Cannabis literature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannabis literature
    Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:05
ive been reading the cannabis breeders bible by Greg green lately and if your like me and have read a dozen "how to grow" books or are tired of trawling the net for info this one is something different, it explains the cannabis industry & how breeders such as sensi might go about things also how to breed for traits & there frequency in a known gene pool, creating IBL's and how to protect your work by only releasing F1 seeds. i'd recommend it to anybody thats interested in learning about genetics/breeding, or even just how the strain your growing was created, best £9 ive spent in ages.

any other good cannabis/ganja history/info books post them on this thread
come on people share the knowledge lol   
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:39
ill get a copy thanks mate
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 15:11
nice one ck, its a bit of a head pickler at times but once you get a rough idea what he's talking about it all falls in to place
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 17:54
another great book i bought a while ago is the marijuana garden saver by ed rosenthal it has lots of info on deficiencies, pests, environmental stresses and how to deal with them.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 18:49
marijuana botany by Robert Connell Clarke. Its not much fun to read tho, more like a school text book. Has alot of detailed info on the complete life cycle
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2012 at 14:06
teaming with microbes by jeff lowenfels & wayne lewis although not a true cannabis book its full of info on the soil food web, making compost & compost teas, caring/looking after the soil in your pot(s) damn good read for anyone interested in how your plants obtain there food, warning!!! the first few chapters are hard going as they describe each part of the food web ie fungi, bacteria, protozoa, nematodes,etc and there role in said web lol
mtn grown View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mtn grown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 03:00
funny thing sicklehand but i have read both books recently and the book by Greg Green was a much more interesting read.The book by Robert Clark was more like reading a text book, very informative just not as interesting of a read .i aquired a copy of both after reading your reply on my shiva skunk thread. many thanks for the info    i am about to start rereading the cannabis breeders bible as i am sure i only took in a small part of what it had to say.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 06:52
no worries, i enjoyed the breeders bible it just wasn't as in depth as i hoped
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:10
I still don't have any cannabis related literature in the house lol.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 18:03
lol SL, with the interweb these days books are droping off the face of the planet along with the people who read them but heres one to read before they do its called True living organics by the rev, its a guide to growing a 100% organic cannabis with a just add water grow style well maybe a few teas until you find the right balance but the TLO style basically gives the power back the plant instead of it being force-fed synthetic or organic nutrients on a man made time line. the TLO style also means you never through your soil away its re composted and used again with a few added catalysts to kick start the micro beasties that help provide the plant with nutrients.   
420couple View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420couple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 12:36
Hi Sickehand!
We got the 'Marijuana Growers Handbook' from Ed Rosenthal and the 'Marijuana Grow Basics, the Easy Guide for Cannabis Aficionados' from Jorge Cervantes. The second book is easy to read and always gives us a clear answer on the questions we are having. However the information we get from that book is very limited and that's why we use Ed Rosenthal's 'bible' for more specific information or if we just want to learn more about marijuana.
For some enjoyable reading go for: 'Potculture, the A-Z guide to stoner language and life'. It's a great book, so are the two info books!
Cheerio, 420c

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2013 at 15:12
hi, the best book i have is Cannabis Alchemy, the tricks how to make the best hash.. i dont think its for sale anymore.... too important.
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 03:22
It's still available through Amazon Martini. I've read some of it in pdf format.

It's not that I don't like books, just that cannabis related literature is something the pigs look for when they bust your house.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 14:26
i thought the people that got rich after reading the book, had bought them all, thats how they stay rich...
must be a new edition... it was sold out in the netherlands in the past..lol
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 11:25
the best grow book i had was wietologisch handbook written by simon vinkenoog, small book with simple techniques, i read the cervantes book about indoor growing, i kept it with me in bed every night for years.. not to copy his way of working but to learn and to check my own experiences.
there is no holy book for succes, after all you have to do it all by yourself!
So the Freakbrother books part 1 to 13 helped me too, more of how to behave how the scene works.. how not to get ripped, how to make money etc.etc. how to built a bus ( car) etc.
it gave me lots of inspiration!! thanks Gilbert Shelton!!! many thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>