New Grow.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:47
good show mellow im sure you will rock your tent as usual
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 22:19
Hey,

So I probably should have potted these up the other day, but i finaly got round to it today.

all plants are on about 1.7ish of a&b.

I put them in 3.5ltrs today.

I have them in a room with no ventilation, cause my big tent and baby tent have mites that im trying to eradicate.

so for the mo i have 10 arma and 2 ss under 1 250w CFL, I need to get them under the MH ASAP, but i wont do it with out fresh air.

Not much to see, pics aint the best and taken with lights on.

I also have no clue how long they have been growning, i recon around three weeks?

They are about 6" in height.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 23:55
Looking good Mellow nice and healthy.
Good luck with the shites what are you using to try and eradicate them?
Have you any idea how you got them in the first place?
All the best and have a good evening.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2012 at 00:38
It's from the clones I got.

I noticed white paint and thought that it was strange, it was mites.

I thought i'd got rid of them, but they seemed to come back at the end of flower.

I chopped all my plants tonight, put all the fan leaves in a bag, then took it to the skip, came home, wacked all my clothes in the washer, then had a bath.

I'm using nite nite spidermite, I've been recommend plant vitality, so i'll get some of that soon.
2easy View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 2easy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 09:39
they are looking nice to me%3chumbs%20Up
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 20:12
Everything looks so green and pretty. Good job.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:24
Cheers Mel :),

Yes, I had one little miss hap early on, and now they are thriving.

They are slightly over fed? But it means i don't have to bother with the ph meter from now on.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 17:56
Hey,

So i still have the 12 plants under the 250 cfl and in 3.5ltr pots.

their lower branches aren't reciving enough light, so I'm gonna pot the into 11's and give them a week under either the mh or hps, before i flip them.

They are about 12", not measured them but thats what they look like.

photo's taken with the light on.

Lahori-Munda View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Lahori-Munda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 18:00
Plants looking very healthy. For how many weeks have u been keeping them in 3 litre pots?
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2012 at 19:08
Hey,

Thank you.

I put them in 3.5ltr pots last sunday, so 1 week :).

I'll be potting them up in the next couple of days.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:18
Looking sweet again Mellow, I'm potting up my last 3 that are in 3.5L pots tonight. Looks like we will be changing over to flower around the same time.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:17
Hey Sarah,

Well I need to move them in to a tent asap. the others a drying in the big tent, and i need to go over that with sider mite again, once i've trimmed them.

The plants closest to the camera aren't growing lower branches at all, cause they aint getting enough light. The ones at the back seem ok cause they have the wall. But if i keep them as they are, they won't be able to stand as they are now leaning on one another.

On the sidermite front.

I trimmed most of the leaves off the plant, then took the bag to the local skip.

I hung the plants and they have now had 8 days drying with the extraction and ossilating fans on, some are near the others two days? so I'm thinking I'll have them out after 12 days.

A spider mite lives for 2 weeks, the leaves have all dried and shrivelled.

I guess I just want to know what would be the best thing to do? It's best if i could use the tent A.S.A.P, but i can also hold off for a couple of week.

So any advice would be appreciated :)
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:48
I can't really offer you any advice on dealing with mites indoors... I only have a couple of complete indoor grows in the tent and haven't had any pest problems.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 13:20
I think spider mite eggs can persist for longer than 2 weeks. They're harder to kill than the adults.

Consider wiping down and/or spraying the entire interior (and exterior, for that matter) surface of the tent with a serious miticide like tebufenpyrad (sold as Masaii by Bayer). A couple of times, 3 days apart would be a good idea.

Plants put into the tent should be given a spray of neem oil on the first day, and have a few more over the following weeks. The good thing about neem is that its oily nature physically retards the development of mites as well as making the plants inedible to them. Application of neem will help prevent any newly hatched mites from reaching maturity and reproducing.

In my experience, total eradication of mites is almost impossible after the first infection. Even a couple of eggs surviving and the offspring turning into mature adults is enough to reinfest a room within a few months (or even weeks in high temperatures).

The best case scenario is usually to be aware of them and stop them from actually damaging/ruining any flowering crops through regular action.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 16:24
friggin mites.

Cheers for the reply's.

I've got neem oil, was considering buying some industrial strength stuff, but this nite nite spiddermite, is a little strong for home use, I'm sure it's making me chesty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>