Sara's Garden for 2012/2013/2014.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 12:40
looking good sarah, kush #2 looks amazing :):)
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 19:09
fairplay sarah those kushes look lovley
nice yield you got and they sound nice too
thanks for the heads up on the pollen,
and i hope your getting better
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
sanguenuzoi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2012 at 04:55
good art is rare most places sara =( ...ive never seen anythin of him outside the computer screen or books as well

" What I have learned from my fukups this grow...

* Pollen will persist in a grow tent for much longer than it does in the greenhouse or outdoors, and...

* The light proof vents on the tent are only light proof in low lighting situations. "

ill be writing this down on my notes :D ... specially the pollen stuff , i am extremely curious about breeding but i have very little space for growing(indoor only) at current situation , so i belive selecting a nice mother plant and cloning would be smarter for me as pollen should spread around the place quite nicely so would be a huge waste of time to perform intensive cleaning in the closet due to pollen as it could come from other places outside the closet , ive heard ppl saying a male plant pollen could reach 10km far outdoors when wind is favorable.

very good grow diarie sara... nice for noobs to have a place where they can see plants developing and ppl making mistakes so they can prevent themselves from fukin their plants :D

best of all sara , power kush look tasty by the way
when the lion is sleeping... never u try to wake im
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2012 at 15:25
wow! gorgeous plants sara!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 14:05
Ta Blackie, nice to see you about. I am sadly coming to the end of the kush... it's been so nice.

I have been diligently collecting seed and squirreling it away as a smoke my way through the harvest and have my first few test seedlings going, three each power kush x jack flash and sweet ellie x jack flash.

The seedlings are vegging outdoors. I had to take the tent down while I had some visitors over November and hadn't planned to put it up again until after the summer had passed, but.... of course there is a but, my usual outdoor arrangements aren't available so the tent is back up and humming away nicely.

I have reorganised the ventilation and installed a 3/4 HP aircon unit... we have had a couple of hot days (37 -38C) and the tent has stayed under 30C. One night it was actually 3C cooler in the tent with the hps on than it was in my bedroom (damn that was a hot night).

So these are the plants I would have grown outside, a skunk (from the indoor mix) crossed with a cousin of the triffid. Definitely not the sort of thing I would normally consider for inside, but they were the plants that were ready... lol well over ready by the time my ex grow partner pull the pin on the outdoor grow, I had to top them back and have done some pinching and bending of stems to try and contain them until they begin to flower.

I started with four but culled one for being much too like a triffid to handle in the 1m x 1m x 1.8m space.

SKT1

SKT2

SKT3

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 20:32
very nice indeed there going to be some monsters
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 11:52
So long as they have monster buds ck, looking at the cupboard tonight and it's already looking rather bare.

Anyway seedlings-

rear- 4  skunk x triffid
middle - 3 sweet ellie x jack flash
front 3 power kush x jack flash

coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 16:01
nice arsenal should be some variety there sarah
sanguenuzoi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2012 at 23:16
jack flash mixed with power kush and afghani :  ... i will follow this grow closely , huge fan of jack herrer n anything with nearly the same genetics in it ... i will probably try to do some similar mix in near future ... maybe superskunk+jackherrer(or jackflash as u did) to add some indica to it , indoor small space requires indica dna =( kinda sad as i like sativa better but hybrids are just the real deal anyway u look at growing science ... curious to see how will jack genetics deal with afghan based genetics, jack flash is a mix of jamaican sativa n maple leaf indica as i could read in the website description of marleys colly( jack flash is the indica pheno of marleys colly lol) so i belive ur breedin shall do ok anyway u grow or flower it as afghan dna was already present in jack flash(the afghan add will probably make plants flower much faster) , u just made afghan genepool larger by addin power kush and sweet elie( its white label afghan kush or what?)
when the lion is sleeping... never u try to wake im
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 06:15
 Please excuse my absence, life has been getting in the way of late...

To update the plants, well things went very nicely until the 3rd of Jan when, in the middle of a heatwave, I lost power to half the house... lol just the rooms I use, lounge, half the kitchen, studio and grow room.

It took a week for repairs to be carried out and during this time my plants had to sit in a storage shed with limited ventilation. Despite being in near dark, the plants needed soaking everyday to combat the high temps and low humidity. 

I suppose I should be happy they are still alive, I took a thermometer down to the shed, but took it out again as the guage climbed quickly to 50C and I didn't want to totally screw the thermometer.

lol, the worst problem I had pre the incident... a bit of light bleaching when a buds strayed to close to the lamp.

Okay, the evil before and after pics... I think they are self explanatory.

skt1

skt2

skt3

It's all a bit depressing... shit happens, life goes on etc....

Thankfully the generation of seedlings have faired okay. Granted during the 7 days of +40C they needed watering twice daily.

Nicer before and after shots...

pkj

swj

and 2 weeks later... during the 2 weeks between shots the plants had only one nutrient feed, the rest was water and seaweed extract. Nutrients were withheld due to the temperature and from the look of the plants, it was the right call.

All plants were fed last night, bigguns ec 1.4, littluns ec 1.0 (pH 5.8)

That's about it for now... I am watching the flowering plants for signs of revegetation... although the shed was pretty dark the difference in daylight hours may have been enough to confuse them.

If that happens I will dump these and replace them with the seedlings.

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 09:48
Well, no re-vegetation...  but two plants have given up the ghost (stopped using water and shrivelled up) and the third is covered in staminate flowers (boy bits).

So the flowering plants have been cut. I have potted up the vegging plants and will move them into the tent shortly.

The next lot after this will be Jack Flash#5 and Skunk#1, germinating as I type.
Yaelandar View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Yaelandar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 11:07
Hi sarah,

I took time to read your diary and nice pics of Kush.

Great to come back and to see nice plants !

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 12:42
Hi Yael, nice to see you about the place :D

My plants are all in the tent now and I have identified 5 females out of the six plants... the last one looks a little like a boy but I'll give it a few more days to decide.

Pic tomorrow, I promise.
Yaelandar View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Yaelandar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 15:44
Sarah,

5 females out of 6 is a great beginning, but 6....

Life can bring sadness even more for a little green boy ...

Waiting for pics, cheers %3cig%20smile

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 14:35
I agree Yael, 5 out of 6 is nice. The boy is gone and while they are still in these smallish (5-6L) pots, 5 is nice cluster under the light... I may need to remove 1 later on for space, but by then it should be ok to continue flowering outside... so long as it's small enough to hide amongst the veggies.

Plans, plans, we'll see what happens, when it happens.

First pic was taken when I first moved them inside, still in only 1L pots. The 10 days before hand were all +37C, several +42C and the humidity in single figures by late afternoon. The pots were dry twice a day... a bit over dry actually, I probably could have watered 3 times a day....

This is one of the reasons I prefer coco to soil, it dries out much faster than soil which means you can water frequently and keep the roots cool. With soil, in these sort of temps the root ball overheats long before it is ready to be watered again.

The crosses once again are Power Kush x Jack Flash (PKJ) and sweet ellie x Jack Flash (SWJ)... sweet ellie is a narrow bladed Afghani, no commercial pedigree.

PKJ 1 female

PKJ 2 female

PKJ 3 female

SWJ 1 female

SWJ 2 female

SWJ 3 male

Group

I'll update again in a few days with more up to date images.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>