HD's hopefully awesome 2nd grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 22:42
Originally posted by Jug Head

Hi HB! I've read you journal and your doing great buddy! The reptile looking leafs are the onset of shock and lockout. But no need to worry! You are right that it is a humidity/heat problem! Grow tents need air vented lighting. This is why you have to open the door! The correct environment in a grow tent is hard to maintain so a cooltube is a must in my honest opinion!

The set up goes...

carbon filter - fan - ducting - cooltube - ducting - exit vent.

This was the setup I used and vented the warm air to my bathroom! It would sort out your heat problem and help keep the humidity high.

I would also swap the bulb to hps from mh. They should pre flower on week 6, flowering is best after this. And umm I think that's it! Oh yeah check your ph of your water. Over water one of your pots and check the ph of the run off! This will give you an idea of whats going on in the soil and don't even consider giving them nutes until well into flowering! Big pots full of multi purpose will see them through veg. Add worm castings to the mix next time! And dont give them any dark in veg... lost growth time! If you give them 6 hours dark per night, in four days you'd have lost a days growth! And it is noticeable!

I think smoking a bowl before typing was a bad idea! Your doing great!

Jugs

Hey Jughead, thanks man, and for taking the time to tell us what you know.

I've looked into to cooltubes before, a real good thing I agree, but I'd have to upgrade my fan and filter and  my meagre growspace would be reduced a bit and etc. It's easier and much much cheaper just to open the door a little. For now.

I dont bother with all the PH stuff, if you're growing in soil you shouldnt have to, it's part of soil's appeal.
I'm keeping with the six hours dark in veg, I'm in no hurry. My understanding was that lights on - the plant stores energy and grows. Lights off -  the plant just grows, plus I get my high humidity period..

I'll try the worm shit though %3chumbs%20Up

%3cmoking

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 23:06
Originally posted by alsc

Hey HD, nice progress your plants are doing.
i also had the low RH problem (but didn't have the problems you are experiencing... maybe 'cause i was growing more hardy plants), have you seen on High Rolla's superskunk diary how he managed low humidity? (i think sarah louise adviced him to - with water and bandages... clever).
i was trying to gather more humidity by misting all the time... as soon as i stopped plants looked much better.. it was the wrong way to solve the low RH problem...
there's also a device called mist maker (you can find it in grow shops) not expensive (30 € for the small one) that should raise RH nicely.
anyways, i think we are lucky that our enviroments tend to have low humidity rather than high humidity... i hate mold! :-)
have a nice day

Hey al, thanks bud.

That's a good point about the hardiness of the plant you're growing. Last years Skunk #1 and Northern Lights didnt give a damn about my low humidity enviroment. And yeah I read that diary and I got the bandage in the water. I also stopped misting when I read it but that's when my droopy problem started, so I started misting again (along with some other changes) and they're much better. Maybe it's the crappy climate here in Scotland.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 23:14
Originally posted by sandy beach

King says it right with that  you must think before you move line!

You hardly move at all sandy, if movement was taxable you'd be exempt.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 23:50
A shoddy update

Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

Apologies for another MH tainted tent pic. Smiles at the back, Jack Flash #5 front left, White Widow front right.

Had quite a leap forward this week. The Smiles are going 12/12 tomorrow (currently 15-16 inches tall) and I may just do the same with the JF #5 which is 14 inches tall and very wide.

Anyone identify the pheno? It's very bushy so indica?

For the diary they are 37 days old and I'm baked, too baked to type anymore.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 15:57
Finally got a chance to take some pics out of the tent so here goes

Smiles at the back, Jack Flash #5 front left, White Widow front right

These are the Smiles, the tallest one is 25 inches

Pity they're both male

You weigh up the odds and take the chance. Bastard.

So that leaves me with just two plants. Here is the JF#5

which looks like it might exploit all the newly availible space, the width it is. It went 12/12 4 days ago and just got its first feed of grow nute.

This is the WW which has just gone 12/12 and had its first feed as well

So, ups and downs, strikes and gutters but being pragmatic I'll boost my yield with clones which I'll cut this week. Also, now I've a half empty tent, there'll be room to veg the clones without setting up more lighting. Positive thinking..
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 16:51
Bigger pots become a possibility too with extra space.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 16:56
Sometimes lady luck can be a bit of a bitch but she still could have treated you worse.
Good luck with the remaining two and the clones.
Have a good weekend.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 17:09
Originally posted by sarah louise

Bigger pots become a possibility too with extra space.

That's a good idea Sara, I might just do that. Plenty of space to train them if they get too big for the tent. If only I can buy them without being spotted for once.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 17:13
Originally posted by kph1966

Sometimes lady luck can be a bit of a bitch but she still could have treated worse.
Good luck with the remaining two and the clones.
Have a good weekend.

Thanks kp, it was always a gamble but nature won. Cant argue with that.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 21:30
Wee update to record the start of flowering

Jack Flash #5 to the left, White Widow to the right:

Both are around 24-25 inches.

For the diary, the JF has been in flower 5 days, the WW 1 day. They were a bit pale so I've incrementally increased the grow nute to 4ml/L which they suck up at a rate of 3L each every second day. It's now hot up in the attic.

I hate just having 2 plants, it's very wasteful with a square floor area

Doesnt matter where you position them, a third of the wattage is lighting the floor.

But the clones are on their way to fill some of the space

Just cut them 2 days ago so a bit of a wait yet to see if they take. I've a couple of seeds in reserve just in case.

And that does 'er for another week.

SuperDuper View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote SuperDuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 23:35
hello nice plants
my question is if they are now 25inch. do u have space to grow them i mean height
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 21:06
Originally posted by SuperDuper

hello nice plants
my question is if they are now 25inch. do u have space to grow them i mean height

Hi SD, and thank you.

I hope i got the space. I can reach 37-38inches (almost 1 metre) before I'd have to tie them down. The Jack Flash for example was 16 inches when it went 12/12, so I allowed for the plant to double in height plus a bit more. Hopefully my calculations turn out about right but you never can tell.
alsc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alsc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 17:18
hi HD, looking good!
too bad you only got 2 females... i might be in your same situation soon: only 3 of the 5 seeds i planted sprouted so far and they are all pure power plant. i will wait a little more and eventually get a couple of clones if i only remain with 3 plants (i want to have 4!).
too bad the iced widow i planted hasn't sprouted yet... i was curious about her... i'll give her some more days.

i will watch how you deal with setting up the space with the clones!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 15:39
Originally posted by alsc

hi HD, looking good!
too bad you only got 2 females... i might be in your same situation soon: only 3 of the 5 seeds i planted sprouted so far and they are all pure power plant. i will wait a little more and eventually get a couple of clones if i only remain with 3 plants (i want to have 4!).
too bad the iced widow i planted hasn't sprouted yet... i was curious about her... i'll give her some more days.

i will watch how you deal with setting up the space with the clones!

Thanks al

3 plants in a square space works pretty well, you get some wiggle room. 2 plants kinda sucks (inefficient) but 5 plants really sucks (far too crowded). I hope you get an iced widow though, just to see what it's like.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 16:19
Last Thursday:

This Thursday:

Jack Flash #5 to the left, White Widow to the right.

For the diary, we've reached Day 59. They are now 33-34 inches and the stretch is slowing, thank Christ. The JF has been in flower 12 days, the WW 8 days.

The JF I'll admit is the apple of my eye

It's impossibly green and has dozens of budsites like this

The clones look pretty much the same as last week, little if any movement but still as green. If all 4 grow I'll have to come up with a different flowering strategy as the 2 plants in the tent are already closely squished together. If the 2 plants that turned out male had been female, I'd really have a space problem now, so silver linings and all that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>