HD's hopefully awesome 2nd grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 20:55
Lookin real nice HD.
The bubble bags is goin to be my next purchase i,ve been lookin but not decided which to go for yet have you?
You have gotta be pleased with those plants are you?
Have a good evening.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 21:17
Hey guy's,

Just on the bubble bag front. If you can afford the extra go for Bubblebags over the cheaper ones.

I think the quality of the last lot i got was much better than any I've had in the past.
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 21:21
Thanks kp, and yes I'm very pleased with them, it would be one miserable bastard that could complain.

I'm just going to go with a cheap 3 bag job off of ebay to begin with, see how much hard work it is first.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 21:29
Hey,

There's next to no work involved, everything takes around 30mins, just buy an electric whisk.

I just googled bubblebags + ebay and this popped up.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/110902361443?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

You get 6 bags for under 30 quid.

Please don't get the 3 bag kits, it will mix up the 73 and 120 or worst 73 and 25. That might not make any sense, but trust me that's a bad thing :)

5 bag kit should be perfect.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 21:35
They're only one gallon bags mate. Think of the mess you would make.. I'll see you over on your bubble bag thread.
Jug Head View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Jug Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 11:00
HD! PULL THOSE BEAUTIFUL BITCHES! And with the bubble bags you only really need the thinnest bag. It's kind of pointless having all the different grades of hash. You can buy the bags individually! Trust me, the first bag might as well be a strainer! All bubble bags are made from the same shit! Print screen and plastic! At the end of the day all you want to do is get those crystals out of the water and Im sure you can do it without spending £50 - £100! Im going to butane my trim... and Im up to my eyes in it at the mo HD!

Jugs
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson -
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 11:55
Hey Jug Head,

Yeah that butane hash looks nice, a but to science project for me :).

I have spoke and sene a guy making gumbo hash, just uses the 220 bag, catches the hash, let's it settle, drains the water, then repeats a shed load of times, he ends up with a bloke of blonde.

About only needing one bag, the smallest? if he just uses the smallest bag 23u, then he wont get any hash? Or do you mean just use the large bag?

Mixing the hash? Not for me, I just got around 20grams, maybe 3 grams was face melt, the rest wasn't, it's all nice hash, but the 73's is extra special.

The bags cost 33.5 squid for a 5 bag 5 gallon, the amount of hash from the first run would cover any costs associated, then you still own the bags?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ice-Bubble-5-Gallon-X-5-Bag-Hydroponic-Kit-With-Carry-Bag-Press-Top-Quality-/110858499143?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item19cfae7447#ht_1064wt_1247
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 00:49
days away from glory HD fairplay
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 22:33
Originally posted by Jug Head

HD! PULL THOSE BEAUTIFUL BITCHES! And with the bubble bags you only really need the thinnest bag. It's kind of pointless having all the different grades of hash. You can buy the bags individually! Trust me, the first bag might as well be a strainer! All bubble bags are made from the same shit! Print screen and plastic! At the end of the day all you want to do is get those crystals out of the water and Im sure you can do it without spending £50 - £100! Im going to butane my trim... and Im up to my eyes in it at the mo HD!

Jugs

Ha ha, thanks man!

I'm still gonna buy a set of bubble bags, I want some of that 'face-melt' stuff that mellow got. Originally I was going to follow this method - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr0X-C2C_3g - but all that siphoning and shit, easier just getting some bubble bags.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 23:09
Originally posted by coverking

days away from glory HD fairplay

Thanks CK, although I try not to think about glory until the bud is in the jar. On Sunday for example, I had my usual blast before bedtime of Northern Lights (far superior to Nytol) and went up to the attic for the final plant check of the day. And the HPS hadnt come on. What?!

So it was plugged in and switched on but no light. I hoped it was the plug fuse so I changed that and nothing. The ballast must be fucked, aaarghhh... So there was nothing else to do but go to bed and leave my babies in darkness like they had been for the last 12 hours. I didnt sleep well at all.

So in the morning I went up to the attic, half hoping that it may have started working again during the night but of course it hadnt, and had another look at the ballast, and it's plug  had a red fuse holder unlike the the plug I'd changed the fuse on the night before which was actually an unused extension plugged in beside the ballast. Of course, when I changed the fuse in the ballast's plug it worked. From now on I'm doing the plant check before the Northern Lights.

Edit: and yes I'm checking for nanas etc but it doesnt seem to have fazed the plants at all.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 23:55
Beautiful plants HD, they look fantastic. I think another week would see them swell up a bit more. Great job man.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 21:11
Originally posted by alecky

Beautiful plants HD, they look fantastic. I think another week would see them swell up a bit more. Great job man.

Thanks alecky!

Well another week has passed, shall update in a bit.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 22:05
Last weekend:

This weekend:

......................................... Jack Flash #5 ............................................................. White Widow 

After 53 days in flower the WW isnt far away

Gonna start flushing it tonight.

The JF is ready.

I took a test bud yesterday to make sure it had some potency. It does.

So if it's ready why is it still standing you could reasonably ask.

Because it's not.

Here it is shorn of fan leaves and non-sticky bits

And into the drying cupboard

That took 104 days from breaking the soil to harvest (57 days flowering.) It was 12/12-ed at 16 inches (40cm), it's finished height was 38 inches (97cm) and, in my limited experience, it was the easiest plant to grow I've ever grown. 

The clones now fit in the tent so in another 8 weeks or so there'll be another shitload to come, hopefully.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 22:15
Sound, looks nice mate. Give us a smoke report when your ready, I'm about to crack 5 of them :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2012 at 22:26
Originally posted by mellow

Sound, looks nice mate. Give us a smoke report when your ready, I'm about to crack 5 of them :)

Cheers mellow! Smoke report shall be done, the sooner the better.

Looking forward to see what phenos you get. Are you gonna proper diary your progress?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>