Super skunk question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 15:48
Nice looking plant Jackel, you obviously have some skills but that is no justification for your behavior.

As Ganja already explained, we are talking about hybrids here. Hybrids can produce physical and chemical characteristics resembling both their parent species/strains. One particular trait such as leaf shape, which as Ganja mentioned can even change throughout the life-cycle of the plant, should not be taken as a measure for predicting its other traits. That is unless you're familiar with the various phenotypes of the strain in which case you may be able to comment on a particular plant's other traits by how it looks or grows or smells or whatever. And BTW, your plants' overall shape are clearly Indica. I'm amazed how you fail to see it.

If you're not going to respect your seniors on principle, at least have the decency to do your research before you accuse a senior and well respected member of being misinformed or worse. Ganja may not be the breeder but that doesn't make him less of an authority on cannabis especially Sensi strains. Go take a look at his old posts in this forum, it is obvious that 9 years ago, when he first joined this forum, he already knew more about these plants and the dutch breeding scene than you or I know now, or probably ever will. And from what I can tell from my brief presence here, he's always been helpful to everyone. He certainly doesn't need the likes of me to back him up, but that shouldn't stop me from speaking my mind: He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

Best of luck in your grow,

OG
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 21:56
Originally posted by organicgrow

Nice looking plant Jackel, you obviously have some skills but that is no justification for your behavior. As Ganja already explained, we are talking about hybrids here. Hybrids can produce physical and chemical characteristics resembling both their parent species/strains. One particular trait such as leaf shape, which as Ganja mentioned can even change throughout the life-cycle of the plant, should not be taken as a measure for predicting its other traits. That is unless you're familiar with the various phenotypes of the strain in which case you may be able to comment on a particular plant's other traits by how it looks or grows or smells or whatever. And BTW, your plants' overall shape are clearly Indica. I'm amazed how you fail to see it.If you're not going to respect your seniors on principle, at least have the decency to do your
research before you accuse a senior and well respected member of being misinformed or worse. Ganja may not be the breeder but that doesn't make him less of an authority on cannabis especially Sensi strains. Go take a look at his old posts in this forum, it is obvious that 9 years ago, when he first joined this forum, he already knew more about these plants and the dutch breeding scene than you or I know now, or probably ever will. And from what I can tell from my brief presence here, he's always been helpful to everyone. He certainly doesn't need the likes of me to back him up, but that shouldn't stop me from speaking my mind: He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.Best of luck in your grow,OG

here here!!
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Jackel View Drop Down
Sensi Novice
Sensi Novice

Quote Jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 08:53
So because I disagree with someone, and I'm new to the forum I'm being disrespectful? Hmm
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2012 at 12:30
I didn't think it was disrespectful (though I appreciate the support, OG and CK).

It's just a waste of time to continue the exchange.
Whether or not you agree is irrelevant, facts are facts.

"I think A is B"
"It's not."
"I still think A is B"
"It's really not. here are several reasons why."
"I'm still not convinced."
"Here are those facts again."
"I'm still not convinced."
"Okay, be unconvinced. It makes no difference."
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2012 at 08:57
Originally posted by Jackel

So because I disagree with someone, and I'm new to the forum I'm being disrespectful? Hmm

I'm pretty sure that was not the message I intended to communicate. I apologize if I have sounded like that. I'm new to the forum as well.

Don't get me wrong, I have much respect for those who challenge authority. Without them progress would be even slower. But that doesn't mean any challenge to any authority by anyone must be accepted or respected.

You asked a technical question, and someone who is widely accepted as an authority, responded. You refused to accept his explanation but failed to share a greater wisdom, the way respectable challengers of authority do.

I believe what you failed to comprehend was the difference of perspective between you and Ganja. For example, you talk about showing 'your Sativas' as proof of your claim, and Ganja talks about 'true Sativas'. This little detail, which may even escape some people, shows there is considerable disparity between you two in terms of depth of knowledge.

It is considered good etiquette if you do a bit of research in a forum before making your first post, you know to familiarize yourself with the general nature of discussions and also with active members. I suspect you did not do that here; because if you had, you would have tried to make a stronger case when challenging someone of Ganja's caliber.

Anyway, I hope your plants stink so much that all your doubts about them being Skunks vanish. %3cmoking

Cheers

OG
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:29
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
mikearnill View Drop Down
Sensi Novice
Sensi Novice

Quote mikearnill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2012 at 08:35
These plant looks little similar to each other so that you have little bit confusion over it. I think it must be super skunk as you said you got it as skunk. You can ask and show yor plant to experienced gardener for better information.
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 15:39
just harvested some SS fem after 45 days on 12 12 perhaps i should have left it a couple more days but got little flys emerging from soil and leaf burn after i ceased feeding nuitruents . Its hanging up to dry now. Very pleased with the result. Next seeds are germinating now. I cannot complain about the quality. I was using good quality carbon filter with 4 plants and odour control was good so very happy with white label genetics. Just wondered if i could have avoided the leaf burn on the top colas as i would rather have smoked em lol
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 15:41
oh i forgot. Tried to upload the pics and told that had to reduce file size. That is a shame as we should be able to share the best quality pics. Will take some more on lower resolution when i manicure them
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2012 at 15:50
With a program like ACDSee, or an online image resizer, you can reduce the KB size of images without affecting their quality too much .

(have a look at this thread: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10918)
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12