California Indica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 02:56
Sorry to hear about the Borg, fingers crossed you can keep them at bay through flowering.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2012 at 12:34
Hey,

Sorry about the mites :(.

I was recommended nite nite from sickle, all my plants have been in the big tent for just under a week, with no signs as yet, I'll let you know if it's wiped them out.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 20:13
Thanks folks! The mites are bastards and ive resigned myself to having to deal with them from here on in. I moved a house plant the other day and 2 newly grown leaves just fell off, i brought it out the back to give it a sea weed watering, and in the sunlight i could see the webbing across the edges of the leaves and mites all over the underside them.

This weekend will be spent spraying every plant in the house.........its gone from me controlling the mites to them controlling me! Hey mellow, im using nite nite spider mite as well, there's not a huge amount of choice in the grow shops here. The best product ive used was Spray Safe from a company called cannadian express, bought it from shop in uk, but delivered it was costing me nearly 20euro a litre and it comes pre mixed, to rich for me!!
When i sprayed all the canna plants the other day i used nearly 4litres of solution.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 23:09
I have a few real chemicals book marked, they are meant to eradicate the mites, but they are 300-400 dollars?

Well I thought I had? don't know where the link is.

I know it's probably too late, but from reading the forums, the best way seems to be to make up a bucket of mite killer, then totally submerge the plants in it.

I'm hoping that my environment is to inhospitable for mites, I had springtales and they left on there own for somewhere better.

P.S. when I got serious about getting rid of them I spayed my plants more than I thought they needed, every two days for 5 times. The leafs are a little tatty from it though. just keeping my fingers crossed, and no more clones for me :).
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 13:36
Just a couple of pics of #1 and #2, 25days in 12/12 when these pics were taken a couple of days ago. They are a bit hungry looking but ive given them a good feed and they look a bit better now than in the pics! Still spraying the plants to keep the mites at bay.

#1 is a stocky plant, didnt stretch much at all.

#2 looks a little different at this stage, stretched a bit in flower.

The other 2 are 14 days in 12/12 and only really starting to flower, pics next update. Ive a few clones of each rooted, a clone of #1 and #2 will be going into flower this week.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:08
Im liking the look of these cali indicas, of the 4 girls i have 2 are short and stocky with really dense buds, #2 being the better one and 2 taller plants, #5 being the better of those, but its all in the smoke so clones have been taken for a second run of them all. At this stage though #5 is the keeper for me, nice resin coverage and a bit more mite resistent than the others. Here she is,pics taken a couple of days ago at day 34 12/12

And #4, the better of the 2 stocky ones

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:17
Looking really nice Al.
Did you do any pruning to any of them?
I really should of pruned my current grow but have heard conflicting opinions on doing so.
Have a good day
Live and let live
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:25
Hi kp, yeah I topped them a few times and trimmed up the lower branches, topping was done in veg and the trimming of lower branches in first week of flower. I can't say I've ever had an adverse reaction to trimming plants while still in veg, what's your concern? I've often nearly cut a plant back by half in the outdoor grows. Take a look at saras thread and the pruning she did to keep a male.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 13:15
Hi Al yeh i've seen Sarahs pruneing of the plant and root ball.
Even the great man Mr Cervantes does not reccomend removeing leaves but i must admit that i have seen so many vids and photos of pruned plants that i do not really have any concerns about.
I know first hand how hardy these plants are with all the abuse i gave my first grow,i actually split the main stem into 4 doing some LST and had to remove one quarter of it and it still produced a very surprising yield.
you have a good day.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 13:16
Hey,

Looking nice as usual Alecky :).

I guess I'm on the fence with trimming too.

in your opinion would you say the trimming gets you a bigger yield or same/less yield with better quality buds?
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 23:06
very nice mate
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 22:19
So lets try this again, mostly mite free!

These are my two keepers,on day 23 of 12/12, originally #4 and #5, now relabelled as 1 and 2. Both are heavy indica plants with a heavy indica, welded to the couch type of stone. I love it! #1 i kept for its flavor, a nice fruity afghan smell and taste. Good yielder too, the buds are rock hard and dense, done around day 50.

#2 i think is more HP/NL leaning, hashy piney taste and much more resin than #1, not as big a yielder, but not much in it. I also took her at day 50 on the first run but i think she could do with a bit more time, ill know for sure soon enough.

sanguenuzoi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 23:02
nice plants alecky ... always good to see such crystalized buds :D
happy to see this diarie ... i was thinking about getting one of those cali indica seed packs myself but ive decided to try first lady before dealing with hash plant mixes ( heard any mix with hash plant makes the results to be extremely strong for an average smoker like myself)... but after buying the seeds i discovered first lady is kind of a hash plant as well lol my unconscious mind drove me to another hash plant XD
when the lion is sleeping... never u try to wake im
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 01:12
Thanks sanguenuzoi, im looking forward to seeing your first lady's,ive a pack in the fridge!

Heres a few pics of #1, day 32 and fattening up nicely!

And #2 also 32days in 12/12

sanguenuzoi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 02:35
those cali indicas are doing great for what ive could see on the photos they really showed up what theyre all about ... that would be producing buds containing so much THC no one is able to smoke a full big joint by himself till the end XD...

i know one single person who claims to have smoked original hash plant ( he got that one on one of many indoor mixes he purchased long time ago)... he stated that after this first one he purchased 2 or 3 packs of hash plants on sensi -seeds( indirectly because sensi doesent send seeds directly to our country) and he claims never to have received any seed ever getting close of the original one he got out of a indoor mix pack ... he said that those redirecting sites probably stole his seeds and put something like white kush in place ... he knows what he says hes no child like me at growing cannabis ... end of story , those hash plants genetics are valuable , make good use of them if planning to do breeding  .... redirecting sites woudnt steal clients for bad quality shit , they stole my buddy hash plants more than one time because they know its top quality ( those bastards)
when the lion is sleeping... never u try to wake im
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>