Wish me luck[i think i will need it]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 18:14
Hello Mellow i hope everything is good with you.
Well i am nearly there now and i can not wait,another 10 days or thereabouts and i will hopefully be able to sample some home grown bud.
Now it will be the trimming and drying of the buds that will be the next bit of the learning experience.
Have a good weekend.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:20
Hey Buddy,

My first couple of runs, I would have sworn blind that a 10 day plain water to run off is ideal. But the last couple of runs, 4 days and they are yellowing so I've cropped them and they've been fine.

I think as long as they aren't dried out too fast then they will have a decent flavour.

I'm cropping myself tomorrow :), what i do is take off the branches, trim the fan leaves off, then hang them, then hang whats left of the main stem, seems to work fine. once dried i take off all the trim :)
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:25
Originally posted by 1966

Hello CK.
Yeah i've read that and was thinking of doing it but have watched loads of vids using bubble bags and for the price of them its not worth the hassle imo trying to source the material.
Have a good weekend.

hello mate true, he did make the post some time ago,
its worth getting the bags, but you never know
some folk have the stuff just lying around
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:28
seen those mellow they do look good i dident price them,
i like kph would most prob use 2 gona look into it before
i buy a set
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:41
yeah there's probably a lot nicer hash to be made, other than the bags.

But the bubble sends ya to the moon, and it's real easy to make.

Trust me when I say pay an extra 5er or what ever to get the 5 bags, run it through with 2 till you want to try to split it :)

coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2012 at 23:43
thanks mellow good man
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 11:04
Morning guys i think i may be right in saying that Alecky uses a dry screen hash system so maybe you could elaborate about your technique Alecky but i would not know a shop local to me were i could get the screen material.
I'm flushing them for so long Mellow as i have read in several places that if you feel they have been over fed which i think i have with these you should give them about a week of a flush.
Their mother that i am flowering and in soil is yellowing up and she is still being fed but like i said i think she is a good week behind the two DWC even though they were flipped at the same time.
The two DWC will probably get the chop mid week as they have already had a few days of just ph'd water.
Have good weekend lads.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 11:43
Hey,

Sorry I should have been clearer about the flush, what I meant was just play it by ear, if they are yellowing after a couple of days, then stop, if not keep going. I did flush a plant for 11 days, and she didn't yellow at all, cropped her and she was nice.

You can buy the hash screens from the same place as the bags, KPH, there will be a shop near you, somewhere.

If you are near a city, then defo. They sell all this stuff in headshops, not hydroshops.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2012 at 23:32
Hello Mellow i hope your havin a good weekend so far.
Yeh i always play things by ear,been flushing for 3 days now and no noticeable change so far.
What would be the correct title for a headshop? as i don't think it will be in the yellow pages or on google under that heading.
I used to go to a shop years ago for mesh gorse for my pipe and to stock up on months worth of skins at a time but i think it is long gone.
Have a good evening.
[Edit] just googled it and it did in fact direct me to my nearest shop,don't you just love the web.
I will go in for a mooch the next time i'm in the vicinity.
Live and let live
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 17:10
Hello all i hope everyone is well.

White label feminised super skunk grown in dwc with advanced nutrients.
When checking on the plants Sunday night i noticed my air pump for the two little ones had packed up so i ended up felling them a little earlier than i would of liked on Monday morning making them53 days of 12/12.
Dried them to 25% of their original weight and have ended up 102 grams off what were only 22 inch high plants, so all in all as a test run they give me a good idea what i can accommodate in my flower area and what i can expect in yield.
Will be having my first smoke of it tonight so that should be very interesting.
Still got their soil grown mother to cut this weekend and she will have gone 61 days by then and i am looking forward to her.
Itching to get my next lot of clones into 12/12 now.
Sorry about the shitty pics i will have to get a better camera but i need a new air pump first.

All have a good weekend.
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 19:34
nice, so are they dry?

Good yield from the little ones if they are :)
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 20:24
Hello Mellow i hope everything is good with you.
I weighted several buds and the colas when freshly cut and then checked them daily until they were a little less than 25% of their starting weight but they dried a bit quicker than i expected at just over 4 and a half days.
In a couple of hours i will get to test my first home grown and i am really looking forward to it as its been a long time coming.
Have a good evening
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 21:12
Hey bud,

Enjoy your smoke :).

wait till the bud is dry before putting it in canning jars. Try to leave the bud alone for at least 2 weeks(not the one ya smoking), just a quick daily check of each jar.
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 12:21
Morning Mellow.
Its not quite dry enough yet so the final yield i guess would be around 90 grams but the smoke i had of it last night left me more of a slavering idiot than i usually am,stoned to feck and well worth all the effort.
I only used up roughly half the space that is available in my tent so this next run i will probably run ten plants all in dwc and flip when their about 18 to 24 inches,well thats the plan any way.
Just waiting on my new air pump and i will be felling the largest one tomorrow which i am looking forward to but i must admit i never imagined the trimming of the buds would be such a tedious job.
I am feelin a bit brain slapped this morning.
Have a good weekend
Live and let live
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 12:42
I take the fan leaves off, let em dry, then trim off the trim. And you are right it's a ball-ache. I've worked it out that I trim about an oz per hour, lol.

About the flipping height, I always said to people flip them at 12", but i never measure my plants, I now know that I must veg them to at least 18" so I think that's a good plan.

Your bud will improve in flavour over the next couple of days, as it gets the shite out of the leaves.

And the fact it Knocked ya for 6 doesn't suprise me, even the weekest bud I've grown has been better than the local shite.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>