Sara's Garden for 2012/2013/2014.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:54
nice one sarah, i think you will like your 7 litre pots
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:40
Thanks CK, I am liking them so far... finally managed to get back into town for more perlite and coco, so I am prepping coco and potting up the last 3 tonight.

Seems like as good a time for a photo session, the plants have grown on considerably and achieved a nice shade of green. Currently feeding at ec 1.8, pH 5.9.

Pics will go up when I finish tonight.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 14:06
Not quite finished but more than halfway. Coco mixed, plants potted up and flushed... still to mix nutrients and feed the mob but I need a sit down.

Altogether beforehand...

Just counting up the weeks and realised that my wee Jack Flash#5 (left front) is only a few days short of 3 months old... talk about a problem child.

At least I see what look to be female preflowers... and the yellowy look is all flash.

Soon be time to take one or two of those lower shoots for clones.

Both Power Kush are showing female preflowers as are the two Affies I had earlier potted up. Dang I just potted up the suspect male... silly me, should have left it and taken clones next week with the JF#5... then again, it might surprise me and actually be female... then I'll need a clone off it anyway... too much thinking for tonight. 

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 15:26
Finally finished and back into the tent we go...

Well, not quite finished, still have to clean up the mess...

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 16:26
Looking a lot better, your green fingers are showing :).
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 17:13
Thanks Mellow, but I think it's more quality nutrients, fed regularly than green thumbs... well a bit of perseverance with the 3 slower plants (back row).  
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2012 at 23:54
got some potent gear in that tent sarah,
all looking much better now bring on the action!
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 03:21
So it's action you want CK.... I think I had better give the transplants a few days to settle into the new pots before changing the light cycle. The pot up has magnified the height difference between the 2 groups of plants... might not be so much of an issue as the PK shouldn't stretch as much as the JF#5... the affies might need high chairs though... not really sure as I haven't grown this strain since I was growing in dirt, outdoors.

Fingers crossed the 3rd affie is a boy... I really would like some pollen. 
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:41
Third affie is sporting female preflowers... can't really complain about an all girl show.

A little pollen would have been nice though...
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2012 at 14:01
The ceremonial changing of the light schedule will occur Sunday at 8.30 am (Gmt+9).

So these are the last vegging pics...

First up is my jack flash#5

next the power kushes... the biggest first, hasn't missed a beat with the repot.

the second isn't much smaller but looks a bit odd because a couple of times she has only grown a single leaf rather than a pair.

And the affies, smallest to largest aa well as best to worse...

Number one has a single leaf with yellow variegations.

number two

dang, seem to have lost the shot of the 3rd sweet eloise, oh well she's front right in the group pic.

And now the flowering :D
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2012 at 21:34
Tight. Looking good.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 00:39
Thanks Mel, the slow veg means they all have very well developed side shoots. Need to go buy another couple of timers... can't find one here that actually works. I have been getting up at 6.30am to turn off the cool tube fan (which draws cold air from outside) to let the temps rise a couple of degrees before turning the light off at 7.30am.

The ground here is white with frost each morning, but if I have the cooltube fan turn on an hour after the light in the evening and turn off a hour earlier in the morning I am able to keep the tent temperatures between 18-24C (64-75F) without extra heating.

Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 20:16
We're in the heat of summer here, so cooling is what I'm all about right now. Got lights off 8am-8pm and adding extra fans to pull cold air up into the flower room from my basement, which is 100 year old sandstone, holds pretty steady at 65 degrees year 'round.

I dig the slow veg too. My next 2 plants that push into the perpetual have been vegging 58 days now, they'll be 68 when they flip.

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 22:35
I hadn't intended for mine to be quite so slow, early problems with damping off and me having to go away a few times stretched the vegetative period out.

I need to have the tent packed away a week into November... hope it will be long enough for the JF#5.... 83 days to go.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 12:18
I think things are going to get rather crowded...

My perennial problem with low humidity is gone... moved most of the books out of the room and am drawing air from outside. Now all have to worry about is the humidity being too high.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>