Mongoose

A big thank you Goes out to POM for calling me , i can verify this info is solid .

stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2006 at 17:33
Had to do some research myself on this one. Found an interesting post at THC Ministry Amsterdam on one of their forum's. http://www.thc-ministry.net/forum/v...p?p=41101#41101 .Again from Mongoose.
Personnaly I remain sceptical on all of this until any facts can be established and are valid.
Good luck to you all!!
stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2006 at 17:40
Sorry that won't work but look up THC Ministry Amsterdam and take a look at the forum on this, it's worth looking at.
lennynero View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote lennynero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2006 at 01:34

hey all,....these are the same tactics that the so-called 'republicans' in the usa have been using for years here. The Canadian government isnt doing this on their own, ya know. It's not a new idea here to make information illegal.

Back in the 90's I was an original member of a very popular website,which was eventually seized by the US DEA and THEN the website was 'spoofed' and, my god, did they rack up. That website was the hive.

Of course, the website was in the usa, which means the dirty trick bag fully used.

Unfortunately, Canada seems to have trouble resisting the pressure tactics King George and his gang use to pressure and intimidate.

My point with all of this is to expect more, much more, of the same.

They can seize your library records here, without probable cause or a warrant.

....and if they can do that, then the sky is the limit, because they've essentially outlawed information.

;]
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2006 at 09:52

Here's a video NEWS clip of the event:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060228/rcmp_drugring_060228/20060228?hub=Canada

Press the video clip button on the right hand side under the boxed colum.

http://www.recorder.ca/cp/National/060228/n022881A.html

RCMP breaks up drug ring that allegedly used Internet to sell marijuana seeds
PETER RAKOBOWCHUK

MONTREAL (CP) - The RCMP seized 200,000 cannabis seeds and arrested seven people who allegedly operated a cyberspace drug ring that sold, imported and exported marijuana seeds on the Internet.

The RCMP said Tuesday it's the first time they've targeted marijuana seeds and their sale on the Internet. The international company, Heaven's Stairway, set up six web sites where cannabis seeds could be ordered online, the RCMP told a news conference.

Sgt. Maj. Andre Potvin said the orders were picked up in Montreal area post office boxes and then processed.

The company processed approximately 30 orders of cannabis seeds a day, averaging $100 each, Potvin said.

"The investigation confirmed that Heaven's Stairway operated in Quebec, Canada, North America, the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the world from at least 1997 to January 31, 2006," Potvin said.

Nine searches were carried out in the last week of January to gather evidence in Montreal and Laval, north of the city.

Potvin said the cannabis seeds were seized along with more than $183,000 US and three one-kilogram gold bricks.

The RCMP said the amount of seeds seized during the searches could have made it possible to operate about 500 cannabis greenhouses of 400 plants each.

Potvin said that would represent 42 million joints sold on the street.

"If we make an analysis of the Canadian population of about 30 million, I don't think every Canadian would consume 1.5 joints every day," he added.

He said the cannabis seeds are believed to be from suppliers in Australia, New Zealand, and Europe.

A seizure of seeds was recently made in Vancouver.

The alleged head of the company is Richard Hratch Baghdadlian, a 38-year-old Montreal man.

His wife Natalia Baghdadlian, 40, is also among the six accused who worked for the company and allegedly acted as couriers.

They all face a total of 49 charges, including possession of cannabis seeds for the purpose of trafficking, and if convicted could be imprisoned for 10 years.

Potvin also said not all cannabis seeds are illegal, but that wasn't the case with the thousands which were seized.

"Some cannabis seeds are non-viable, which means they will not produce a level of THC, the reactive substance in marijuana plants.

"If it's below I think something like 1.5 per cent, basically it's not considered a viable seed. Obviously that would not be considered a criminal infraction in Canada," he said.

Potvin said there are growing operations in Quebec where it's legal to grow marijuana plants for hemp clothing "and other artifacts."

Marijuana activist Marc-Boris Saint-Maurice attended the news conference where the details of the seizure were released.

He said since the web site has been closed down the whole international cannabis community has been "up in arms."

