Sensi SS and Big Budha BC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 11:20
hows it goin chris mate! they beefing up yet, ive found with BB cheese crosses they eventualy bump out real quick etc freezecheese 89 cheesy dick bubble cheese i havent grown blue cheese but ive smoked loads of it. the cheese flavour is there, and so is the fruity berry so it isent a bad smoke at all in fact good. im interested in your SS mate hows that doing the last one grew tall is it a lanky strain ive topped mine hoping too again,,CK
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 13:40
Hey Cover,

Ok, The last(big) SS I grew was a freak. I sent some to jonnyshope as he grew out 10 and he said total different taste to his? It had a blueberry twist.

So I got 4 ss on the go now, basically one has stretched She is about 6foot in her pot or 5 foot something, thing is her stem isn't very thick so we'll see what she gives, about three i rercon. the other 3 are 3 times shorter and quite beefy. Even though they look like they are quite beefy, I just hop I can pull 3 off each of them, but to be honest I'm thinking more like 2 as they are only2 foot plants.

I'm not feeling the smell of the bluecheese's, I hyad some smoke about 2 years ago, that must have been blueberry? All i know is it was a really danky blueberry smoke, that's what I was hoping for. My best 3 are BC's for looks and yield so far.

I'll wack up a couple of photo's, later.

I have deiced on my nest grow to top and trim, I think it's about time, lol.
The reason I didn't was cause on my first grow, people were saying you'll be lucky to get 2oz from each plant and I smashed that, so it's held me back.

If anyone's still reading, I've got a big problem, as you may know I've had mold issue's.

I completely re sorted my grow out and this time I have made sure that the humidity is never over 50 is the dark period.

I gavce them a feed last night and one of the tall BBBC's the frecking albino one, had a brown leaf on the main cola, it looked like the start of rot to me, so i cut it out.

Am I right in thinking that this is a airflow(ossilating fan) problem? cause the plants are so big the tops not really getting a brezze, I have a 16" fan blowing on them from about 12" away, but the tops don't move really.

Should I move the fan up and not worry about the middle of the plants were all the bud is?

Ok the other thing is from the other side of the tent.

My bloody tower fan, that was beasty started to go really loud after 2months or so, so I fired it off and put in a little 9'' fan, cause they are all under the parabolic, the air gets blown around nice.

Anyway, one of the two plants that are closest the hairs on the buds are burning? not the top bud but lower ones?

I also noticed a couple of springtales in her run off?

Anyone got any advice?

How long was that , lol. That's what you call the first joint of the day text.
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 15:12
lol i think keeping things low within your fan range would help in future mellow, cant you bend her/them down so you could even things up. you must have your parabolic pretty high for the ss to get a look in how far is canopy penetration, i havent got a scooby? but in theory if you brought down your tallest by bending and tie'ing you could reach everythig air flow wise, set it all up nicley and probebly get even more bud than you said you would settle for in the process. even coverage is what ive learned over my grows if somthing takes off into the horizon you either accomadate or compensate lol or just shout Ganja realy loudly
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 15:38
Hey cover,

Yes I was thinking of bending her down.

I have got the tall plants under an adust a wing, i doubt they'd fit under the para.

The smaller plants I have raised up to the light.

The way I have my room set up is that the 2 tallest plants lower fan leaves get light from the parabolic.

Here's one i made earlier, tony heart I'm coming for ya!!!!

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 16:37
So, it's been 4 weeks today since I switched to 12/12 so 28days.

I'll start with the lancky plants under the adustawing.

They are all between 135-140cm from the tops of the pots.

I also have a Small SS under that light too, raised up.

The Fan in the back ground is a 16"" one so it gives you an idea of their size.

The plant in the center is the one with the yellow.

Anyone grew these before? Cause I just fely the yellow leaves and they felt wet, not firm like her and the others green ones. The humiditys at 40. Has anyone grew these before she seems like shes going to get mold and I'm thinking of pulling her. Or at least cutting off all the yellow parts?

Her main cola, tall SS in the back ground

This blue cheese I'm liking, she's starting to frost up nice, although it's hard to tell on this photo.

The other tall BC, SS back ground.

You can see her frosting more in this one though

The little SS I got under the adust a wing.

