Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains > Advice on Choosing a Strain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Strain suggestions for greenhouse please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strain suggestions for greenhouse please
    Posted: 27 May 2012 at 13:47
Hi folks,

I'm looking to pick up 3 or 4 strains for my next greenhouse cycle, preferably from the Sensi/White Label stock.

Here's some additional info:

Growth environment: Northern hemisphere lean-to type greenhouse, catching light from 270 degrees, northeast to northwest. Day temps peaking at 35 degrees Celsius during the hottest days of summer; night temps ranging from 10C to 18C. Daylight length peaking at 14:40 at summer solstice with a quite long growing/flowering season. Humidity will be on the lower end of the acceptable range throughout the season.

Growing experience: This will be my second attempt at growing cannabis in a greenhouse. But I'm quite familiar with the growing process, so I'm fairly confident that I will be able to grow most strains with acceptable results.

Available vertical space: 3 meters.

Available horizontal space: more than enough for 10-12 large females.

Looking for pest-pathogen resistant, potent and high yielding plants that are relatively low odor during flowering but taste rich and preferably fruity when smoked. Would prefer social, sativa like highs; but high quality Indicas are also welcome.

Flowering time is not important, as long as the plants are not gonna stink to high heaven during flowering.

One strain that I'll definitely try will be Jack Herer, just to see what all the hype is about. %3coving%20it

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Cheers %3ceed%20leaf

OrganicGrow
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 13:56
hey organic, a friend of mine grew shiva shanti 2 in a greenhouse last year with excellent results, although not the most potent strain it has a huge yield and is what i'd call a day time smoke nice mellow kind of buzz and at the price e20 it cant be beat.

Good luck what ever strain you choose.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 14:14
Thanks sickle, do you know anything about her odor situation during flowering?
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 14:50
from what i remember(it was last year) it was low odor with big buds with a dusting of frost gained a little more height than a pure indica due to there being some sativa mixed in also had a lighter bud structure but not sativa light if you know what i mean, its def one ill try in the future
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 15:56
thanks man, I'll definitely look her up
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 16:14
hi organicgrow,

first of all, i wish your greenhouse grow the best of luck!
i can reccomend you SHIVA SKUNK.
i grew this strain in a small tent indoor setup, but it turned out to be lovely (you can see it here: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10277&PN=19).
sensi people include this strain in the greenhouse list, and i can't avoid suggesting you this fantastic plant!
with her broad indica leaves she is a beauty and a pleasure to grow. quite hardy: i gave an extra plant to a friend who grew her in the worst conditions, but she still gave him some nice buds to smoke.
i did no bending, training nor pruning, let them grow naturally and got 1 m high plants. the flowering took longer than i expected (about 10 weeks of 12/12), but it was totally worth it.
the buds are super hard and dense, shaped in a very peculiar, lovely way. they smell and taste lovely. the stone is heavy but gets you gently in a way. very relaxing and stressfree... the scent reminds of incense and citrus... i don't know why but it is an odour that reminds me of india. shiva skunk is just a pleasure to smoke!
the odour in flowering is not terribly strong: i grew this 2 shivas with another 2 white skunks and they smelled a lot more.

i'm still experimenting growing different strains each time, but i'm sure i will grow shiva skunk again and again in the future.

best,
al.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 16:56
Hi alsc,
Pretty impressive grow. looked to me like quite a heavy harvest for a 250w setup.
Shiva Skunk did actually catch my eye when I was browsing Sensi's catalog but the skunk in her name scared me %3cig%20smile I suspected she would smell a lot but you say it's not that bad, so that definitely puts her in my shortlist.

Thanks for the input, and good luck on all your future grows.

OrganicGrow
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 17:06
i had your same thought!
thanks for the compliment. i choose the small hps wattage because i thought that would be enough... i grow for my self, so 200 gr. should be enough until next harvest (around august, i have some pure power plant!)...

anyways, the shiva end product reminds more to the northern lights than to any skunk i have tried... (also the plant structure, but i am not very experienced!)
therefore i think this plants is leaning more towards the NL#5.

i wish you a happy growing and let us know how it will go!
best,
al.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 00:24
Well IMO if you get enough from 250w there is no need to go for higher wattage. I grow for myself as well but there's a lot of friends that I'll be having to share my stash with, so I have to go for a bigger grow.

It will be a few months before I begin a new strain cycle in the greenhouse; right now I have four large females, WWs and ICEs in early flower in there. I will be using cuts from these ladies for my winter crop as well as my indoor op, if I choose too run one. But for sure my next spring grow will be with the new strains. I'm especially interested in sativa heavy strains as I believe that is where one's growing skills are really put to the test. I'm rather curious to see how I do.

BTW You can check my ladies out here:
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10612&PN=1

The pics are a couple of weeks old but I'll be uploading some new ones soon.

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply