Greenhouse Grow: WL White Widow and White ICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 12:36
Hi guys,

Anyone care to comment on whether I should start the flushing period on my WW or not? Here are some pictures:

"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Viriathus View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Viriathus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 20:18
Nice views :)
If You are expecting to cut the plants in two weeks, for sure it will be better to flush the pots. To me, they are at 50%-60% brown styles (normally I'll go until "narcotic" 80%-90%).
Good harvest :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 22:20
Hey V thanks for stopping by.

I'm planning an early harvest because I don't like an overly narcotic high. Especially for these indica doms. I want the high to be as heady as possible without harvesting unripe buds
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 13:48
Hello OG
Update please if you would be so kind.
We are all waiting to hear your final conclusions on these monsters.
Have a good day
Live and let live
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:27
hes to bizy trimming to post lol
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 12:53
Hello folks,

First of all I would like to thank you all for following my work.

I am happy to report that all the work is now done. The buds are manicured, dried and are now curing in 14 6-liter glass jars. I have not weighted them yet but only the densest nuggets were kept for curing and the jars are pretty packed. The jars are scattered around several places but if I do get them all together I will take a picture and post here it's quite a sight.

I lost two jars' worth of good buds to mold during drying, due to a fault in ventilation which went undetected for a few days.

All trimmings and undesirable buds were sent to bubble bags and they yielded a dozen of heavily pressed 73 and 25 micron hash bricks. I have not weighted these either but judging from experience I estimate at least 100 grams.

Half of the moldy buds are being water-cured right now and the resin from the rest was extracted using Isopropyl Alcohol. Both of these methods are new to me so I'm not sure how effective they will be. I will report on this later.

Although the buds are not completely cured yet, I feel confident they are cured enough for me to post a smoke report. So here's my smoke report and final thought on these strains:

Before I start, I should mention that I harvested these ladies in 2 stages for each plant, about two weeks apart. So the effects of buds from stage 1 and stage 2 of the same plant differ slightly. I will call them 'Batch A' for the former and 'Batch B' for the latter.

White Label White I.C.E.

Quite the robust and nutrient-hungry strain. Builds unbelievably large colas that run 3 quarters the height of the stem. The two plants I had were virtually odor-less during bloom and all through drying. Only during curing did the characteristic musty smell of it emerge.

As mentioned, the smell is musty when undisturbed; herbal when crushed and sweet, almost fruity when smoked. The smoke is heavy and may incite a few coughs though.

The effects
All in all I believe this is a potent strain but not the knock-out type. It creates a mellow effect that stays with you for a long time. The intensity of the high, unlike some other strains, does not increase to become overwhelming as you smoke more and more of it.

Batch A:

Heavy bodily stone together with a social, euphoric and sharp mental state. We found it perfect for doing slow-paced team jobs that require concentration so naturally this is what we smoked through all the trimming %3c3co%3c20high

Overall, this is a general purpose smoke. One can completely function on this throughout the day and it's a relaxing high for night-time as well.

Batch B:

This is definitely the heavier stone. A couple of hours on this will lead to bed no matter what time it is. The mental state is cheerful and relaxed. A great late-night smoke.

White Label White Widow

Now this is something else. Even more vigorous than the ICE, both plants of this strain displayed awesome branching and bud-building powers. It was a challenge to keep up with their feed. I was giving them so much and still they would get yellow. At first I thought I was overfeeding but as it turned out I was way underfeeding them. This of course was corrected in time.

Both plants smelled a lot during flowering and even the cured buds right now have such a strong smell that it even gets through the several layers of plastic covering the jars.

The smell was multi-layered and changed at different phases. During veg, they smelled like fresh ground coffee. Later in flowering they started to smell more and more herbal when undisturbed and when they were disturbed, they released that trademark smell which cries skunk along with some other strong, almost diesel-like smell. The skunk smell was detectable from a long distance but the other layers of smell were limited to the immediate space surrounding the plants.

Effects:

This is a smoke which should be handled with care. Experienced smokers will love this but inexperienced ones may get overwhelmed by the sheer intensity of it. Only downside is that tolerance is built fast and the effects are relatively short-lived. So all in all not a smoke to have every day, but great for special occasions.

BATCH A:

A couple of hits of this will have you feeling like you're being pulled into the ground and at the same time, floating away. One of the nicest highs I have ever experienced. It is a pity that the effect is short lived, about 30 minutes or less at peak intensity. There is also a  fatigue that comes over you as the effects wear off. So definitely a night-smoke.

BATCH B

Very similar to the first batch but slightly more narcotic. There is still enough mobility though. The mental state is at peace, so if you use it as a sleeping aid, you are likely to have nice dreams.

Well, that's it folks. I am sorry this was a picture-less one. I will add pictures if an opportunity to capture something memorable presents itself.

Cheers

OG

EDIT: The yields mentioned are only from the two plants in the greenhouse. The two outdoor plants I had (one of each) were harvested by a friend of mine and I haven't gotten the chance to find out how much they yielded yet.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 15:12
Superb diary, OG!

For a less narcotic smoke, the WW could be harvested in 7-15 days, so I'd start flushin 5-7 days before that.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 15:25
Now that is what i call a smoke report.
Thanks for that OG i am glad everything worked out good for you.
After all that work you can sit back,chill and enjoy the fruits of your labour
Photos would be nice if you could post some up when it is convenient.
You have a good day.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:16
Originally posted by Ganja

Superb diary, OG!

For a less narcotic smoke, the WW could be harvested in 7-15 days, so I'd start flushin 5-7 days before that.

Thanks G

Actually I harvested the first batch from the WW 10 days after I took that picture. I gave only water during that time and flushed twice to make sure no residual ferts remain.

Don't get me wrong, for an Indica-dominant, the first batch has a surprisingly uplifting high but there is still a strong presence of narcotic effects which I don't think can be helped given the Indica-heavy genetic background of the strain. First class smoke overall.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2012 at 10:18
Originally posted by 1966

Now that is what i call a smoke report.
Thanks for that OG i am glad everything worked out good for you.
After all that work you can sit back,chill and enjoy the fruits of your labour
Photos would be nice if you could post some up when it is convenient.
You have a good day.

Thank '66

I appreciate all the support you have given me since I joined. I hope I can return the favor in the future.

Cheers mate
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:27
Hello OG i hope you are well.
Think nothing of it we are all meant to be here to help one another and it seems a rarity that there is ever any hassle here which i really like.
I think it will be you giving me advice rather than the other way round unless you want to know about boxing or mma.
You have a nice day.
Live and let live
the cape gardener View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote the cape gardener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 15:32
wow i hope to achieve similar results....hi guys..about to grow jack flash in greenhouse with height restriction of 2.1m......use 50L growing bags in peat, compost, casting, perlite mix....any advice to max my yield plse
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567