best strains for cancer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bussa View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bussa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best strains for cancer
    Posted: 28 June 2012 at 01:39
hi all, hope someone can help me please, i need to know if i can get the seeds that rick simpson used to make his oil. i've been looking but given i need to grow in a tent and have to have feminised as i'm a novice i'm at a loss..... any advice or help would be great. thanks.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:09
I don't think there's specific strain needed to make the oil; I think the main point is that it's very highly concentrated.

A nice hybrid that's easy to grow, produces plenty of THC and CBD would be suitable. If they need to be feminised too, then Super Skunk, Shiva Skunk, Skunk #1 from Sensi all come recommended.

Whether a small tent can produce enough cannabis to make the highly concentrated oil recommended by Rick Simpson is another matter. TBH, I don't think so.

Also, I have to point out that while THC and other cannabinoids are showing some amazing results when applied very specifically (and in high concentration) to certain cancers, cannabis in its natural form and cannabis oil are still a long way from being a certain treament for any form of cancer.

Dr Lester Grinspoon, who has studied the modern medicinal applications of cannabis as much as anyone (and probably more), advises people suffering from cancer to treat claims of miracle cures from cannabis as sceptically as claims about any other substance.

Medical Marijuana: a Note of Caution

Primum non nocere
- “First, do no harm”

by Lester Grinspoon M.D.

There are patients who have a medically sound diagnosis of pre-symptomatic cancer (such as early prostate cancer) but who, for one reason or another, eschew allopathic treatment and desperately seek out other approaches. Such patients are all too eager to believe that a new treatment, such as hemp-oil medicine, has cured their cancer. Unfortunately, this cancer which was asymptomatic at the time of its discovery, will eventually become symptomatic and at that time the possibility of a cure is significantly diminished, if not no longer a conceivable goal.

This lesson was brought home to me when I was asked by the American Cancer Society during a period early in my medical career when I was doing cancer research to participate in an investigation of a man in Texas who claimed that a particular herb that his grandfather discovered would cure cancer. I was able to locate two women who had well documented diagnoses of early (asymptomatic) cervical cancer who had decided not to have surgery but instead went to Texas and took the “medicine”. When I first met them some months after each had taken the “cure” they were certain that they were now cancer free. With much effort, I was able to persuade them to have our surgical unit perform new biopsies, both of which revealed advancement in the pathological process over their initial biopsies. Both were then persuaded to have the surgery they had previously feared, and there is no doubt that this resulted in saving their lives.
http://en.sensiseeds.com/medical-marijuana-a-note-of-caution/

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
afreespirit View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote afreespirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 09:10
Ganja,

Have you ever read this study? A relative told me about it years ago and I didn’t believe him at first, until I looked it up myself. I wish I could convince him to join this forum; he is brilliant at chemistry and physics.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2012 at 11:00
Yes. I've read quite a bit on cannabis and cancer.

Professor Grinspoon's response seems to specifically about the (ingested) cannabis oil Rick Simpson promotes as a possible cure for cancer.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply