Sara's Garden for 2012/2013/2014.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 02:50
Thanks kph, still can't lift, twist, stretch or bend... but I can walk enough to get around the house and yard and tend the plants, sit long enough to use the net or watch a movie, and stand long enough to wash a few dishes or cook something simple. 

The plants -
Potted up my little Jack Flash... it's still small but growing quite nicely now. Also, I had a little confusion with the affies and kushes at germination... now that they have grown out a bit I can difference between the 2 strains... the earlier posted image of 2 plants I called affies are actually the Power Kush. (I'll go back and correct that)

So it still stands at -

1 Jack Flash (fem)
1 SkunkX (fem)
2 Power Kush (fem)
3 Ellie the Mongrel Affie (reg)

They are looking a little pale as they were on a starvation rations while I have been away and didn't get much attention while my nephews were here (and no, they didn't twig that there was anything odd in the back room).

Fed last night ec 1.4, pH 5.9, was waiting for the SkunkX to pick up it's leaves before taking a pic but things still look droopy from watering.

Back row... Power Kush, middle row... affies, front L... affie, front R... Jack Flash, and SkunkX to the side.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 03:54
So sorry to hear about your back troubles. Back pain is no joke for sure. Hubby has had multiple surgeries to his back, a spinal fusion and some other things. So, although I don't actually feel your pain, I understand what you're suffering with. I hope you feel 100% soon.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 08:40
Thanks for the kind words Mel.  I think where it is atm is the worst part of recovery... I can do a few menial things, but not much, none of the things I really want to be doing and the risk is I over extend myself and stuff it up again.

Nearly time to go turn the light on... timer stuffed and I wont be able to get a new one until the end of the week.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 11:55
Hello Sarah.you sound as if your in a similar situation as me.
I've been doing bugger all really for nearly the last two months and whilst it has improved slightly i'm still goosed.
Hospital this coming Friday so i will see what the crack is then but i am not expecting it to be good news.
My major problem is the sacroiliac joint were the spine sits in between the hips so every movement you feel.
Its not fun but its all part of life i suppose.
I sincerely hope you get over your current back problem and that is the last of them.
Have a good weekend.
Live and let live
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 13:44
I don't think my back is as bad as yours kph, I have some calcification around the sacroiliac but my main problem is a little higher, damaged disc between L4 and L5 that slips - usually after the most inconspicuous of actions. Generally only a problem for a few weeks, less if I can make myself go to the heated pool for regular swimming sessions.

Fingers crossed that you do get some good news Friday.

Back to the plants... I've just potted up the last of the little affies.  There's quite a size range atm... by the time the JF is ready to flower, the skunkX may have taken over the tent.

I expect a little pruning is in order. I wont be able to take clones from all the plants as I need to stay under the magic number 10. Only the JF will be cloned plus an affie if I get a girl, which means I will have to bin the prunings (argh even the thought of it gives me the shivers).

This evening under the glow...

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2012 at 15:04
When you say you have to stop at 10 is that due to space limitations or due to other restrictions?
Until i found this site i had no idea there were so many breeds of plant and i will have to study up and see which would best suit my needs and growing space but i love reading all the diaries and seeing all the wonderful varieties.
I've had a search but cannot seem to find it but has there every been a poll for the best indoor and outdoor varieties?
I think one day i will try the jf as i have read nothing but good things about it,have you grown many jf's in the past and how have you found them? would you recommend them for a novice like me?
Have a nice weekend.
Live and let live
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 05:07
Originally posted by kph1966

When you say you have to stop at 10 is that due to space limitations or due to other restrictions?

The penalties get harsher the higher the numbers... under 10 is considered personal, over 10 is commercial.

I've had a search but cannot seem to find it but has there every been a poll for the best indoor and outdoor varieties?

Best is a relative term KPH. It's depends very much on what you like to smoke, where you are located and how you like to grow. I'm sure if you were to use a search engine you would find many such threads online, but all they will tell you is what other people like.