"There is the impression that seeds are legal in Canada and this case is unprecedented," Saint-Maurice said.

"The upcoming court case is going to be important to try to figure out the actual status of seeds."

The investigation, called Project Courriel (which means e-mail in French) was launched in November 2004 by the Marijuana Grow Operations Enforcement Team, a special RCMP investigative team.

© The Canadian Press, 2006

200,000 plants...small sentence, perhaps even none.

20 to 200 plants...years of sentence

This has happened to someone so close to me that it isn't funny.  And over time I've seen it happen to others many times over.  Judges hate petty crims.  If they see you strut your stuff 'bigTime', they respect you.  It's the smaller commercial growers that need to worry most...strange world.  I do believe that MarcEmery for instance was recently released on Bail.  I bet they wouldn't release a a small to medium scale commercial grower on bail though irrespective what he could afford pay for bail...

...Richard may not be in for a bad a time as most think...it's the smaller seed breeders that supplied him that should be more worried...

banglassie View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote banglassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2006 at 13:59
Bookmark: http://www.mapinc.org/people/Baghdadlian

'PRINCE OF POT' PONDERS PREDICAMENT

Tuesday's announcement that the RCMP busted an Internet cannabis seed
selling operation in Montreal has Vancouver's 'Prince of Pot'
contemplating charges laid against him for the same crime.

Marijuana activist Marc Emery is facing life in prison, but he
suggested Montreal ringleader Richard Baghdadlian might get two years.

The difference? Emery is fighting extradition to the United States,
while Baghdadlian is being charged in Canada.

The RCMP accuses Baghdadlian of selling seeds in North America and
"elsewhere in the world."

Emery said that although Baghdadlian was likely selling seeds in the
U.S., he is not being charged there because, "There was no political
aspect to it."

RCMP Staff Sgt. John Ward said the Americans had the right to charge
Emery, as he was selling seeds in the U.S.

Emery will appear on CBC's 60 Minutes this Sunday at 7 p.m.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2006 at 11:32

60 MINUTES: THE PRINCE OF POT

March 5, 2006 ( CBS ) His name is Marc Emery and he is called the "Prince of Pot." He claims to have sold more marijuana seeds than anyone in the world and, to date, no one has disputed that claim.  He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, where the culture is rather permissive concerning marijuana.  The Canadian government, for the most part, has left Emery and his business alone. 

But to the U.S., he is one of the most wanted men in the drug world.  As 60 Minutes correspondent Bob Simon reports, officials in the U.S.  government want him extradited to the United States.  They want him in an American prison and they want him badly. 

Emery believes that marijuana is a wonderful, healing drug and that to criminalize it is just plain silly.  To his supporters, he's a hero, the leader of the marijuana legalization movement.  He has even run for mayor of Vancouver, twice. 

But to the U.S.  government, Marc Emery is a drug kingpin who should be prosecuted in the United States for selling drugs to Americans. 

Asked if he has any idea how many of his customers were Americans, Emery says, "Yes, I would think that of the say, 120,000 people I dealt with, I'd say certainly 70,000 would have been Americans."

That's why John McKay, the U.S.  Attorney for the Western District of Washington, wants to bring Emery south, across the border. 

Why are the Americans going after Emery, who is a Canadian citizen, and not the Canadian government?

"Well, very simply, he's a drug dealer," says McKay.  "He's dealing drugs into the United States and violating laws of the United States and we expect to extradite him and try him in the United States."

"Are there other Canadians who sort of are competitive with him in terms of volume?" Simon asked. 

"Today, to our knowledge, Marc Emery is the biggest purveyor of marijuana from Canada into the United States," McKay replied. 

Well, it's not exactly marijuana.  For over a decade, Marc Emery sold marijuana seeds.  Technically, that's illegal in British Columbia, but no one has ever gotten more than a slap on the wrist for doing it. 

Emery's headquarters since 2002, is a store in Vancouver, which also sells marijuana paraphernalia and the magazine Emery publishes, "Cannabis Culture." Inside the magazine is a mail order seed catalogue, but not for gardeners. 

The catalogue, Emery explains, lists 550 different varieties of marijuana seeds. 

