Greenhouse Grow: WL White Widow and White ICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 15:58
Well at some point I had to limit vertical growth by bending the main stem to favor lateral growth. At that time I think the plants were around 280cms. I also kept them root-bound for some time otherwise they would have grown even taller and larger. Now they are large bushy monsters that occupy around 4 square meters of floor area together and around 3 meters of vertical space.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Viriathus View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Viriathus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 16:08
%3cig%20smile They are the queens of the ball, certainly. I have ever planted late, in final June, but when seeing some photos of cannabis growing in places like Afghanistan and else, I always think about the response of start growing early, in April. Even with the literature mentioned fact about the floration beginning delay of big vegetative plants. 
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 16:37
Well obviously the earlier you get to sow the larger the plant and thus bigger the harvest will be and of course there will be some delay in maturation but I reckon the rewards are well worth the extra few weeks. But next time I'm planting this early, I will try to prevent immature bloom and re-vegetation by aggressive pruning and dark-cycle interruption. I will also use larger pots. The 20 liters of soil-less mix which I was planning to finish in is proving way too inadequate and it's too late to re-pot now.

"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:36
Hi folks, time for another update:

Both ladies are almost finished now. I harvested around 40% of the Ice last week, I took almost a meter off the top of the branches. My estimation is that the dry weight of the harvested buds will be about 300 grams. I left the rest to fatten up some more.

BTW for all interested: the Ice is virtually odorless but the WW is one stinky monster.

The WW is nearing harvest, she will also be harvested in 2 or 3 stages. Here are some pics from the WW:

These two pics are from the lowest branch on the WW, I'm keeping the top cola for a surprise ;-)

And here is my outdoor Ice at more than 3 meters, she's just begun to flower but she doesn't look too good because of an untimely transplant she was subjected to out of necessity. Still I expect her to yield a decent amount of bud. My outdoor WW was harvested 2 weeks ago and the smoke was phenomenal:

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:46
FFS, those are some monsters!

Excellent work, OG., you should have a cheery and relaxing winter!

Do you mind if I post one or more of these on FB? If it's okay with you, they'll be credited to a Friend of Sensi (or any handle you prefer).

(Actually, I might make a sticky thread for people to opt in or out of having their forum images posted on FB. Anyone who's fine with their images being seen can say so. 'No' would be the default position, so I'd assume members who didn't post on that thread opted out)
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:57
You lucky bugger OG but i do not envy you having to do all that trimming it will keep you busy for a while that's for sure.
Congrats dude and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:38
Originally posted by Ganja

Do you mind if I post one or more of these on FB? If it's okay with you, they'll be credited to a Friend of Sensi (or any handle you prefer).

Hi G thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the nice words.

By all means go ahead, it is indeed a pleasure to be called a 'Friend of Sensi' %3coving%20it

Cheers
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:51
Originally posted by 1966

You lucky bugger OG but i do not envy you having to do all that trimming it will keep you busy for a while that's for sure.
Congrats dude and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Have a good day.

Thanks for all the support '66 

Up to now the trimming has gone easier than expected. A couple of my friends came to help and we were able to pipeline the work pretty efficiently. I can't say it was the cleanest manicure ever but it was clean enough.

Have a great day my friend.
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 02:55
great OG!
gorgeous plants and very interesting grow with the revegging thing.
curious: how much was your yeld?

only one thing: next year top that tomato. sweeter , bigger fruits!
(why nobody here tops tomatoes?) %3co%20high
slowhand View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote slowhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:12
great job!
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:41
sweet sticky jebus, id like to build a tree house in that outdoor monster and live in it great work OG

i feel i should inform the citizens of sensi land about meta data
meta data is information that is tagged on to digital photos it can contain GPS coordinates(depending on the camera) but it always contains info about your camera and computer and a thumb nail pic that is unaffected buy changes made to the photo(ie blurring faces) ok thats the bad news out of the way, time for the good news meta data can be easily removed buy downloading a striper, no not a a dancing girl, a small program that removes "strips" the info before you upload it.

be safe
sh

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 19:24
Originally posted by alsc

great OG!
gorgeous plants and very interesting grow with the revegging thing.
curious: how much was your yeld?

only one thing: next year top that tomato. sweeter , bigger fruits!
(why nobody here tops tomatoes?) %3c3co%3c20high

Hey al thanks for stopping by
The harvest is not complete. The outdoor WW did not respond to late transplant very well so she remained relatively small. Still the buds were large and dense and covered with resin. The dry weight for that one was around 300 grams I believe.

I harvested around 40-50% of my greenhouse white ice but the buds are not completely dry yet. My estimation is around 300-400 grams for this batch.

So 600-700 grams up to now and still much more coming in. Will let you know about the final yield.

And thanks for the tip on tomatoes, I will try that in future.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 19:52
Originally posted by slowhand

great job!

Thanks Slowhand :-)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 20:03
Originally posted by sicklehand

sweet sticky jebus, id like to build a tree house in that outdoor monster and live in it great work OG

Haha thanks sickle that's actually a nice idea I just might do it %3c3cpprove

Originally posted by sicklehand

i feel i should inform the citizens of sensi land about meta data
meta data is information that is tagged on to digital photos it can contain GPS coordinates(depending on the camera) but it always contains info about your camera and computer and a thumb nail pic that is unaffected buy changes made to the photo(ie blurring faces) ok thats the bad news out of the way, time for the good news meta data can be easily removed buy downloading a striper, no not a a dancing girl, a small program that removes "strips" the info before you upload it.

be safe
sh

Totally agree. Metadata can really cause you trouble if you're not careful. Windows 7 has built in support for stripping metadata off images as well . you can access it by right clicking on the image (or a bunch of selected images), select properties. It is under the 'Details' tab as a link. I'm not sure if it supports GPS tags though.
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 04:04
that is a great result!
sounds like you are prepared for the winter... :-)

@sickle: thanks man for the info about metadata! could you recomend a specific a stripper software?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>