I think one day i will try the jf as i have read nothing but good things about it

Same here... I had heard good things, seen a few grow logs and then got a good deal from a reseller on some JF#5. This is the first time I have grown the strain so I can't really offer an opinion on it's suitability for a novice apart from repeating what information is in the catalogue.

All the best, sara.
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 10:35
Originally posted by 1966

Until i found this site i had no idea there were so many breeds of plant and i will have to study up and see which would best suit my needs and growing space but i love reading all the diaries and seeing all the wonderful varieties.

hey 1966
how are you;I found a site which would seem to suit your requirements,it works on a point system and has various categories
www.leafly.com/hybrid/jack-flash
http://www.leafly.com/sativa/jack-herer
,medical,sativa-indica &c &c,it also has a layout with colour tabs and sort of looks like a periodic table.its worth a look i think you would find it helpful,,
   the jack herer is one i would like to grow it looks exceptional.for the moment though the flower time is a bit long unless i could have two grows,then again it is suposed to yeild very well as the longer flower types do, so really it amounts to the same and for medical reasons is worth going for if times no problem then thats the one.

anyway have a look at the site,its neutral and is not associated with any seed banks.
T is for truth,for truth is strange,stranger than fiction..lord byron
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 22:44
Glad to see you got some green going sara, the only way is up as a popular song once went.

Hope the backs get better soon.

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 18:04
Great to see and hear things are getting back on track sara, you have had enough bad luck already! Looking forward to seeing the mongrel affie!! 
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 07:16
Thanks HD and Alecky... I think I just have to face the fact that I need to pre treat the coco with a fungicide before winter germinations.

No changes yet in the tent although the Power Kush Plants will go into new pots in the next day or so and the skunk will be leaving... it's so far ahead of the others and I really need it flowered before I commit to the spring germination for the outdoor season.

Alecky, I call my Affie a mongrel because she has no grand pedigree... shes not an outstanding cropper crop and the spider mites love her, but... it's for what she is, rather than what she isn't, that I love her so.

With any luck I will get a female similar to the mother, if I only get males I will pollinate the PK's to preserve the memory.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2012 at 13:38
Hey,

nice to seer you up and growing again sarah :)
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:58
yeh. the best for you! and always good to speak with the other side of the world ! i'm a "airplane" at this time.. this whith diesel is sgoood with the music and the sunshine ! the distance is nothing for the think or vibes ! so...take this : it's for you sarah and it"s free ! peace
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 01:07
Thanks Mellow, and BG here is one for you too %3c3ceart%3c3ceed%3c20leaf... enjoy the diesel.

The plants...

I went to the hardware store yesterday and bought 7 litre pots, coco and perlite to pot up the plants into uniform sized pots... didn't quite have enough so the three that were originally potted up into 5 litre pots (edit- actually they are 3.5L) will have to stay there until I go back into town.

The pot size is a bit of a jump for me but I need to go away again for a few days so I want them in pots that will take a few days to dry out, even under hps.

The plants still look a bit underfed, but are greening up as I increase the strength of the feed. Last feed ec 1.4, pH 5.8.

Crap photo... but it will give you guys an idea of what is going on...

Back row... (L-R) Ellie the Affie, Ellie the Affie, Jack Flash#5, Front row... (L-R) Power Kush, Power Kush, Ellie Affie.

I was having a few temperature issues... too warm with the lights on and too cool with the lights off, so I have changed the ventilation around a bit and am now drawing cold air (from outside) in through the cool tube. The warmed air then dumps into the room and is sucked through the tent by the centrifugal fan. Once the light is turned off the centri draws warm air from the rest of the house into the tent. Running the lighting from 5pm until 11am.

This setup is keeping the temps between 21-23C (light on) and 17-19C (light off) ... humidity sits between 45% (light on) and 60% (light off).

That's about all for now, sara %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 14:02
Just a pic from the tent... all settling in nicely... yes it is the hps light, they aren't that yellow in daylight.

Too stoned to label them all so (as you have probably guessed) the unlabelled ones are the Affies.  %3cig%3c
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>