Sara's Garden for 2012/2013/2014.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 04:21
sarah this is all so interesting!
i'm excited to see how all this will turn out.
best, al.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2012 at 03:29
Hit a bit of a snag Alsc... turns out the light proof vents aren't so light proof, so I have some revegetation as a result of having seedling lights on in the same room during the tent's dark period.

Pk2 was first to show signs of the light leak (small leaves emerging from the centre of the main bud). Realised what was happening and cut the seedling lights quick smart. The other plants are showing the same signs, to a lesser though, not really sure what (if any) impact this will have on the final outcome.

My jf boy has begun to produce pollen, so I give him a shake over the sweet ellies each day or two (with the fans turned off), will continue to do same for another week.

Feeling a little like Old Mother Hubbard... the cupboard is nearly bare.

PK1's pistils have been ripening over the last 2 weeks, expect she will be first to harvest... in the not too distant future.

Pics in about 10 hrs after the girls have had a feed.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 14:14
the damn light proof vents!
how long do you think you had this leak? do you think they gonna have some hermi tendencies as well?

sorry 'bout that SL... but my interest in the jf guy getting to make out with the sweet ellies is still there :-)
are you gonna plant the seeds you get right away?

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 05:01
Yes indeed Alsc, damn the light proof vents to hell. The leak can only have been for about a weeks or so, while I had the seedlings under lights. No sign of staminate flowers (apart from the jf) and you'll be happy to know he has been spreading his pollen each evening when I turn on the light.

I always leave seed to cure for a least a month after harvest... I have found that germination rates are better if the seed is left to cure before planting. Probably wont be planting any of these until the cool weather returns in the autumn. The costs involved with running an indoor setup during the summer are too high and I have already germinated what I need for the outdoor plot. 

PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2012 at 04:43
nothing more exciting than cracking seeds you breed yourself; cheers sarah i'm already looking forward too it
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 23:08
busy busy busy hey sarah fairplay on the recent adventures,
and roll on the outdoor sunshine for ya!
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 12:02
Hey Guys, sorry to have not updated more regularly. Spring is very busy to get everything done that needs doing before the heat of summer hits.

I cut the second of the power kush plants tonight... just the sweet ellies to go and I want to keep them another 9 or 10 days... if they last that long on water that is.. run out of nutrients yesterday.

Pics soon, I promise.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2012 at 13:25
Congrats sarah and i look forward to the photos.
I hope your back holds up to all this work.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
sanguenuzoi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 16:29
big time thanks for this diarie sarah ... the fact u live in a warm southern hemisphere country as i do(and obviously the fact u are a moderator ) really made me pay some extra attention on the details .... my noob question of how should i deal with Ph using coco soil mix and perlite is answered ( at least i think so) for what i could see i should keep on hydro Ph(5,5 to 6,5) and ec between 0,5 and 2,0(as i previously thought so) and things should be fine ...

last piece of the puzzle set in place , i should start my indoor experience in about a month ( just waiting for nutrients to arrive and my electric engineering graduating friend to finish his semester final tests so he will help me to set up all electronic parts of the growing closet ) ... im very curious to testify how much bud could i produce using the two 0,50cm x 0,60cm closets i have because even being short on lateral space they have quite nice vertical space ill make this first closet growing with cfls as im too afraid of heat burn if to use HPS lights on flowering... i belive that ,using cfls, total production should stand somewhere between 75g / 150g( 2,5 oz / 5,2 oz )

i have two species to try out ( skunk #1 and first lady ) even dealing with my huge curiosity on hard indica ( like first lady ) i think ill control myself for now and use only skunk #1 seeds this first time for measurements ( and also because we are just arriving on a very hot summer right now on south america and i belive skunk bigger sativa influence will make him more resistant to the serious heat these plant shall go trought)
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2012 at 21:12
Originally posted by sanguenuzoi

big time thanks for this diarie sarah ... the fact u live in a warm southern hemisphere country as i do(and obviously the fact u are a moderator ) really made me pay some extra attention on the details .... my noob question of how should i deal with Ph using coco soil mix and perlite is answered ( at least i think so) for what i could see i should keep on hydro Ph(5,5 to 6,5) and ec between 0,5 and 2,0(as i previously thought so) and things should be fine ...