Ok so on to the plants under the parabolic. There's 2 SS the others are BC, see if you can spot them. These plants are between 80 -95 cms. 80 being the little one directly under the lamp, the ones around the outside are roughly the same height.

This cold weather has let me get my lamp quite close.

The SS nicking some rays

sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:01
looking great mellow, i love it when the buds spiral up the stem like on the blue cheese it reminds me of a firework for some reason. cant wait for the pre-harvest pics
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:04
Cheers mate, I think as long as i can get a mold free harvest I'll be happy, lol.
Melvan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:11
I think your monster plant might just need some N. You're about 30 days in right? Those first couple of weeks on 12/12 she was sucking up all the N she could get.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2012 at 17:25
Hey Melvan,

Yep 28 day from light switch.

Why do you think they need more N? The yellow plant is an albino or something, you mean that one?
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 16:41
So I'm a bit gutted.

I have been plagued by mold in the past, so I completely revamped my grow, put on large extraction fans etc. I have kept my humidity lower than recommended around 30-40, put the heating on at lights off ect to keep the humidity down, temps up etc?

The plant that is an albino has started to get some mold, the leafs that are yellow are some how more susceptible. I cut off the tip of her main cola, and a couple of leaves(gutted).

See I have never seen it this early before, I thought that the mold, started at the leaf stem and works out, but these were brown in the middle off the leaf working outwards.

So I was looking for some opinions please. Should I keep her in there and keep an eye on her? Pull her early? Go and chop every yellow leaf off her and an suspect leaf?

If I leave her in there, even keeping an eye on her, she'll probably infect the others, then it's a race to get em finished, the longer it takes the more you lose. I'm also out off bud in the next 2 weeks, so pulling her early might not be a bad idea.........................Help please
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 16:58
how longs left chris.. id leave it in there and cut the mold off it then try get it as early as you can off the others.. no mold for me this time tip wood :)..

that reflector wing looks the shit :).. i see your fan is just sitting on the ground blowing into the bottom of the plants, how well does that work? dont think its to good to have such a big fan so close blowing directly onto them ? what temps are under the wing.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 17:05
Hey billy,

The fan has been raised by 2 foot and put on setting number 2. It's a 16" fan, the 9" one burns buds, but this one displaces more air, but less direct.

Temps under the adust a wing have been from 20C-25C at max temp(lights on). 20 was the cold snap, last night it was 24C.

This is what i think, beacuase they ended up 6foot, the fan was blowing on there belly and neglecting there head, letting it get stagnant, producing mold.
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 17:19
yes thats what i was thinking, not much air getting to move around the buds.. hopefully its not to bad.. nearly killed me last time getting mold..

would you reccomend the reflector looks good
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:28
Hey,

Right so i thought i'd give you an update on how the lady's are coming along.

So I have 2x SS and 3xBC under the adustawing and 2xSS and 4xBC under the parabolic. Well half of the Big SS under is under the parabolic as well and one of the BC's.

IMO, the parabolic is a much better shade than anything else i've used. I wish i had the space to use one for veg cause they'd be great.

Jorge cervanats recons the para's are best for veg and the adust are best for flower, I disagree, lol. I'll weigh up at the end and see whats what.

Ok so the plant that has the yellow leaf or whatever, well i cliped her top bud off cause i was paranoid about mold, anyway no sign of mold as yet and i probably wasted what would have been a 1/4, but hey ho.

The SS and 2 of the BC's are 5'10"ish in there pots, they've streched, but i still recon they'll give more than the fat 1 meter plants, anyway enough rammbling(bubble hash), here's some photo's.

2x bC under the adustawing, the one on the left is about done, couple of weeks at best. The one on the right's stem is ultra thin, but she looks like shes gonna yeild, I've had to tie her to a cane.

Here's the top half of the SS that streched, she's so tall in a 2meter tent, she gets side on light, lol. Even so, she's starting to put on some weight and she'll be fine. All her lower branches are under the parabolic, she takes up one plants space.

So this is the other SS under the adustawing, she's 76CM so my shortest plat, think she's wider than tall, lol. I've got her raised up about 80cms?

Ok, so on to the plants under the para, the smallest is 80ish, the tallest is 115cm's.

Here's the first SS under the para

The the bigger one, just.

So there they are, they arn't the best things i've done, but they'll do......
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2012 at 21:34
excellent stuff mellow im liking the look of those especialy the SS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>