Jabberwocky 52

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:16
Looking lovely sickle, whats the plan re the hedge? Are ya still going ahead with it? Hows the BB x GG#3, any pics?%3congue

The IA's look great too, i agree, i think autos are the way to go for us northern growers, ill reserve judgement though till we see how the "early" strains do. Next yr i might try white labels offerings, or with some luck ill be trying IA x BD.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:19
Hey your tomatos are flying along too, mine are minuscule in comparison!But they do have 2 sets of flowers on them.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:29
ill post some BBGG pics tomorrow, the hedge will be ehh different i might just lay them down and bush they out instead, the toms are getting there nowhere near as tall as the last few years though, ive taken cuts of both IA so it happening mate one way or another
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:33
Was going to ask ya about taking cuts of those, so i take it its possible?! Do do bring them back under artificial 18/6 or root them outside, i assumed if i took cuttings that they would just go into flower like the mother.

The timing is off now, but if i could keep the IA around till i get a male cali indica, id have a go at making some seed for next yr.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:38
im not a 100% sure from what i read it is possible at 24h light, i took them as a back up really if they fail ill germ the other two indoors and do it that way
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:14
received my 2 packs of freezeland bx with extra seeds in + 25 S.A.L freebies today, lots of auto afghan & freezeland crosses in the freebies happy days roll on next season lol.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 11:26
where do i start nothing about this grow has been straight forward first it was females showing as males, then the weathers shot to bits due to the jet stream moving meaning the south is getting the norths weather and now the freeze are flowering in june!! madness i tells ye, whats next the second coming of was his bollocks, you know, the magic man lol

anyway here some pix
the IA are coming along nicely in the greenhouse
a lot taller then id expected, the freeze are flowering but im thinking they will snap out of it hopefully!!

still no nutrients although if they
continue to flower they'll get some flower ferts

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2012 at 13:07
just wondering if any other northern outdoor growers are experiencing early flowering??? this strain has no auto in genes and by rights should be huge by now, any ideas on why this has happened low light levels? etc short of there being a mix up at the seed co which the owner assures me hasnt happened as he packed them him self im stumped, still ill make seeds from them just in case its a trait that will stick around
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 06:47
Hi mate the plants are looking good. no signs of flowering on any of mine, infact most have only started to show pre-flowers now. Are yours still flowering? 
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 09:55
hey bud, i think there snapping out of it they've gained a little more height but this could be due to flowering stretch i think that crappy weather we had a few weeks ago triggered them to flower, ill post some pix later today, one has started to produce resin and has a sweet pine smell a couple of males are beginning to flower too, so no hedge this year, the IA are creeping along and are on 10ml - 10lt flower feed so it shouldnt be long before i have some buds to post
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:02
heres some pix, the IA are on 5ml grow + 10ml flower nutrients,
the freeze are getting bigger and will get a blast of grow ferts in the next week as i think they've reveg'd

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:10
I don't think it's a huge problem, but that depends on how they progress.

I've heard a few reports of what might be early flowering this year, though at this stage it's hard to tell if it's just pre-flowering (maybe more vigorous than normal).

It could also be  temporary reaction due to the strange weather we've had this season. Photoperiod is the main influence on flowering in normal plants, but they definitely take cues from other environmental factors such as heat, humidity, rainfall, etc. The rapidly changing spring/summer may have caused some plants to react as though the season is reaching its end, but I'd expect them to return to normal growth if the weather evens out a bit. This reaction to an unfavourable growing climate can also trigger hermaphrodism/intersexuality. Plants reacting this way often reverts by themselves if conditions improve

A third option is that they have been triggered to flower and they'll continue to do so, finishing in the next couple of months. Not too likely, this one, as the days are still very long.

A fourth option is that they've been pushed too far into flowering to revert completely to veg growth, but the days are too long to allow them to flower normally. Again, this one isn't too likely, but I have seen plants doing both - the pistils at the flowering sites multiply slowly but steadily (not as fast as in true flowering), while the plants continue to grow, making the eventual full-sized buds longer and more staggered. Sativas tend to do this anyway, but it can look a bit odd on Indicas.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:16
hey sickle my outdoor plant has showed signs of being a lady,
i can see she looks like shes going into bloom,
ive just put her in a 15 litre pot incase she goes into flower
im new to this outdoor caper, so im just gona go with it
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:17
yours are looking mighty fine by the way mate
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 10:31
thanks G,CK, im hoping that they grow out of it and maybe ill get a hedge after all the buds that started to form are stretching out on two of them the others are not flowering at all so maybe ill use them for the hedge, im going to have to kill the males as they are chucking pollen already and concentrate on the IA X Black D
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>