"For height, you can get a short plant, a tall plant, a purple plant, a red plant, one that goes indoor, outdoor.  One that's good for almost anything that ails you," he explains.  "That I could have sold to you and it would address your medical needs or whatever your needs are in regards to cannabis."

"Somebody could order any one of these strains and you'd just put it in an envelope?" Simon asked. 

"Yes, very simple because you just need a number 10 business size envelope and away it went in the mail for just 85 cents," Emery replied. 

Emery claims to be the first marijuana seed vendor to sell seeds directly over the Internet.  His Web site, Marc Emery Direct, sold seeds with names like "Chocolate Chunk" and "The Hog," which sold at $275 Canadian ( ca.  $240 U.S.  ) for just 10 seeds, available to anyone in the world with access to a computer. 

Asked how much money he has made in this business over the years, Emery says, "I would say that our sales of seeds over 10 years probably were around $15 million."

The seeds he sold were used to grow a highly prized type of marijuana called British Columbia bud, or "BC Bud." Only the bud of the plant is sold for smoking, making it much more potent -- and expensive -- than it was back in the days when people smoked crushed marijuana leaves and went to Woodstock. 

"It is very powerful.  It has a reputation -- it's almost been marketed, this, marijuana from British Columbia is great pot," McKay said. 

Asked if there is something special about "BC Bud" or whether it is a marketing ploy, Emery said, "They've had a wonderful marketing man in charge of that campaign, yours truly."

He marketed the grass.  He marketed the movement.  He used the money he made selling seeds literally as seed money to finance the campaign to legalize marijuana in Canada and the United States. 

His goal is to make marijuana a controlled substance like alcohol.  Emery only smokes in moderation, he says, but he enjoys blowing it in the face of cops, as a provocation. 

One such smoke-blowing incident got him arrested, but in tolerant Canada, he was only held for 24 hours. 

He also produces and often stars in an online video show, Pot TV.  His strategy, he says, is not to overthrow the government but to overgrow the government, spreading marijuana seeds throughout the world and winning the drug war against the United States. 

"The whole idea was that I would help facilitate the growth of so much marijuana that the DEA and all the agencies of the United States would ever be able to destroy it at the rate I would help create it and that, ultimately, I, one man, would neutralize the work of the entire DEA with their multi-billion dollar budget," Emery said. 

While Emery was busy being the self-proclaimed "Johnny Appleseed of Marijuana," the DEA was busy investigating him. 

Last summer, the Canadian police -- at the request of the U.S.  government -- shut down his seed business and arrested Emery, who is now out on bail. 

Was he surprised that the DEA spent 18 months and a lot of money to get him charged?

"I'm flattered," said Emery. 

Why spend so much time and money investigating a seed seller? Because under U.S.  law, selling seeds is the same as selling marijuana itself.  And selling "BC Bud" makes Emery part of a multi-billion dollar business the United States wants to crush. 

"We have a huge regional, national and international issue here in the growing of marijuana in lower British Columbia," McKay said.  "That's a major problem for us.  His activities are kind of at the leading edge of that marijuana problem.  That's the thing that really concerns us."

Asked if the problem is growing, McKay said: "Absolutely.  And literally."

And it's growing in some of the nicest neighborhoods in Vancouver.  So much marijuana is grown inside homes in Vancouver that there's a special unit in the local police force called "Grow Busters."

They raid homes -- often expensive ones -- that have been turned into indoor marijuana farms, called grow-ops.  The police estimate there could be as many as 20,000 houses like this in British Columbia. 

Each room has plants at different stages of growth.  The Grow Busters cut down the plants and put the grow-ops out of business.  But they grow back as quickly as they're shut down and, since Canadian courts have been soft on marijuana offenses, growers rarely get much jail time, making this a high profit, low risk business. 

DEA special agent Rodney Benson took 60 Minutes up in a helicopter to see some of the ways "BC Bud" is smuggled into the United States. 

Benson pointed out the border, which in this case turned out to be a road.  This road divides the two countries, half of it is in Canada, half in the United States. 

The border stretches 4,000 miles, often through rural areas that are hard to police.  Some drug traffickers just run across the border with hockey bags full of "BC Bud," others have more sophisticated means. 

