early life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 22:53
Hey Obsessive,

My only concern was you first said you planned to give them there, first two weeks under the CFL, then swap them to the HPS, so that's just 2 weeks off 3.5 months.

Your times will work out if you can veg them till the moment they are flipped to 12/12, but honestly it might be more like 9 or 10 weeks.

But i'd still be concerned with weedy plants with the 125, but you never know

IMO, you should get a 250 cfl and grow some monsters, I got back 20+oz from 4 plants under a 250 cfl and a 600hps.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 11:15
Oh, I was meant to say yesterday.

Melvan told me a tip to continual grow.

You can veg the plants under one light, top them, whilst they are rovering from the topping, the clones are rooting, once the roots show through the clones. Put the ones you topped under the hps on 12/12, then veg the clones, rinse and repeat.
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 15:55
thank you everyone
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 16:03
just harvested trial run and germinated 3 of the 4 seedlings so far so i will keep you all informed of what i do. Looks like i will put them under 125 this weekend and possibly add a second 125 two weeks later to get them ready for topping. I am currently drying trial run in open tent in dark room with a fan gently circulating air in from floor outside of tent and small de-humidifyier in room for those humid nights. They will be out in 3 weeks hopefully and the experiment will get under way. Will keep a diary of everything i do. I will be growing in soil and last time used miracle grow but when i looked into the NPK ratio it was something outrageous. I am concerned that i need to get them into a soil mix that will be best for seedlings and cuttings when the time comes and try and keep that constant, any tips for off the shelf pre-mix would be helpful. Particularly from growers with experience in UK
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 18:56
If they are vegging, they shouldn't need a humidifier on at night(unless your in flower?). I think a few plants under a light with a fan and you'll be rockin.

I use a little 7" fan from argos for the first few weeks of veg.
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 13:42
I have a fan in the room to circulate air so that those on the drying line get some gentle air movement. The seedlings are enclosed in their own tent. The de-humidifyier is to lower the humidity during the night to assist the drying process.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2012 at 13:51
arrrh, right,

IMO, I wouldn't be letting an ossilating fan blow on my drying plants. I do have a fan in the room with them, either turned away(opposite) the plants, or underneath.

edit = ok so i think your not doing this :)

I'd also be very careful about using a humidifier to dry your plants, if they are in the tent, then keep on your inline fans, and with each day there will be less moisture as the plants dry out.

Homestrech now, so the last thing you want to do is spoil the plants, in the last few days :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12