Please help identify unknown fem seed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Achterburgwal150 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Achterburgwal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help identify unknown fem seed
    Posted: 10 January 2012 at 00:23
Hey I've got a Sensi Skunk #1 and a White Label mixed feminized seed. They're at 5 1/2 weeks since 12/12 flip.  DWC, canna nutes, 400w hps/mh-veg. The mystery seed is much more leafy. Any help ID'ing her would be much appreciated!

mystery white label fem^

Skunk #1 ^

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 11:16
Hmm, hard to say. The leafy one clearly has a strong Indica influence, but it doesn't look much like any of the WL feminised Indica strains, due to all those leaves coming from the buds.

It may be an unusual individual, but the profusion of leaves suggests something happened in the growing environment - possibly interrupted flowering.

If there was a clone saved from this plant, I'd be interested to see if she displayed the same unusual leaf growth when flowered again.

At a guess (and depending on the aroma produced by the buds), this could be Pure Power Plant, White Gold, or even one of the Skunks. However, my money would be on it being White Ice.

Despite the strange flowering pattern, there's no reason she shouldn't produce a good smoke, in the end.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 12:26
It had a look of white gold gone wrong abit to me, as ive had a few of them go slightly awry in the past, and they do tend to be leafy numbers. Though not to the extent yours has. What is the smell like? If its a sweet, sickly, kind of smell, its probably white gold, which is really worth its weight in gold when grown properly. But is a funny one to get right. Lovely when you do though.
Green-Thumb Growing
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 12:32
i had a white rhino plant do the same thing a few years ago, and i read some where that cold night temps(below 10c) can course plants to produce more leaves than bud but how true that is i dont know
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 12:42
Them darn white strains and the blues are allways a pain in the ass. Need special attention like a naughty child.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Achterburgwal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 19:42
Well there are buds underneath the leaves, so it's not all leaf and stem. The smell of mystery is much sweeter and yeah kinda sickly compared to the skunkiness of the #1.

Didn't save any clones but they are in the same res so I'd think they would both show the same signs of distress. Except skunk#1 is the hardiest, stablest strain I've even grown and could probably endure more stress than most strains.  Is white gold a parent strain of any of the WL girls? Got to be some kind of phenotype or something.

Guess I'll have to wait till harvest to see what's really beneath those shady leaves.

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Achterburgwal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2012 at 23:47
Originally posted by sicklehand

i had a white rhino plant do the same thing a few years ago, and i read some where that cold night temps(below 10c) can course plants to produce more leaves than bud but how true that is i dont know

Funny you should say that, I grew a GH white rhino last round and it didn't bud either. It was in the same res as a skunk #1 as well.
Maybe Skunk #1 is sucking up all the nutrients before the other plant has a chance to use them. I top off the res adding nutes every other day or so to keep the ppms locked in though.

Something weird that did happen to it when it was a seedling: I started the seed in hydroton, there's a recirculating pump that splashes water up to the netpot. Problem was I started ?-seed early and it only had purified water for 1 1/2 weeks before I got nutes in the res. The skunk#1 only went 3-4 days after sprouting without nutes.
Here's what she looked like at her worst:

Here's a pic of her 1 1/2 weeks ago:

Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 03:02
I am leaning further to you having the white gold with the smell you describe and the mutated leafs, which it does when stressed. White gold was formerly called blueberries, and is a blue strain of some sort, im not exactly sure why they changed the name to white gold, but i didnt notice a difference once the name changed, but i had my last lot literally right after they changed it a few years back. Its a good smoke and can yield well when grown well. You really need to keep it as healthy as possible though to get the best out of it. Excessive heat, or nutes, over crowding all will diminish its final smoke. Thats what i found, which is why i didnt bother cloning it longterm, its a bit of a pain, but cracking when done right.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Achterburgwal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2012 at 04:10
Thanks Solidopc! For some reason I thought the While Label mixed feminized seed strains would be the same as the Sensi mixed strains.. %3celirious  Looked it up and I didn't even know WL had those strains because they're not on the whitelabelseeds.com site. 
Anyway ms. White Gold aka Bleu Berries has been put through higher than recommended temperatures, reaching 86f at times. Normally it's between 78-82f down to 69f at night. Almost all the things you listed she's gone through for short but critical periods of time. I accidentally extended the day period to 13 hrs for 4 days thinking that I was making the day shorter. So yeah some rookie maneuvers on my part. This is my third grow in the same closet; needless to say it's not an ideal environment. And I don't have the means to improve everything but definitely A LOT of things.

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Achterburgwal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2012 at 05:50

Post Reply Post Reply