Greenhouse Grow: WL White Widow and White ICE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 12:53
haha yeah CK. And it's only from two plants. I moved the other two of to my outdoor garden! They're almost as large as these ones too.
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 13:58
nice plants and nice green house ! polycarbonat panels ?
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 14:16
Hi thanks breizh ganja. Yes 6mm 2-ply polycarbonate
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 17:48
not expensive and can take all forms ! but with time there is less and less translucidity(?!) than the glass. but i was interested by this.
question: by the bottom of the greenhouse;is there any green "weed plants" between the two polycarbonate ? (i heard this too) thanks and take some gooood green vibes from here ! you will have a hugh plant ! ;)
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 19:56
Thanks for the vibe I need it here.

Yes it is cheaper than glass. It is lighter and has better thermal insulation properties than glass of the same thickness (because it is hollow) and yes, it will go yellow eventually. But when? that depends on the quality of the anti UV coating. Normally between 5 to 20 years for worst to best quality. These ones are guaranteed for 10 years.

I did not quite understand the question. Do you mean weeds grow inside the PC sheets? I haven't experienced that. Neither here nor in commercial PC greenhouses I have visited. But I haven't seen really old ones.
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 05:56
I'm just glad I'm not the one who's going to have to trim all that, lol.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 09:52
lol Mel right now trimming is the least of my worries. A friend of mine has made a nice DIY electric trimmer + vacuum. I will borrow that when the time comes...
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 11:48
Trimming is a labour of love.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 17:55
Indeed it is SL xD

UPDATE:

It seems that my woes are finally over. I am pretty sure that the Ice is back in flower. And the WW looks like she intends to follow suit. A surprise, as we are now at peak daylight length!

It's too early to speak with any certainty. Will update again with pics.
dylmadness View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dylmadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 23:27
Hi, very nice plants,just thought I would say that I also have plants that tried to flower in mid to late spring.Early skunk,germinated in late December.Now back into veg,I trimmed the bud back to leafy nodes when I noticed them producing new leafy growth. I have to make sure they have plenty of air flowing around the poly tunnel as they have had some mold attack at the stem of two of the seven.The weather has been extremely wet and damp for June,the worst on record.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 03:43
Hi dylmadness,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Actually I was thinking of trimming the older leaves and buds a bit. Maybe a job for this weekend. The summers are hot and dry here, so to maintain a healthy level of humidity has been a bit of challenge and thankfully there are no signs of mold anywhere as of yet.

Some branches have decent smoke-able buds on them. I'll make sure those are harvested before flowering kicks in again. But with this humidity I will not bother to trim all of the buds, if that can be helped. Any thoughts on that?

Cheers

OG
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:02
Hi folks

Well I guess an update is long overdue.

Both ladies are now deep into flowering. Resin production has been phenomenal and the buds are numerous and large.

Here's a few pics taken earlier today, the ICE didn't have favorable light so most of the pics are from the WW:

ICE:

WW :

And here is an interesting looking cotyledon from a bagseed Sativa:

"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:08
Wow! Excellent work OG, Spears of bud everywhere, what more could a man ask for! Keep an eye on any yellow /brown/dying leaves in among the buds, they are a hot bed for mould and fungus.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:16
Looking good OG
Best of luck with the rest of the grow i'm sure you will be happy with the outcome.
Have a good day
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 17:20
Hey alecky
Thanks for the encouragement and advice man :-)

Luckily the humidity doesn't naturally go over 25% this time of the year here so the risk of mold is relatively low but I'm keeping the plants as clean as I can and an extractor is also  working around the clock.

Because of the re-vegging period my plants went through, they actually had a lot of foliage when they began to flower and they seemed to like shedding the excess leaves no matter how much I fed them. I keep a daily routine of clearing the yellowed leaves off the plants but I've not seen any sign of mold yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>