Marijuana smugglers dug a tunnel that started in a Quonset hut on the Canadian side, went under the road, and ended up in the living room of a house on the other side. 

"Their plan was to have that tunnel turn into a gold mine and push in thousands of pounds of marijuana ( up ) into the country," Benson explained. 

"Well, guess they put a lot of hard work into it," Simon remarked. 

"Yeah, but it didn't pay off at the end of the day.  We were there waiting for them," Benson replied. 

Much of the marijuana crossing the border is smuggled by Asian and motorcycle gangs but the U.S.  government says Marc Emery is responsible for more marijuana in the United States than any known gang. 

Larry Campbell, a Canadian senator who formerly served on the drug squad of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, is well aware of Marc Emery. 

Asked what he thinks of U.S.  officials' stance that Emery is a major drug trafficker, Campbell says laughing, "Well, if he, if they consider that, then they have bigger problems than I can even imagine.  There's simply no way he's a major anything."

"What would the public reaction be here if Marc Emery is extradited to the United States?" Simon asked. 

"I think there'd be outrage," Campbell replied. 

They might be outraged that the long arm of the U.S.  law reached up into Canada to press charges against someone many Canadians consider harmless. 

John McKay says he thinks Emery will be extradited. 

"Do you realize what a political issue it's gonna be in Canada?" Simon asked. 

"We have full respect for the laws of Canada, for the sovereignty of Canada.  We respect their laws and they respect our laws and he's violated our laws," said McKay. 

Actually, the laws aren't all that different, it's the punishment that is.  For Emery, it's the difference between a modest fine or hard time.  He awaits his fate in a simple apartment -- he's never lived the lavish life of a drug dealer, since he claims to have given most of his money to the cause. 

He doesn't face any charges in Canada but, if he's extradited to the United States, he'll face all the charges in his indictment, which include selling and distributing marijuana. 

Is everything in the indictment against him true?

"Everything that I could possibly verify is true," said Emery.  "They have our customers, they have my methods and they have copies of my Web site even in there.  And those are all quite correct."

"He said to us that nothing in the indictment is false.  Everything is true.  He admits that on camera," Simon told McKay. 

"Right, well we expect to prove that with his help to a jury in the United States.  And we expect to send him to prison for it," McKay replied. 

McKay says, if convicted, Emery could face up to life in prison: "He has moved huge amounts of marijuana; the seeds are considered under U.S.  law to be the same as marijuana plants and marijuana itself."

McKay says he doesn't know how much of a punishment Emery would get if convicted for the same crime in Canada, but acknowledges he'd probably get a lot less. 

"Well, no one has ever gone to jail for selling seeds in Canada and only two people in 35 years have even been charged," said Emery.  "The most recent person fined for selling seeds in the year 2000 received a $200 fine."

While Emery, with the help of his supporters, is fighting his extradition to the United States, he says he's resigned to the possibility of prison and even sees a potential benefit, if it brings more attention to the legalization struggle. 

"I am blessed by what the DEA has done," Emery said.  "I'd rather see marijuana legalized than me being saved from a U.S.  jail."

"Your language is pretty much that of a martyr," Simon remarked. 

"The language I like to use is one of a person, a leader who's confident and prepared to accept the punishment that noble purpose will bring about," Emery replied. 

But McKay says he's not interested in Emery's cause. 

"I'm not interested in his political beliefs, so-called political beliefs.  What I'm interested in is the fact that he has distributed drugs in the United States, huge quantities of drugs," he said.  "You know he calls himself the 'Prince of Pot' but he may become the prince of federal prison."

The Canadian courts will decide whether or not to hand Marc Emery over to the Americans.  They've handed over drug dealers before and, with a newly elected conservative government in Canada, Emery fears that's likely to happen.

Official Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/02/60minutes/main1363340.shtml

Crazy Man, Crazy!!

Edited by seeroseero
AmeriSkunk View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote AmeriSkunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 07:20
that sure as hell isn't Mark Emerys website, read project 4:20, I grow and don't agree with that
 Post Reply Post Reply