Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Welcome to the Sensi Seeds forums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

are my pots too big?and if so...what should i do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
benabingi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote benabingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: are my pots too big?and if so...what should i do?
    Posted: 13 April 2012 at 22:45
hi.getting straight too it as i just wrote a huge post,and i vanished when i was half way through!!hahah
its my 1st grow.im growing early skunk(fem)
germinated my seeds
put into low peat content compost.(all 10 germinated)
put germinated seeds into aprox 3 inch across pots(is this too big?i feel it may be)(and they were covered with cling film)
put on window ledge with good sunlight and 9 of them broke the surface.
one of them had no leaves(it looked as if they had been there,but had been eaten?)its still alive,and looks healthy(well,as healty as a stalk with a quater of a leaf can look).
the other 8 are quite varied in size!
they have been above ground for nearly 2 weeks and the tallest is nearly an inch,and the smallest a centemetere.
ive been having to spray the compost every day to keep it moist.
really,what i want to know is....are the pots too big?if so,should i change them,or...any advice will be greatfully appreciated.
i dont know weather to appologize for this being too long winded,or for it being rushed!!hahah!
anyway,thanks in advance if ya can help me!
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 02:44
First, you have to get them under real light, the window sill isn't going to get it done.

2nd, stop spraying the grow medium every day. You have to stick to the wet dry cycle. Water the pots until you have run off then wait until the pot has lost 2/3rds of it's fully saturated weight before watering again. Stick to this rule until the day you harvest. No reason for the plant to push out roots if the water is always readily accessible.

You should also have a light breeze blowing on them continuously.

Good luck
benabingi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote benabingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 12:28
when you say "real" light,do you mean outside?ive got a home made greenhouse set up for when they get bigger.should i get them out there now?for a few hours a day?
thanks for the advice!%3cmile
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 15:43
No, I meant 24 hours under full spectrum bulbs (or 18/6 whichever you like). Small seedlings you could put in a cupboard with a couple of full spectrum cfls and a desk fan. Although, I think your problem with lack of growth is really coming from your daily waterings. Follow the wet dry cycle for the next week or so, you should see them start coming on.

I've never grown in a greenhouse, maybe someone else can chime in there, but I do know that the more natural light you can get them the better, so I would think, as long as temps and humidity are right in there, I'd move them out, once they start to come on a bit more.

Good luck.
benabingi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote benabingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2012 at 18:21
nice one buddy!ive taken it on board about the watering.will let ya know how its going soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply