Sara's Garden for 2012/2013/2014.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 11:35
Yes it is getting crowded for floor space, I didn't top anything to try and preserve some floor space yet the plants are as bushy as if I had topped.

First up... JF#5

Power Kush 1

Power Kush 2

Sweet Eloise 1

Sweet Eloise 2

And last but not least... Sweet Eloise 3

That's it for tonight, all still feeding at ec 1.8, pH 5.8 every second day. Temperature is ranging between 18 - 25C, humidity is a touch higher than I would like at 60 - 80% rh.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 12:09
Hey,

Looking good :).

I'm not that far behind you, I'm gonna flip the light tonight on mine.

In my limited experience, The topped plants that I just did, did take up about the same amount of space(width) as a reg, they were just shorter. But I was completely shocked at how much they gave back. One plant I would have sworn would have given me 1.50z gave me 3?

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 04:27
Happy flowering Mellow.

Granted, I don't have that much experience flowering indoors but I had expected a little more of an upward push. The kushes and JF#5 still have the classic triangular shape but the affies... bloody hell, all of them have secondary shoots are longer than the meristem.

Maybe it's just because I haven't grown any of these for a few years... but I don't remember them looking anything like this... well the leaf shape and the flushed stems are as I remember... but I sure don't remember this sort of branching.

Possibly just the different growing conditions, who knows? So long as they flower as I remember... the rest doesn't really matter.
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 18:32
Originally posted by sarah louise

Thanks Mel, the slow veg means they all have very well developed side shoots. Need to go buy another couple of timers... can't find one here that actually works. I have been getting up at 6.30am to turn off the cool tube fan (which draws cold air from outside) to let the temps rise a couple of degrees before turning the light off at 7.30am.

The ground here is white with frost each morning, but if I have the cooltube fan turn on an hour after the light in the evening and turn off a hour earlier in the morning I am able to keep the tent temperatures between 18-24C (64-75F) without extra heating.

hi sara why not try to find an electronics dealer that sells heavy duty relays or contacters you can get the right rating in amps terms,,rate at about 1/3 over the overall amp induction or the amps drawn,with a simple wire diagram you can run all the lights from one timer via a relay/contacter which will handle all the lights.just add all the amp ratings of all the lamps and add a third,and use a wire that is rated as well..most timers give the rating in resistive current but hid,s are inductive current which draw more power,a bit of study on the net will suffice ,its not really heavy electrical theory,,maybe i am off the mark and you have no problem with the lamps..you can also look up assymetrical recyclers which have adjustable pulse(on) and pause(off) these are accurate to the second or 60 second or 60 minuite or longer they cover all time needs ..google the A.R if you have" radio spares "the company they sell all the kit,the assymetrical recycler is a great bit of kit you can have the pause and pulse set over 24 hours with exact control to the second although depending on amp rating you may need a relay to handle the current we used to use them to CO2 inject to the second ,have a look its basically a timer system,google it..

by the way the plants look   really pretty.very healthy..
T is for truth,for truth is strange,stranger than fiction..lord byron
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 03:31
Hi assinomen, thanks, I think they are pretty too... atm I am doing things manually simply because I am home and funds are low. A thermostat for the cool tube fan and a new timer for the light are on the list of things to buy, but they are down the list a bit and might not happen for this grow.

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 13:35
Feeling a bit sad... my JF#5 is showing staminate growth at the nodes. I'll keep it a bit longer, but if it continues down this path it will soon be hitting the compost heap.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 15:38
Damn it! Sorry to hear.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2012 at 23:14
I'm sorry to hear too, but what does that mean, in lay man terms?

I googled it, but i'm still none the wiser?
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 03:18
pistillate = female

staminate = male 
Lahori-Munda View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Lahori-Munda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 18:45
Better luck next time sarah louise
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 05:05
Thanks Larhori - Munda, at least taking the Jf out of the tent has made it a little less cramped inside the tent... still probably too tight but I will wait and see what happens with the 5 remaining plants.
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 11:22
hi thats a bummer sarah! like you say at least 5 left,
and more scope to bush now, but a shame about the JF#5 though
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 00:20
Well, down to four in the tent now CK... no bloody room, so the weakest of the affies has left the building and is hiding out on the sunny side of the shade house.

It's still wall to wall foliage inside the tent (and sprinkled with little buds now), but I did manage to squeeze in a second box fan and get the humidity under control.

First up, the last shot of 5 in the tent a few days ago. Problem was the humidity was soaring during the dark period and barely drying out during lights on.

The planties... pk1, the biggest and furthest into flower. Takes up the space of 2 affies.

pk2, growing steadily

pics of the others later... upload is playing up.

sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 06:34
there looking great SL, ill pull up a chair for the bud firework display that will be happening over the next few weeks
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:50
Hey Sickle, yeah the buds are starting to show themselves, especially on the pk's. I think they are going to live up to the blurb and finish pretty quickly... it will be very nice to have a change of bud.

here's the others... se1

se2

and se3 (who now lives outside) and luckily we are having a spell of warmer weather. Wont be long now that the frosts will be but a memory.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>