Wish me luck[i think i will need it]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 23:19
Fat lady's,

I was gonna do a 2 part crop before, in the end i decided against it.

Them plants are real bushy, I think they'll crop very well :).
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 10:32
Morning Mellow i hope everything is sound with you.
I have read about people doing 2 part crops but they never go into any great detail about the technique so i am a bit wary of doing it but that does not mean i'm not going to do it.
My last grow one of the plants was a tad bushier than these and the amount of lower buds that i just put in with my trim as they were just to small really to do anything else with was unbelievable.
I will continue looking about for any more info i can gather on the subject.
Have you done it before or was it your first time,contemplated it,then decided against it?
You have a good day.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 14:24
Hey,

I've never done it.

I have kind of done a two stage harvest, well I've had bud rot before, so i chopped off the tops and kept the rest in the tent for a couple more weeks and she didn't notice it at all, if anything the lower buds increased in size.

But that was chopping off the top without giving a flush. with adding a flush then I don't know if they'd be fine or not?

Have you decided what to do?
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 14:47
Afternoon Mellow i hope you are well.
The amount of lower tiny buds is unbelievable so i think i will be going for a two stage harvest and probably remove about a third of the plant with the first cut.
I do not think it can do any harm to give it a whirl as otherwise the majority will end up in my trim again.
A few more weeks to go yet and i expect these to yield well they are roughly 40 inches tall and probably 30 wide and if i can get the lower buds to put on a little weight while i dry and manicure the first cut i think i will be very happy with the final result.
I need to be getting up towards the gram per watt otherwise i need to be changing things again but if i can have a dozen clones ready i still aim to grow twelve next time and compare yields.
You have a good weekend.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 15:27
Up to you bro, I chickened out, so I wouldn't expect you to. But if your gonna do then I'll happily sit back and watch, lol.

organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 19:36
Hey 66 , I recently chopped down my plants in two stages and here's what I did, I don't know if it was the best thing to do, but it was what I thought I should do:

I flushed and stopped feeding a week before earliest possible harvest according to trichs and pistils, then harvested about 40% off the top of the plants, then fed the plants for ten days, flushed again, watered a week, harvested the rest.

I am inclined to say I am happy with the results: The airy buds on the bottom had definitely fattened up some in between the two harvests, the large buds had gotten even larger.

On top of that, the workload for each harvest/manicure session was halved; which was a relief as you can imagine and also the two batches from the same plant give noticeably different highs; the first ones are more energetic while the subsequent ones are of a more narcotic type, I like them all.

Best of luck my friend

EDIT: Mind you, I did this in peat moss. Feeding-wise, it is a bit different from DWC because of peat moss' ability to store a small amount of nutrients in itself and release it after the flush. This means the window between your flush and harvest should be smaller by a couple of days in my opinion.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 20:22
Hello OG i hope you are well.
One reason apart from the hope of a yield increase is a bit of a break in the trimming as it does get a bit tedious in the bottom of bushy plants.
I cannot imagine haveing to trim up all that of yours it must be a bit daunting to look at all that knowing you have all that labour in front of you.but needs must.
You have good weekend
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 20:38
Yes leaving the bottom buds to fatten up makes sense in that regard as well, makes the extra effort worth it somewhat. For me, the majority of the bottom buds still ended up in the hash bin eventually, but what I kept from the bottom had gone from mediocre to good quality bud. The trim was quite the ordeal though. I had three friends helping me and it still took us four 8-hour sessions to get the job done. Another 6 hours has been spent on hash making up to now and only a third of the trim has been processed. But the yield is quite impressive both for hash and for dried bud.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 20:50
I wish we had a better climate here for outdoor grows but the summers are becoming worse year after year.
Did you use bubble bags for the hash or some other method?
I need to get my self some bubble bags so i can have some nice hash for over Christmas.
Have a good weekend and i look forward to your final conclusions on your grow in your diary i'm sure it will be very interesting reading.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2012 at 21:25
Yes I use bubble bags for hash, I got a nice big ball of scissor hash from the trimming sessions as well %3co%20high

If you don't mind a bit of manual labor and some icy cold water, I do recommend bubble bags; considering how much they have saved me in hash expenses during the past two years I would say they are one of the best purchases I have ever made %3chumbs%20Up

Thank you for your interest in my grow, after hash making is done and the buds are completely dried and cured I will update my diary with final weights and smoke reports.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 12:21
Hello i hope all of you had a good weekend.
Weekly update.
White label super skunk using advanced nutes in DWC.
42 days since flipping to 12/12.

They seem to be starting to pack a bit of weight on now so hopefully by the time chop time comes around in probably a fortnights time they should give me a decent yield.
As always any thoughts are more than welcome.
All have a good day.
Live and let live
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 10:41
Hello i hope everyone had a good weekend.
Well another week goes by.
White label super skunk 49 days 12/12 in DWC using advanced nutes.

Nearly there,sorry about picture quality but i still need to get myself a better camera but that is way down my buy list.
I intend to chop in another week or so 56 - 60 day mark.
All have a good day.
Live and let live
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 10:58
Beeeeautiful 66, right get the kettle on ill round in a min
to help you polish them off lol
top work
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 11:26
Hello SH i hope you and your back are well.
I have high hopes that these will be getting up towards the gram per watt mark.
If you lived closer you could pop round for a brew any time and educate me about all things cannabis related.
You have a good day and thanks.
Live and let live
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 14:30
mmmm yummy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>