Norther Lights - Yellow Leaves on the bottom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigKahuna View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigKahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norther Lights - Yellow Leaves on the bottom
    Posted: 02 May 2012 at 13:24
Hi there!

I'm new around here and sadly my first topic is what you can see by reading the title.

I am having some yellow leaves, on the bottom of the 2 bigger plants, and also what seems
to be some dead tissue from the plant.

From my limited perception after reading some info I've found scattered trough the web, I feel inclined to one of these reasons: 1- lack of Mg or 2-since I've used to spray a lot (besides watering/feeding them regularly), the water remained there and burnt under the lights

Can anyone help me diagnosis what is happening with my plants, please?

Even if it is my first crop and I'm aware I should expect losses, still it is hard to see them die.

Some infos:

Lights: 400 watts, 24/24
Distance of lights to top of plant: 1m20cm as per pictures
Strain: Northern Lights
Air: 2 vans, one to suck out the hot air and other to pump in fresh air
Water: tap (ph=around 7.3)
Feed: during this stage (vegetative growth) I've been using Biobizz's Bio-Grow (NPK=4.0/30./6.0 2ml per litre) and Bio-Heaven (NPK=0.91/0.18/0.24 2ml per litre)
Soil: Biobizz Light Mix (ph= 6.2)

Hope this info helps, please let me know if any other needed info is necessary and I will be happy to provide.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help, CHEERS!

%3c3c3c3cool
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 10:35
A pair or two of yeallow leaves at the bottom of a big plant is fairly normal. As plants get older, their original leaves start to go yellow and fall off.

If the yellowing is spreading upwards on the plants, affecting newer leaves, this is most commonly caused by a nitrogen deficiency.

We'd need to see photos of the plants to tell if there are other problems.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
BigKahuna View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote BigKahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:20
Thanks for the swift answer, Ganja.

I've added the pics now , failed on the previous posts.

Hope it helps more now, if any other info needed just ask

cheers!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:35
Okay, since the discolouration is in small, irregular patches (and looks to be brown as well as yellow), this is not N deficiency.

Your theory about water droplets causing burning is possible (though this is more common outdoors, when water drops magnify the sun). Indoors, grow-lamps are usually not powerful enough to burn plants, even when their rays are magnified.

If light-burn is the cause, there should be nothing to worry about - this amount of damage won't bother the plants, and if splashing is the cause, then further damage should be easy to avoid.

There's a chance this damage was caused by pests such as thrips (in which case it will spread to other leaves and should be treated with pyrethrum) or even a pH problem.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
BigKahuna View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote BigKahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 14:11
Thanks for keeping on the loop

Regarding the burnt trough water on the leaves, I've stopped the leaves spraying to see what happens

I also feel inclined towards PH and I'm changing from tap water to mineral water with a lower PH (assuming, if such needs arise, the logic that it will be easier to alter the PH from low to high rather than the opposite)

Cheers, I will post some pictures in some days to update the status
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 23:49
Changing your water is ok, but you still have to ph your water once feed is added before giving to the plant. Feed changes the ph of your water. You need to buy PH Up and PH Down as well as a PH test pen.

There is no need to mist your plants at all, even as seedlings. In fact, it can cause the leaves to stop transpiration, meaning waste products released through the leaves, like oxygen, are held in the plant. This could be why you're having issues as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply