Wish me luck[i think i will need it]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish me luck[i think i will need it]
    Posted: 01 March 2012 at 15:54
Hello all
So here goes my first ever grow and already i am having problems just 5 days from germination.
Three white label super skunk fem,Two are doing fine but one is really drooping her head and looking really sorry for herself.Propped her up a bit and tried to get her face to point towards the light as it was stood up straight apart from the top centimetre.they were all stood about 2 inches high so any ideas why she is shying away from the light?
Their under a 105 watt cfl which is about 4 inches above the top of the plants.
I have just put a oil filled radiator in with them as night temps were dipping to 9C as it is in a out building but dueing the day with the lights on it has been as high as 28C,Do you think this is what has caused her to start to wilt?
Their in a area i have set up for veg and then will be going in a 1.2 x 1.8 tent under a 600 watt hps dual spectrum bulb for the last two weeks of veg[if i make it that far] and then flower.
I will try and post some photos up within the next couple of days if i can suss out how to post photos.
Is there a tutorial or could someone give us a clue how to put pics on as i have been searching but cannot seem to find anything a bout it.
Cheers and all have a good evening.....
Live and let live
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2012 at 16:34
hi kph, good to see you going for it.
no mention of a fan? or air flow could be a bit much in there with a heater, drying things out a little and a fan at your stage is vital in making your girls strong. creating the mother nature scenario is the tricky bit, for photos go into a picture editing programme on your pc and resize within the size on sensis upload page it tells you beneath the upload box. good luck,,,CK
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 00:06
Hello cover i hope everything is hunky dory with you.
I don't know what the problem is with the little critter as the other two seem to be doing very well [but then again what do i know]
I have a 4 inch TT extraction fan and a 8 inch ossolateing fan next to a vent for air intake.
The oil filled radiator has a therostat which will only kick in once lights go out and temps drop below 20C.
Will just have to wait and see what happens with her.
Oh well i can but try and hopefully lady luck will be kind to me but that said the last time i bumped into her she kicked me in the nuts.
You have a good evening and thanks for the reply.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 12:21
hey Bud,

well as cover said it sound like the plant is drying out?

Well for babby's i thinkj there are 2 main reasons they fall over.

1st is not enough water(they'll keel over as adulkts as well)

2nd is not enough asirflow(ossilating), I started off my last lot with out a fan, the top leave was to heavy for the stems and a few keeled over. I put some toothpick to soport them and carried on as noraamal.

I was told at the time though, if any plant keels over, then leave it to stand up on its own.

T^his time i had 2 what i'd let dry reighgt out, they keeled over but know they are both fine, even though they're a little streched.(if you look at my grow blog, you can see them lyeing down.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 13:17
Hello Chris i hope you are well.
I have so much to learn and i will try and do so but i don't know if this damaged old bonce is capable but i always like a challenge.

Two are fine or seem so to me but the other one is a proper runt of the litter and if it survives i will name it Lazarus but seen as i am a atheist i do not believe it is going to happen.
Still need to get my head around being able to put photos on threads i have uploaded them to open in my file manager but from there on i do not have a clue.
I have only been using a computer for about 4 years after my son showed me how to switch it on i have taught myself through trial and error but mainly error.But i cannot really ask him for help as he's only 12.

You have a good day and thanks again for the advice      
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 14:15
This is how i upload images.

Right click, your desk top, select "new folder".

Plug in your camera and cut and paste the images into the folder you have created.

move the mouse icon over the images to see how big they are, if you take them on the cameras best setting you'll need to resize them.

Right click the image on your desk top, select open with, paint should be an option. If not open paint, then open the image through paint.

there is a buttom called "resize" its top leftish, I resize mine 20%, the idea is that the image will be under 250kb file size, so for you it might be resize to 10% or 30%, have a play about with it.

So once the images are on your pc and the right size, you click the diagonal arrow in the sensi text box.

Then there is an icon of a tree, click that. You can then chose your image by looking in desktop for the folder you created, job done.

If you get stuck message me, i'm in today.
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2012 at 20:50
as mellow said lol
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 05:20
Good luck kph %3chumbs%20Up
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 10:50
Hello and thank you Sarah,
I hope everything is rosie in your neck of the woods.
I will post some photos in a few days when there is a little more to look at.
Thanks again Chris for taking the time to educate this old head.
All have a good day.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2012 at 12:51
Anytime bud.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 12:00
Hello all here are a few pictures of my first ever grow.Two super skunk feminised from white label 10 days after breaking out of the ground.
I have been struggling a bit with the range in temperatures but seem to have got things under control.
I also fear i may have been over watering what do you guys think from the evidence in the pictures?

Sorry about the quality of photos but i need a camera upgrade.
Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks and all have a good day
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 12:16
Hey, they don't look to bad at all for your first grow.

I take it that is soil not coco? I've no idea really about soil, still trying to learn coco, lol.

I did have that burnt leaf thing on my first grtow, but they grew out of it. Just keep your eye on temps, airflow watering etc and you'll be fine.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 12:20
hmm the trouble your having could be cold related, at cold temps nutrients become unavailable to the plant but i read you have a heater in there now so time will tell on that one, also ph swing could explain the leaf markings you have. have you given them any fertilizers them yet?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 13:12
Hello Sickle i hope you are well.
I have managed to stabilise the temps now and they are rangeing from 27 to 18 ish and i have been giving them rain water that has been sat in the grow area to warm it up as to not shock them with cold water.
I have not given them any nutes yet as i thought they were a little young yet or am i wrong on that?
I have a oscillating fan that was also buffering them about quite a bit and was thinking they may have been suffering a bit of wind burn but being a complete novice i do not know what do you think?
Its very worrying being my first grow and my arse has already eaten a few pairs of undies worrying that i am doing something wrong that could kill them.
I must admit they do seem to have come on well over the last few days as i was thinking a few days back that they seemed to be under developed for their age.
Thanks for the feed back and you have a good day.
Live and let live
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2012 at 13:40
hey kph most composts have enough nutrients in them for at least 4 weeks so i wouldnt feed till then. if the new growth is growing fine then alls good. if you have the fan pointed directly at your babys then its possible to burn them its better to have it blowing above them or on ossilate    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>