Sara's Garden for 2012/2013/2014.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2012 at 01:23
hey sarah louise, congratulations!
looks good oreatty crowded as well in your tent.
so you've got 4 plants in 7 liters pots, right? how big is your tent?
as i told you i'm trying to experiment with different sizes to get as much as possible from my space... i am still convinced it is hard to beat the 4 11 lt pots setu up from which i got 220 grams from a 250 W HPS, but we'll see!
i'll follow your babies' flowering!
ciao! %3cool
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2012 at 02:25
Yep Alsc, 4 plants left in 7L pots of coco/perlite and the tent is 1m square and 1.8m tall. It's still a bit squished in there but there is still room for vertical growth... just hoping the Sweet Ellies don't get too tall as there is no room to be bending the tops over and bracing the plants.

I also have 2 oscillating fans in there to push the air around, one set to blow over the foliage and the other set to blow air under the foliage.  Reducing the plant numbers and putting in the second fan has really improved the humidity levels... I may even get to harvest without mould problems.

The next time they are out of the tent I will get some shots of the flowering tops.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 12:47
splendid work its standing room only lovley stucture
to your credit and nice tight nodes
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2012 at 00:18
Thank you Coverking, but I can't take the credit, it's the plants doing the work... I just try and meet their needs.

Sorry for the lapse, early spring is a very busy time in the garden. Anyway, things are progressing nicely in the tent of eternal summer.

The tent is surely full... stuffed full. I had wanted to stick my little jf#5 male back in the tent for a bit of pollination, but there is no room for him even though I cut the plant back severely.

Power Kush #1 (rear right)

Power Kush #2 (front right)

Sweet Ellies, (#2 in front #1 to the rear.)

and considering it is spring.... the new arrivals, skunk#1 x triffid.

I still have to get some shots of SE3 and the JF#5, both are living out in the shade house.

Apart from a ml/L of PK 13/14, the feed stays the same.

sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2012 at 10:30
stellar growing Sl, its a shame that you dont have room to make seed as they all look really frosty, still there is always outdoors for a bit of plant hanky panky lol
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2012 at 11:03
Thanks Sickle, yeah the JF#5 still has the third Sweet Ellie to pollinate. He should be producing pollen soon, if I'm organised enough I will harvest some for the indoor girls.

sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2012 at 11:17
they all look like they will make excellent mums, the power kush looks yummy good luck with your bean making SL   
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 08:16
I don't know if the kushes will be in flower for long enough to ripen seed... but the ellies definitely will be :D

Six weeks in 12/12 today and 34 days since pk1 began flowering. The next 21 days should be interesting... especially considering I am down to my last oz from the outdoor harvest.

Sweet Ellie 3. Flowering has suffered a bit with the rain, but her branches are much stronger than the ones indoors( courtesy of the extra space, she's had to move a round in the breeze).

So long as she remains disease free, there is a good chance she can come back inside once the PK's finish... dang where the fruit am I going to dry the pk's? Bloody things stink to high heaven already.

Now I don't think I outlined what happened to my little jf#5... here he is now, out with se3.

I'll need to go edit a few images to show you all how he came to be as you see him now.

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 08:35
Okies, the last time we saw jf#5 he was confirmed male and looked something like this...

In order to keep the extra plant, it needed to shrink.

and it did...

A bread knife or blade from an electric knife cuts through the medium and roots nicely. Just treat the root ball as if were a loaf of soft bread that needed cutting.

After that it's just a matter of finding a suitably sized pot for what's left...

And backfilling with medium... water in well with seaweed extract or similar and place in a lowly lit environment.

After a couple of days, return to brighter lighting. You can either return the plant to 18/6 lighting and delay flowering indefinitely or, as I did, keep the plant on 12/12 and he should produce pollen within a month.

abbmacher View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote abbmacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 22:39
The garden looks great. What are you going too pollenate with the male?
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 11:44
 Thanks Abbmacher, the pollen is for the sweet ellies. I don't think the power kushes will be in flower long enough to mature seed... especially seeing as the jf isn't quite ready to produce pollen.

Here is a better shot of the male.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 13:15
Excellent indoor stuff, Sara!

I'm not sure I've seen you post indoor before (or my memory is turning to mush - sorry if it's the latter).

Good work training that male, too. He looks like a proper pollen-spreader with the multiple tops!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 01:25
Thanks Ganja, 

There is an indoor log from last year when I bought the tent, but I didn't get the plants finished because the house refurbishments started and I needed to pack it all away. 

With the male it was a case of cut him down to size or toss him out. It's amazing what you can do to cannabis plants and still have them come back fighting.

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 04:25
Lovely stuff Sara, that super kush does indeed look super! I did a bit of root pruning like you did not long ago, to keep a plant full cycle in a 500ml party cup, worked a treat! :-)
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 13:33
Hey Alecky, thanks mate. How's things? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 14>