What are "Bath Salts"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afreespirit View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote afreespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are "Bath Salts"?
    Posted: 30 June 2012 at 10:21
I just was wondering if anyone knew about this drug, or if it is a drug? ..%3c3confused
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2012 at 11:29
Hi,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_salt
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 01:19
i think he means this OG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_salts_%28drug%29
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 01:33
Oh my mistake then
Thanks SL :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 01:53
afreespirit: I apologize for misleading you.

I took a look around and found this:

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdpv/

Cheers
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote afreespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 06:57
I'm a girl but I guess that is irrelevant%3cig%20smile. I have heard some really terrible things about "bath salts". I almost called Avon and asked if their bath salts were being used for drugs
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote afreespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 07:05
Face-Eating Cannibal Attack May Be Latest in String of 'Bath Salts' Incidents

I think some news media sources are blaming this on marijuana, which is the total ridiculous

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 07:42
That had nothing to do with drugs... it's the zombie apocalypse for sure!
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 09:51
The 'Miami cannibal' has been found to have had no 'bath salts' in his system.

Also, there has been no string of 'balt salts incidents'.

Cannabis was found in his system, but even most of the mainstream media sources are responding to that info with "cannabis is not known to cause violence".
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote afreespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:44
Ganja,
Yep! You are right, I just watched the news footage. I still think media might blame it on marijuana, though. When it is probably a case of psychosis, coupled with a mixture of antipsychotics
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 10:58
There doesn't always have to be a drug-based reason for people to (putting it scientifically)  go nuts.

It's a really powerful trope in the media and society, that anyone who suddenly goes off the rails must have 'taken something', but I'd hazard a guess that external substances play quite a small role. I'd guess that events can send people over the edge more easily than drugs, and that for many people there's not even a particular trigger.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote afreespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 12:00
Perhaps, but I have seen constant negative effects from psychotropic drugs that were given to friends and family. I am completely skeptical about scientist having the ability to monitor the brains neurotransmitters and then for a psychiatrist to come to a conclusion the brain is chemically imbalanced by performing a simple questionnaire. Especially, when our brain is still an enigma to most scientist and neurosurgeon’s, today. Every psychological disorder in the DSM-lll has been broadened to fit any person with behavior problems in in the DSM-lV, in order to benefit the pharmaceutical companies. It is scary and worth looking into. I noticed this before this topic was written about on the internet, because i started to study psychology in the 80's, before changing my mind about going getting my degree in this field.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 13:11
It's the fact that the brain is so complex (and consciousness infinitely more so) that it seems facile to say 'person X exhibited symptoms of mental illness due to substance Y".
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 14:29

From You Will Die, by Robert Arthur
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote afreespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 09:31

To think general physicians and psychiatrists will prescribe anti-psychotic medication’s to people with depression or patients who are trying to recover from a brain injury without evaluating the person extensively, is totally reckless. Pharmaceutical anti-psychotics use to have a history of only being prescribed to individuals that clearly showed signs of schizophrenia. Now physicians prescribe a combination of anti-depressant’s and anti-psychotics, which I think is a cocktail for disaster.

Geez, after watching the documentary on scientology, I am starting to sound like one of those nuts. Sadly scientologists are anti-psychotic and anti-depressant radicals, which I am not. My point on this situation is for doctors to think before prescribing drugs capable of destroying the brain.

Ganja, I agree that alcohol can result in horrendous crimes.

Below are a small number of statistics

"More than 200,000 people in the United States die each year from adverse reactions to prescription medications."
100 Die From Tylenol Overdose Each Year. Marijuana = Zero
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>