last piece of the puzzle set in place , i should start my indoor experience in about a month ( just waiting for nutrients to arrive and my electric engineering graduating friend to finish his semester final tests so he will help me to set up all electronic parts of the growing closet ) ... im very curious to testify how much bud could i produce using the two 0,50cm x 0,60cm closets i have because even being short on lateral space they have quite nice vertical space ill make this first closet growing with cfls as im too afraid of heat burn if to use HPS lights on flowering... i belive that ,using cfls, total production should stand somewhere between 75g / 150g( 2,5 oz / 5,2 oz )

i have two species to try out ( skunk #1 and first lady ) even dealing with my huge curiosity on hard indica ( like first lady ) i think ill control myself for now and use only skunk #1 seeds this first time for measurements ( and also because we are just arriving on a very hot summer right now on south america and i belive skunk bigger sativa influence will make him more resistant to the serious heat these plant shall go trought)

hardcore noob style post :D ....my soil is much different than the one being used here , mine contains dark soil + earthworm humus in addition to the coco and the perlite ... so my soil will hold a lot of nutrients,working as dirt soil, due to that ill aim my Ph range between 6,2 to 6,7 ... i forgot to consider exclusively the way the soil will work when thinking bout Ph standards the fact most nutrition will be done trough watering wont change the way the soil works ... im feeling angry for havin even tried to use other forums before , people here are much more friendly and willing to help than in brazilian forums , when noobs post questions on brazilian forums they get answers like ..." STUPID NOOB DO U KNOW THERE IS A SEARCH ENGINE IN THE FORUM?USE ADVANCED SEARCH U DUMB NOOB!"...the saddest thing about this is the fact that this kind of answer is usually send by the forum moderators(not all of them but more than half behaves this way)... i do understand theres lots of people who dont want to read anything and just want their grow project ready ( done by the forum ppl), but cursing them wont teach them how to use the search engine neither will stimulate noobs to keep on their studies ... an i can see moderators here understand that very well
when the lion is sleeping... never u try to wake im
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2012 at 12:34
hello sarah hope you got a good finish on the girls,
look forward to an update
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 23:48
Hi guys, sorry for the slackness... things have come to a screaming halt here (grow finished ok and I do have some pics still to post), it's my gammy leg is playing up... got a few clots in a damaged vein, so I'm not doing much apart from taking the pills, the daily injections and waiting for the clots to dissolve.

Can't sit up for long so I'll leave it there for now. Hope you're all good, will be back to update pics and check out your grow logs soon.  
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 18:36
really sorry to hear about that sarah.
get well soon!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 23:45
 try not to walk around as much sarah
hope u get better soon
best of all for ya ( ive seen u talk about sebastiao salgado on other topics , i was amazed for u knowing his work , im born in the same state of brasil he was born , mafia dominated politics are hard to see for ppl with social consciousnes =/ )
when the lion is sleeping... never u try to wake im
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 11:55
Hi again guys... thanks for the well wishes and sanguenuzoi, no, I'm not walking around too much. I want to keep the clots in the vein where they developed and nowhere else. Things are slowly improving.

Sebastiao Salgado and Ansel Adams are my favourite photographers of all time. It's rare that any work by either makes it's way to be exhibited in Australia, so I have to content myself with books and computer screens.

The one time Salgado's work made it to exhibition in Sydney back in the 90's, I was living 4,000km away in Darwin... just couldn't justify an 8,000 km round trip (at the time) for an exhibition... wish I had now.

Anyway the plants... let's see what is still on the SD card...

A few preharvest shots of power kush #2

Once finally dried, PK#2 came in at 132 grams of trimmed bud. The apical bud weighed 36 grams on the stem. Smokes up beautifully, too strong for daytime use unless I want to contemplate my navel.

Power Kush #1 yielded 80 grams @50 days 12/12... tasted better, effects were much the same as PK2 harvested @70 days 12/12.

The Sweet Ellie's, with and without fan leaves.

And #2

Didn't bother with weighing the SE's there was that much seed that weight isn't a good measure of bud. It's smokable... okay for during the day... not a patch on the previous generation though, but I am not sure how much that has to do with the over pollination.

What I have learned from my fukups this grow...

* Pollen will persist in a grow tent for much longer than it does in the greenhouse or outdoors, and...

* The light proof vents on the tent are only light proof in low lighting situations.

More next time. sara %3ceed%20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>