Wish me luck[i think i will need it]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 12:31
Hello i hope everyone had a good weekend.
White label super skunk 28 days since flip and their starting to fill out a bit and are starting to frost up nicely.
They range in height from 35 inches to 38 inches and seem to be quite healthy looking up till now so fingers crossed they carry on doing well.
I really need to get my next set of clones ready but my mother doesn't look so healthy as we were away for a week and i think she dried out a little to much as she is a fair size.
One of the major changes i have made on this grow is not changing the water in the buckets but just topping them up and they seem to have thrived because of it but it remains to be seen if i get any issues with the plants because of this.
As always any advice is much appreciated

All have a good day.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 12:47
Hey bud,

Looking nice.

What do you mean about the buckets? The thing your using to feed them or the trays under the pots?

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 13:05
Morning Mellow i hope your good.
The bucket the plants are sat in as they are DWC rather than changing the ressovoir [the nutes in the buckets] i have just been topping them up with fresh nutes.
I think the issue i may of had with my first grow was the change of the water tempreture when changing the nutes shocking them a bit.
Well whatever it was these seem to be doing a lot better.
You have a good one
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 13:08
Oh yeah, DWC :), lol.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 20:15
No worries mell happy tokin.
I,ve been blitzed since harvest time too.
Live and let live
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 04:27
Looking great man, she's a monster!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 10:48
Morning Al i hope all is good in eire.
Donegal all ireland champions eh.
As you know i am one for trying different things and so if i grow any as bushy as this in the future i think i will prune a lot of the foliage to allow a little more light through to the lower parts of the plants.
The top plant is drinking about 12 litres a week and the other two are taking about 8-9 so i think they are gonna end up a descent size i just hope i don't have any problems between now and harvest.
You have a good week
Live and let live
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 11:50
Originally posted by 1966

Donegal all Ireland champions eh.

Nuff said.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:13
Yeah they had a great game, well deserved win.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 12:56
Hi '66

I'm following your work with great interest as DWC is a kind of setup I can easily implement is my space and am considering it for a future grow. You have done an excellent job in your latest grow and I'm quite sure that the next one will be even better.

The idea of topping up the nutrient solution as opposed to completely changing it makes sense as I believe plants generally respond to gradual changes much better than they do to sharp ones. But you have to be extra careful with the nutrient solution to avoid accumulates over time.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 17:08
Hello OG i hope everything is hunky dory with you.
I do check the ppm and ph every couple of days and if the ppm is to high i just adjust it with plain water to the required level.
Changeing the res every week and the high tempretures on my first grow accounted i think to a little of a smaller harvest than would of been the case.
Have a good day.
Live and let live
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 21:16
Is is indeed a smart move to keep a close watch over your pH and EC (ppm). It can save you from a lot of trouble and also keep your ladies thriving constantly. However, those measurements do not tell the whole story about what is going on in your nutrient solution and therefore should not be the basis for abandoning reservoir changes altogether. Still I would try to keep the reservoir changes to an absolute minimum.

And BTW if plants are given the proper nutrients at the proper time, they can withstand a variety of environmental problems such as high temperatures with little change in their growth rate. For example, during hot days the plants' need for Potassium increases; if that need is met, they will tolerate the heat easily otherwise they will start to show signs of stress. These types of nutrient solution manipulation techniques are especially easy for hydro growers to implement and are really simpler than they sound. For example, a small bag of SOP (Sulphate of Potash) is dirt cheap and is a great source of highly soluble and readily available Potassium and Sulfur and is very useful in situations where you need to increase only the Potassium content rather than increasing the dosage on your whole feed which will probably not have the same effect.

Sorry for the long post, you seem to be the type of person who likes to experiment and I admire the attitude so I will try my best to assist you should you decide to try new things.

Cheers
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2012 at 21:47
Thanks OG.
I was not planning on not changing the res altogether just about every 4 weeks as they are 30 days 12/12 and seem to be doing well.
What i will do is get the temp of the refill as close as possible to the one being replaced.
God knows i need assistance with just about everything i do being as thick as a plank.
Thanks again and have a good evening.
Live and let live
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 12:24
Hello i hope everyone is good.
White label super skunk 35 days of 12/12 grown in DWC using advanced nutrients.
All seems to be going good so far and they seem to be putting on weight steadily.
One question for those of you that have tried it but is it possible and worth while to harvest a plant in stages? taking off all the top and side mature buds and so letting more light get to the smaller buds that are lower or buried under the denser foliage?

As always any advice is much appreciated.
All have a good week.
Live and let live
Lahori-Munda View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Lahori-Munda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 20:01
Nice plant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>