ventillation through chimney

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ventillation through chimney
    Posted: 22 January 2012 at 19:32
I have found it to be a good idea to set up your vent fans through a chimney breast .If you live in a house with a fireplace,even if it has been blocked sometimes plastic vent plates have been fitted if you take these off you will see one or two bricks removed,giving access to the flue each room in a house has its own internal flue so its self inclosed,and chimney stacks are left open for room ventillation,always check that chimney stacks are not capped,you can buy smoke pellets(place these near the hole..hold in a pan or other insulated can}try to get near to the hole as possible if you have air flow you will see the smoke pulled into the hole. the flue is open..you can go outside and should see the smoke binoculars help(it might seem a lot of trouble but its worth it)  if you are good at diy you can take out a few more bricks ..all you have to do then is take apiece of thin plywood (12x12 inches)or doubled over cardboard cut the circleout to size and fit a male flange ..it will look like a top hat with square sides..you can then tape glue or screw  or use( no nails ) or other branded multifixer for wood plastic etc..(you can buy in a builders yard)to fix the top hat over the hole.the beauty of this system is it takes the vent gases and smell go up the chimney and out the stack ..where the wind takes the smell away..ive never needed to use carbon filters,and there is no external signs.you then fit your fan direct or have a small insert of ducting between the fan(WALL FIXED] and the flange.. dont forget fans pull air more efficiently than push air so keep the fan as close to the outlet flange as possible
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 19:43
interesting stuff assinomen well thought out, what you got growing at the moment?,,, CK   
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 20:13
I have northern lights femminised,with nft systems some home built and and some of the tanks with 3x 600watt poot lampsand 1x400w with a poot relector.It helps having worked in building trades.altough as explained in my question above i seem to have two different strains of plants its like exactly 10 of each type that seem to have different flower characteristics but as i have not grown the femminised version of nl only the original i know plant types are varied .10 came from one pack 10 from another... one from holland (sensi seeds)one from england(sensi seeds broker)although the bar code was identical.is it possible a mix up or maybee the frequency is different and the others will catch up?i suppose its difficult to make a call with no photos.any ideas?
coverking View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote coverking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 23:16
its a funnny one as phenos vary i suppose you could say for sure one batch is correct at least. id say the ones from holland would be the seeds id use as a reference to the strain, im not saying your uk broker is doing anything unjust but theres always a doubt. also you say serial numbers match? id think a strain as stable as NL would be very uniform in growth! have you got them in exact same conditions etc other than that would point to the fact seeds may have been stored differently or maybe a different/old batch perhaps other than grow room conditions light distribution/air/feed its prety hard to say how far along are the plants ,,,CK
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 16:34
ive just come out the room,i am more convinced every day.i am in week five,ive counted 12 definate northern lights,the13th is id say a nl runt..that leaves 7 its as obvious as the difference beetween an apple tree and a tomato plant..the good news is the lights are looking exellent resin cover even on the stalks the bracts are swelling some like wheat almost(not bud run)like the jack herer a bit.you know when you see good sensi bank plants even the leaves look perfect ,dark green  whereas the others are lime green sort of vegtable greenish buds like immature buds ,longer pistils different leaf formation not much resin..still they may be longer flower cycle..dont get me wrong they may be good plants,and still sensi seeds but the northern lights is such a beautiful plant it makes the others a bit of a disappointment.what i dont know is where the seeds from the english broker are actually packaged  i assume that they are sent in bulk and packed to order in england.i incline to your view that the problem would be with the broker,the temptation to slip a few f2 "northern lights"or whatever is at hand into the official packing.im not saying that is what happend but its possible unscrupulous seed banks would do this,and count on novice growers to not have the confidence to challenge them.i trust my instincts and will be querying the supplier.it might be a simple error i,ll never know for sure.the only problem with the sensi bank are their payment options.credit card or bankers draft,im sure that when i sent my money whoever took the money knew the address of the seed bank,when i phoned the seed bank to see if my cash was there they said they get envelopes open at times and wont sign for them.i went to a lot of trouble to source the right seeds as i feared what has happened could happen when dealing with third parties.i also insured the money only to find it was insured only to englands border,and any way to claim they want your address and the address of recipient..not too appealing considering the legal issues.in short i will learn from the experience im sure im not the first.any way sorry to go on but hey thats what the forums for and any one else reading this i hope its of value.still some of the storys ive read on here are worse,all is not lost.thanks for your interest   ps they are all connected to the same systems so no chance of lack of nutrients etc
assinomen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote assinomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 16:27
Originally posted by coverking

its a funnny one as phenos vary i suppose you could say for sure one batch is correct at least. id say the ones from holland would be the seeds id use as a reference to the strain, im not saying your uk broker is doing anything unjust but theres always a doubt. also you say serial numbers match? id think a strain as stable as NL would be very uniform in growth! have you got them in exact same conditions etc other than that would point to the fact seeds may have been stored differently or maybe a different/old batch perhaps other than grow room conditions light distribution/air/feed its prety hard to say how far along are the plants ,,,CK
now that ive let them mature a bit more some of them come around..so it seems you were on the money..i think the feminised seem to vary a lot more than the original's not as stable' izd  cos they did some work on them..but its a trade off.i'd rather have some not brilliant females than males;and if i had space to do clones ive got some 100% nl's..shame to not clone them ..its a miracle that they can feminise them in the first  place
 Post Reply Post Reply